Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Just a reminder that talking emits more virus than shutting up.
    In non-Covid times I'm happy to chat with a stranger if there's a line, but when there's zero line and someone wants to ride with me just to chat, no thanks.
    And for dog's sake, don't tell me what a lovely sunny day it is when it hasn't snowed in 3 weeks. That's as lame as "Do you come here often" in a bar. (Yesh, every day from opening time to last call.)

Universal Covid-19 solo chair riding etiquette?

I was exaggerating. I do like talking to people on the lift a lot. Just not during CV times when they turn their head at you and go on and on.

Also, the introvert in me loves a good quiet solo ski day with solo chairs. When you have a family and talk lot at work, those moments are gold.

I spent a lot of years skiing as a single and spent a lot of time slipping through groups to make sure all those chairs were full. Last spring my hill tried the one or two on the quad to meet city regulations. It was a shit show, long lines and lots of empty chairs going up. Most people seem to be pretty slow to catch on without someone giving clear instruction. I don't expect a liftie in the spring to put out extra effort, but I am really hoping for strong guidance from all crews early season to maximize lift use while meeting Covid rules. Hopefully a strong showing early season teaches folks how the new game is played.

I'm overtly introverted. I ski resort solo 99% of the time. I don't want to talk to your ass on the lift, hence the ear pods. This is MY time and I'm in a zone. Let me have that. I'm not here for chit chat or making lifelong friends. I'm really not required to talk to you so don't get butt hurt if I give you the cold shoulder. This was before covid..

The struggle is real for solo skiers wrt loading, now amplified due to covid IMO. I think that's also why I'm still on fence for deferring my Ikon and the crowds that come with it. If there was more terrain open and room to spread out it wouldn't be such an issue at this time. Shit I usually have 30 days by now.

Yeah my favorite, last year, while standing smack dab in middle getting ready to load a quad as a single, jerry skis right on up at last second, actually grabs on to my thigh as we both sit down so he could balance himself. Fucker. I grabbed his mitt and shoved it in his face. Then, I scoot all way to side and ask him to do same to balance out the chair. Right as he gets situated fucker then pulls down the bar so hard & fast, dented my helmet. I let him have it. Lucky for him it was a short chair ride. Rental skis- mouth-breather.

Then there are days as a solo rider, you load up with a three pack. Inevitably some dudes thighs are touching mine, they can clearly scoot over more but they don't. Then I play Karen and tell them I need the bar down so he'll be forced to move over, since most of the bars here now have those spacers that go in between your legs for the little ones. So sometimes the bars come in handy.

I think my issue with covid this year at the resort, esp as a solo rider, will be the gondy rides. If I have to load a gondy with some chick or dudes that run their mouth the whole time, that's not gonna go over well with me. How to politely tell people to STFU when in the gondy??? See it's thoughts like that that make it easy for me to wait a little longer before skiing resorts this season. Well that and the forecast.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Just start coughing. Everything gets quiet really fast.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

What a bunch of grumpy old fuks. Reminds me of me.
    yepper

The older we get the more awesome we were.

I'm 10 feet tall & bulletproof after 5 cocktails.
    yepper

Jax is even grumpier than I am and that's a high bar.
    But I thought Jax committed suicide by semi.

How long until we hear about the first person being thrown from the chair because of a COVID dispute?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    What a bunch of grumpy old fuks. Reminds me of me.
    this made me lol. spot on

So first day lift riding on Thanksgiving. Husband and I are rolling up and I remark how awesome private gondis etc are going to be this year. And as we load up to get on the chair a tall tee wearing 20 something with no poles skis up and asks to load with us.
    Husbands starts off: "Sur" -but I give him the unspoken wife glare before he can finish that last silent e
    But seriously what the fuck? Dead, no lift lines and you want to consolidate chairs?

I 100% get it if it's busy. I'm prepared for that but on a non pandemic day like that I would have said scram- there's plenty of chairs. Don't get me wrong I typically dig skiing and riding with others but there was an empty corral. and the kid looked like a dipshit (and not bc of the no poles- I know that can be amazing for ski technique. he just gave off that vibe)

The private gondis are money though and I shall relish them all season. So nice to have the room to be able to stretch out and unbuckle/ buckle #lovahsgondis
    skid luxury

Universal Covid-19 solo chair riding etiquette?

