Pant cuff reinforcement

I love my ski pants. Unfortunately over the years I've managed to slice the cuffs of my pants through various crashes/bad skiing.

I've combed through Amazon trying to find some acceptable fabric to reinforce the cuffs of my pants but I'm not convinced on any of them. Anyone have some experience doing this and have some recommendations for some heavy-duty reinforced fabric? Kevlar or ballistic nylon sounds nice, not sure how I would sew it into the pant cuff though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I bought some ballistic nylon and took it along with my bibs to a local seamstress and she fixed them right up for $25

I bought some Mammut pants, that I haven't used yet, with Dyneema cloth for wear protection that I hope works.
    You can buy the cloth online.

Take a look at Seattle Fabrics - they have just about any type of outdoor fabric you might want.

I’ve done this a few times and the fabric was some sort of Kevlar stuff. I used Narain’s in Berkeley a long time ago, but I think they’re done. Use https://rainypass.com now. Or buy the fabric from somewhere, like craven said and buy a sewing machine and go wild.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

you could probably glue it on
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Gorilla Tape is great on black pants.

I use gear aid patches and tenacious tape. Stays on better than gorilla tape but eventually wears out. Easily to apply

https://www.backcountrygear.com/tena...SAAEgJmvPD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you could probably glue it on
    Do you recommend anything specific [/S]

^^I've found seam grip to be a really durable glue when used to reinforce tears in fabrics. You can apply it in a coat over any stitching you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Gorilla Tape is great on black pants.
    Did this last year. It was acceptable for a few months before it started to peel. My pants kinda have a fuzzy-ish material on the cuffs that makes tape tough to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Did this last year. It was acceptable for a few months before it started to peel. My pants kinda have a fuzzy-ish material on the cuffs that makes tape tough to stick.
    Use heat. Specifically, a blow dryer or something similar. It really helps the glue from duct tape or gorilla tape adhere to fabric (and even whitewater kayaks). Heat until the tape shimmers a little bit and then use pressure to press down. Also, round off your edges with a scissors so the patches are oval.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Do you recommend anything specific [/S]
    not a cuff guard but here we have a cloth patch glued to gortex with you guessed it Aqua seal that has been there > 10 years, i tagged a tree and needed o cover the hole

I liked the colors so I Liberated this patch from the XC club stash,

but i got in trouble cuz i didnt actualy earn the badge

Name:  fastrabbit.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  88.3 KB

I bet you could use some masking tape on a pant cuff to outline a guard and just slatehr-on some AQS which would self level to a shiny surface or cover with a piece of plastic bag and put a book over the bag

you would be into it for a 15$ tube of AQS
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I slice the shit out of my cuffs.
    Generally, when I get new pants, I go to the thrifty store and find a cheapo nylon duffel bag (or commuter bag, or whatever). I cut cuff the shape out of the bag and get the patches sewn on by a friend with a sewing machine.
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

Quote Originally Posted by Capatain View Post
    I slice the shit out of my cuffs.
    Generally, when I get new pants, I go to the thrifty store and find a cheapo nylon duffel bag (or commuter bag, or whatever). I cut cuff the shape out of the bag and get the patches sewn on by a friend with a sewing machine.
    I actually really like this idea. Think I'm gonna do exactly that.

Cordura. I have had three or four pairs that I have put Cordura on and they've been bullet proof. Took them to a local tailor who puts them on for about $20.

Rockywoods fabrics in Loveland sells schoeller keprotec. Kevlar reinforced stuff that should hold up well.