Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I don't have one

Ok, I've been thinking about it since the beginning of covid and I might finally be ready to pull the trigger on a new acoustic. However, haven't played anything to test it out due to lockdown, so need to go through that process.

So I'm soliciting suggestions. What guitar do I want? I'd like it to have a cutout to get high on the fretboard and a pickup is a bonus but not required. Currently playing a Sigma which is a more cost effective Martin made acoustic, and I frankly don't love it but maybe don't read too much into that. I want a rich sound. I also tend to play a lot of bar chords on the acoustic so lower action is preferred.

Tell me what I want. And I'd probably look for it used.

Also, adrenalated, that's a beautiful setup.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Show Us Yer Guitar Quiver

Added one this summer. Trying to keep myself sane at work. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3909.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	387930

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Attachment 365564Nothing special. Couple of Squier Strats, Ibanez acoustic. Beginner guitars. New place has room to put them on the wall, at least...
    You play both lefty and righty?

Name:	Image1633461722.015603.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	387951

This is my most recent, Player Telecaster with Cavalier pickups.

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	638.3 KB 
ID:	387952

Surf Green Squire that my daughter is playing now

Black Early 90s MIJ Telecaster Custom w/Novak and Cavalier pickups.

I'm a drummer but...
    Not including what's in my son's room...
    Nothing too fancy, some Fender, Epiphone, BCs, Squier, Steinberger, Washburn

Name:	guitars 2021.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	387953

Dad picked this up when he was stationed in Madrid mid 1950s, Ramirez Student Model. It was trashed and I restored it for him 25 years ago. Got it when he passed.

Name:	Jose Ramiriz.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	387954

Name:	Jose Ramirez Label.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	387955
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    You play both lefty and righty?
    My kid plays right; I play left…Standard MIM FSR Strat

Name:	Image1633467636.042980.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	387959

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ok, I've been thinking about it since the beginning of covid and I might finally be ready to pull the trigger on a new acoustic. However, haven't played anything to test it out due to lockdown, so need to go through that process.

So I'm soliciting suggestions. What guitar do I want? I'd like it to have a cutout to get high on the fretboard and a pickup is a bonus but not required. Currently playing a Sigma which is a more cost effective Martin made acoustic, and I frankly don't love it but maybe don't read too much into that. I want a rich sound. I also tend to play a lot of bar chords on the acoustic so lower action is preferred.

Tell me what I want. And I'd probably look for it used.

Also, adrenalated, that's a beautiful setup.
    Aaaannndd my lovely wife pulled the trigger for me for Xmas. Taylor 214ce is now in the collection. I absolutely love it. The action is amazing. Not sure I’m worthy, frankly.

Name:	IMG_4798.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	403388

Alright, I need a small amp to add to my amp quiver. What do I want? I'd like to grab it cheap - used probably. $100 or so, or preferably less. But I want it to have a little character. Currently thinking something like an Orange Crush 12 which you can get for about $70.

Suggestions?

Alright, I need a small amp to add to my amp quiver. What do I want? I'd like to grab it cheap - used probably. $100 or so, or preferably less. But I want it to have a little character. Currently thinking something like an Orange Crush 12 which you can get for about $70.

Suggestions?
    Roland Micro Cube?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I just bought this thing for river trips

https://www.outdoorukulele.com/colle...ar-carbon-gold

I think its awesome for what it is.
    Last edited by skiskiskiskiski; 02-09-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Suggestions?
    I’ve played some crush amps and I thought they really sucked. Mushy and no definition, horrible distortion. VOX pathfinder is surprisingly really good but has a very specific sound, takes pedals well. Fender Champion 20 would be my call. Little more expensive, but sounds good and has decent amp/effects modeling. The various amp in a box options with powered speakers are really cool but obviously cost more.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’ve played some crush amps and I thought they really sucked. Mushy and no definition, horrible distortion. VOX pathfinder is surprisingly really good but has a very specific sound, takes pedals well. Fender Champion 20 would be my call. Little more expensive, but sounds good and has decent amp/effects modeling. The various amp in a box options with powered speakers are really cool but obviously cost more.

Excellent feedback. That Vox was on the list. I’m gonna have to look at it closer. The Fender Champion 20 I didn’t even know existed. I’ll check it out too.

Thanks.

Suggestions?
    I picked up a used Yamaha THR5 a 1.5 yrs ago in the $100ish range and I think it's pretty damn great. It's a far cry from the modeling amps I tried 20yrs ago. My days of playing in bands are probably done but if I ever got the urge again I'd definitely kick the tires on one of the higher output versions of this thing.

Those yamahas are sweet. Rarely seen second hand, so I’m assuming owners love them.

I have a THR10, it’s great. Perfect camping rig. Also thinking about a big-boy version to make the plaster shake a bit more.
    Maybe one of these…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...modeling-combo
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I have heard good things about Boss Katana

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I have a THR10, it’s great. Perfect camping rig. Also thinking about a big-boy version to make the plaster shake a bit more.
    Maybe one of these…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...modeling-combo
    Those THR10 are clearly loved. But more cash than I was looking for. I think I’m mostly gonna run a microphone through it but I’ll use it now and then with a guitar.

Hell it’s obvious I don’t really know what I want.

I have a guitar in my office with a little frontman just to make a little noise. But no turning it up there. That leaves me with just one amp at home, a Fender Performer 650, which is LOUD. I have nothing for the mic since I brought the frontman into work. So it’d be nice to find one that can do double duty: amp for the mic as well as serving as a small amp for the guitar when I want less noise.

Also the 650 does not love being plugged into an acoustic. Little overdriven.

Hell I’ll probably just bail and buy a traveler ultralight first.

I clearly have no idea what I’m doing next at any given time.
    Last edited by EWG; 02-11-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt View Post
    I have heard good things about Boss Katana

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I have a Boss Katana Mini and am SUPER impressed by how good it sounds for such a tiny and inexpensive little amp.

It’s clearly obvious that we are related.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s clearly obvious that we are related.
    Ha. Decisions about big things: buying a house, who to marry, job to take, skis/bike to get - I make those in about 5 minutes. Let me choose which sneaker color to buy, well, damn, that's gonna be about 4 months. Oddly guitar choices fall into the big category. Amps do not.

Those THR10 are clearly loved. But more cash than I was looking for. I think I’m mostly gonna run a microphone through it but I’ll use it now and then with a guitar.

Hell it’s obvious I don’t really know what I want.

I have a guitar in my office with a little frontman just to make a little noise. But no turning it up there. That leaves me with just one amp at home, a Fender Performer 650, which is LOUD. I have nothing for the mic since I brought the frontman into work. So it’d be nice to find one that can do double duty: amp for the mic as well as serving as a small amp for the guitar when I want less noise.

Also the 650 does not love being plugged into an acoustic. Little overdriven.

Hell I’ll probably just bail and buy a traveler ultralight first.

If you’re looking to run a mic into something. Then I’d recommend getting some powered speakers and one of the many amp in a box pedals. But that’ll end up costing more than a small combo amp.

Anybody ever played through a Fender Mustang V2? Ran across one locally. It’s a modeling amp. Thought it might be a good little practice amp that could double as a mic amp at times. Thoughts?

Show Us Yer Guitar Quiver

Just a bump to say that the pandemic seems to have changed the math on the number of guitars you should own from N+1 to like N+5 or some shit...
    Last edited by EWG; 07-31-2022 at 11:12 AM.