Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I'm guessing that deaf people as a population group have less face to face social interaction in general (obviously not entirely), thus their covid rate should be less than the nondeaf.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I know that. I'm just being me. Don't take me so seriously. Think of a crankier version of Louis Black.
    Okay. What's the weather like where you are, anyway? Here it's -6C but no wind and the sun is out, so it's pretty awesome. Good thing about the cold is that you can see others' breath so you can stay clear of their virus cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Okay. What's the weather like where you are, anyway? Here it's -6C but no wind and the sun is out, so it's pretty awesome. Good thing about the cold is that you can see others' breath so you can stay clear of their virus cloud.
    Get a chair, you two.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Get a chair, you two.
    I laughed.

Where I'm, at, we don't use the metric system. Bad thing about seeing someone's breath, is when you are downwind and breathing it in. Same with cigarette smoke.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by FigureELEVEN11 View Post
    I love skiing and talking to my people on the lift.

You can really make another humans wonderful interaction with a dope ass 4 minute chat.

Its not golf you guys its skiing. Just riding that mountain and being one with the hill is a beautiful thing especially when you and your chair partner just have a wonderful 3 minute chat.
    Tell me.

What are my odds of getting covid on the lift from a person I'm sharing the lift with? 5%? 2%? 0.1%?

Now what are my odds of getting covid on the lift if I am on it by myself? 0%

So I should share the lift with you in order to make you feel better while risking an over 0% transmission risk? Sorry. I will take the 0%.... And for the record I'm a Trump supporter who believes most the science the media is throwing around is at BEST incomplete and indeterminate, and many times clearly blatant propaganda. But when I got people who I care for depending on me I will take 0% over 0.01%... And also for the record when the young hot model in a bikini asks to ride the chair with me I'm telling her no too.

When people mention the weather it's just an introductory "safe" topic to kinda feel out the other person and break the proverbial ice. I've found when I immediately start getting in to comparing the last time we were inside of a woman's asshole it tends to throw people off a little.
    We clearly never rode a lift together

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    An observation I've made at work is that many deaf people need to have the person they are talking to drop their mask in order to lip read. That would probably cancel out what you are thinking.
    I was looking for some contact lens solution in a store recently and asked an employee. He pointed to a sign on his chest that said, "I'm deaf, please lower your mask so I can help you." It really made me think about all the secondary effects of this virus I never considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    Tell me.

What are my odds of getting covid on the lift from a person I'm sharing the lift with? 5%? 2%? 0.1%?

Now what are my odds of getting covid on the lift if I am on it by myself? 0%

So I should share the lift with you in order to make you feel better while risking an over 0% transmission risk? Sorry. I will take the 0%.... And for the record I'm a Trump supporter who believes most the science the media is throwing around is at BEST incomplete and indeterminate, and many times clearly blatant propaganda. But when I got people who I care for depending on me I will take 0% over 0.01%... And also for the record when the young hot model in a bikini asks to ride the chair with me I'm telling her no too.
    Name:  tumblr_n65ddodjBb1tck201o1_250.gif
Views: 1040
Size:  1.03 MB

Vail resorts' website says in their "commitment to safety" that they will only allow guests to ride chairs with those that they are travelling with. So as a passholder I shall be expecting precisely that, and attention by employees to enforce it.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Vail resorts' website says in their "commitment to safety" that they will only allow guests to ride chairs with those that they are travelling with. So as a passholder I shall be expecting precisely that, and attention by employees to enforce it.

As in the case of retail clerks it's unreasonable to expect poorly paid employees to enforce rules beyond gentle suggestion. If there is enough conflict resorts may need to have patrol or hired security to intervene. In the meantime, go easy on the lift ops.

“Put your mask on motherfucker!”
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2617.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	651.3 KB 
ID:	351940
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As in the case of retail clerks it's unreasonable to expect poorly paid employees to enforce rules beyond gentle suggestion. If there is enough conflict resorts may need to have patrol or hired security to intervene. In the meantime, go easy on the lift ops.
    Lifties already enforce rules, like having a valid pass or lift ticket; this is just another rule. They can press the stop button and summon ski patrol to pull passes or whatever is needed. Anyone who doesn't take Covid seriously by now is straight up nutz.