As DJ pointed out, the cooperation of everyone at JH so far has been impressive. I’ve been solo every time heading up from the base area and always get a gondi to myself.

Mostly ride single on the quads unless there’s a line then I’m either asking / have been asked if I/someone can join me. No more than one other person allowed on a quad with me. To be honest it’s been pretty damn orderly. No pow days yet though..

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    As DJ pointed out, the cooperation of everyone at JH so far has been impressive. I’ve been solo every time heading up from the base area and always get a gondi to myself.

Mostly ride single on the quads unless there’s a line then I’m either asking / have been asked if I/someone can join me. No more than one other person allowed on a quad with me. To be honest it’s been pretty damn orderly. No pow days yet though..
    oh it's super orderly. Didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't bc it was actually pleasantly surprisingly well done with how they space out the corrals, etc.
    More just pointing out the *dipshit* wanting to squeeze in and ride with us
    skid luxury

Maybe he was in to you?

OR! He recognized the Hubby?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    How long until we hear about the first person being thrown from the chair because of a COVID dispute?
    Heh, I was thinking that same thing the other day. You know it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Tobacco Smoke0.01 - 4
    Viruses0.005 - 0.3
    And the droplets of CO2+H2O the COVID virus rides on is 0.5-16

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Maybe he was in to you?

OR! He recognized the Hubby?
    perhaps one of his fans. That happens occasionally

Is “get off my chair” the new “get off my lawn?” 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Heh, I was thinking that same thing the other day. You know it's going to happen.
    I agree- maybe we should start some wagering. Can we figure out some sort of spread using the height? Or chair #
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And for dog's sake, don't tell me what a lovely sunny day it is when it hasn't snowed in 3 weeks.
    That's me - sorry man. Rain, snow, sunshine, cold-as-fuck, or slushy and dirt showing, it's a nice day to be alive and out skiing. Have a good run!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    That's me - sorry man. Rain, snow, sunshine, cold-as-fuck, or slushy and dirt showing, it's a nice day to be alive and out skiing. Have a good run!
    Ha, me too. I'm always happy skiing. I'll ride a chair with you any day paulster!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

The private gondis are money though and I shall relish them all season. So nice to have the room to be able to stretch out and unbuckle/ buckle #lovahsgondis
    Can covid be transmitted by bodily fluids left behind in a #lovahsgondi?

Asking for a friend with benefits
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And the droplets of CO2+H2O the COVID virus rides on is 0.5-16
    The size of the weave of the fabric is also not directly comparable to the size of the droplets or droplet nuclei, due to the three dimensional nature of many types of material, the indirect route taken by small particles in brownian motion, and the electrostatic effects in many materials. So if you’ve seen those claims that masks can’t possibly stop COVID-19 because the virus is too small, now you know why they’re totally wrong.
    yepper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4438AD26-3BCC-4B30-A092-6909FEA201EF.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	365.5 KB 
ID:	351190
    . . .

Does anyone find themselves pulling their mask/buff/evs on when they laugh or sneeze or cry or cough ... at home, by yourself?

It's a new behavioral tick of sorts I've developed.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Ha, me too. I'm always happy skiing. I'll ride a chair with you any day paulster!
    Me 3. Though I'm not an idiot, when I ride up with people like Jax I'd give them their space. It's pretty obvious when someone is in their own head.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I wonder what would happen if, in response to some (adult) guy jumping on a chair with you unasked, you just start up a convo like:

“you obviously are incredibly attracted to me to abandon all common sense and jump on a chair with a total stranger. Are you trying to hit on me for gay sex?”
    “Are you a top or a bottom? Do you like to be spit roasted? Do you spit or swallow?
    “If you were a sex act what would it be?”

“Well if you aren’t interested, why the fuck did you jump on the chair with a complete stranger without asking?”

Biggest risk I guess is if he sez yes. Then go into “Get away from me pervert!” Mode for all to hear...