Lifties already enforce rules, like having a valid pass or lift ticket; this is just another rule. They can press the stop button and summon ski patrol to pull passes or whatever is needed. Anyone who doesn't take Covid seriously by now is straight up nutz.

A rule based on nothing verifiable therefore unenforceable.

A pass can be scanned. How can you tell if people are part of the same group other than asking them?

Name:	Image1607498004.882105.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	351941

Name:	Image1607498032.452744.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	351942

Name:	Image1607498054.288657.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	351943

Name:	Image1607498095.857886.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	351944

Name:	IMG_3304.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	390.8 KB 
ID:	351945

Name:	IMG_3305.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	351946
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    A rule based on nothing verifiable therefore unenforceable.

A pass can be scanned. How can you tell if people are part of the same group other than asking them?

You can't tell if people are part of the same group and I wouldn't expect them to enforce that. But if you're solo and don't want anyone to ride the lift with you, they should be able to enforce that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    “Put your mask on motherfucker!”

Name:	IMG_2617.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	651.3 KB 
ID:	351940
    Threatening with Anal Probes isn't really the answer either, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You can't tell if people are part of the same group and I wouldn't expect them to enforce that. But if you're solo and don't want anyone to ride the lift with you, they should be able to enforce that.
    Lifties can talk, e.g. "singles, or single traveling groups only on chairs", "no combining groups", "sir, you're in the singles line, please wait", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    How about I shove this light saber up your ass?

These are awesome! the above quoted one was my favorite. nice work.

Lifties can talk, e.g. "singles, or single traveling groups only on chairs", "no combining groups", "sir, you're in the singles line, please wait", etc.

I was asked multiple times to join another group when I was rolling single. It was a choice, and the group was cool with it. I didn't mind either.

" A rule based on nothing verifiable therefore unenforceable. "

Please clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Follow up observations from first day of skiing in a Covid world:
    Thought it would be easier to avoid fogging while wearing a mask if I wore some big sunglasses w/ a buff. I was incorrect. Gonna try a different system out today w/ goggles and a different mask.

I also spoke to people on the chair (not always my MO). Learned about stem cell treatments in MX, deer tracks at 11000' (hint: they were fox tracks), the weather and traffic on the front range, heard the chair in front of me having what sounded like a barber shop quartet session and wanted to kill them (way worse than any portable speaker). Also guzzled a few IPAs while riding Solo.

RealizedI can't ski with a mask (buff) on, couldn't see, or breathe sufficiently.

None of the lifties played Slayer.

RFID can suck a dick but it is what it is. Gonna see if my wife's pass works next time, just for fun.
    You have to breathe through your mouth to even have a chance at things not fogging up, but even that doesn't work perfectly.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    You have to breathe through your mouth to even have a chance at things not fogging up, but even that doesn't work perfectly.
    Day 2 I wore goggles, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Been doing 'me time' for decades, should be even easier now during covid, not harder. For true wilderness, I think anybody here already does that by meadow skipping, bc skiing, solo tours.... It's not as black and white as you think. I'm gonna ski solo and I'm probably not gonna talk to you on the lift, capiche? Why is it necessary for so many males to think I'm supposed to talk to them or to pressure me to talk to them. Buy a clue and leave me the F alone. If I want to talk, I'll talk. Asking stupid questions get poor results; I'm under zero obligation to talk to you or anybody, esp during Covid.

I *do* have a fkna sticker on my skis, for when it matters most. For everybody else? Zip it!
    This is not an issue because you're a woman. I'm a man and people talk to me that I would prefer they didn't. Some people just like to talk.

I'm with you on the quiet solo time, however.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was asked multiple times to join another group when I was rolling single. It was a choice, and the group was cool with it. I didn't mind either.
    Fair enough but how did you maintain any SD on the chair? Group implies more than 2 people, I was under the impression the idea was to maintain that 6' separation.

Thx.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"