Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Southeast Thread.

i know I'm not the only southern american. hey, we do have mountains and they are tall...for the east coast. i was up at beech today and they were dumping manmade. got a few couple of inches of freshies over the past few days. i think this season might not be terrible, for the southeast, of course.
    swing your fucking sword.

isn't there a ski hill in Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    isn't there a ski hill in Alabama?
    new news to me but holy shit, there actually is.
    http://www.cloudmont.com/

so, this is the thread to ID people we get to make fun of during ski season?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so, this is the thread to ID people we get to make fun of during ski season?
    correct

ATLien here. Spent several winters out west years past but a newborn going to keep us home this winter. Hopefully will head to NC sometime with the "big kids" (3&5) to let them shred some.

Can't imagine this thread will get much action so I'll hopefully have some stoke to add to it this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jables View Post
    ATLien here. Spent several winters out west years past but a newborn going to keep us home this winter. Hopefully will head to NC sometime with the "big kids" (3&5) to let them shred some.

Can't imagine this thread will get much action so I'll hopefully have some stoke to add to it this winter.
    come for some laps at beech!

I would but the lifties are assholes. And play shitty music.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I would but the lifties are assholes. And play shitty music.
    honestly. fuck those guys.

Just here to say I learned to ski at Snowshoe. Not sure if its far enough South for y'all but god damn do I have some good memories at that place.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    come for some laps at beech!
    We've only been to Cataloochee so a trip to beech could work. I'll post up here when we head anywhere. Thinking of just loading up the groms into the truck camper and seeing how it goes.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i know I'm not the only southern american. hey, we do have mountains and they are tall...for the east coast. i was up at beech today and they were dumping manmade. got a few couple of inches of freshies over the past few days. i think this season might not be terrible, for the southeast, of course.
    there are mountains
    and theres the fuckin white room within them

"youll only be a year older when you"

the fuckin white room .......
    bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Checking in from ATL

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Just here to say I learned to ski at Snowshoe. Not sure if its far enough South for y'all but god damn do I have some good memories at that place.
    unlike many southerners, we are inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Growing up in NC, I used to think that Snowshoe was at the top of the food chain. That was where you went if you were a legit skier, because they had double blacks haha!

I've got lots of good memories daytripping up to Beech or Winterplace with my mom and brother. Or the church youth group trips to Wintergreen. Good times!

Yeah I learned to ski there and then my parents went in on a family condo share shortly after. Once a month we used to pack up the rig on friday evening, drive down from Ohio, ski all weekend, then drive back, usually skipping a day of school. I haven't skied there forever but was back last fall for the UCI world cup.

My dad's ashes are actually scattered in the lake there. Sometimes I think of living there if I ever move back East.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	351252

My first ski day ever was on a field trip from GA to somewhere in AL. Might have been Cloudmont. Best day of my life up till that point. So. Much. Fun.

Need to make it up to Beech and Sugar this winter, it’s been a while. Usually ski Cataloochee a couple of days each year with a couple of other local Mags.

Wolf is doing a free lift ticket next Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yur threads gonna need soup at some point and a theme song

and i still gits emails from the some se skier forum i joined to puts some southeastmag rob gittin after it in the satch stokes in
    and wheres paj?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    yur threads gonna need soup at some point and a theme song

and i still gits emails from the some se skier forum i joined to puts some southeastmag rob gittin after it in the satch stokes in
    and wheres paj?
    i can't argue with that theme song.

i'm trying to escape the se soon and get after it in the satch for a few days. would love to get a day with you. i'll bring you some of my flies

unlike many southerners, we are inclusive.
    QFT

I'll be watching Snowshoe and Winterplace this year for some decent days. Really anxious to roadtrip up to Timberlind and Canaan once the season gets going. Timberline is going to have a good year with the improvements I think.

Been a minute since posting but it’s good to see this thread. Im in ATL area ready to make turns. Theres some decent skiing to be found. Some days I ski all day other days its a few runs and then drink beers and grill out in the parking lot.

I’ll look for some stoke to post up

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I was up at Cat this morning. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Variable, soft in the sun, hard in the shade. Not crowded on the hill, crowded as fuck parking; patrol was having a used gear sale and everyone in Asheville was trying to outfit their kids.

Not sure this qualifies as "stoke", but it's what I've got.

Name:  128715666_10223829311695725_7309966618822946572_n.jpg
Views: 2796
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  130052139_10223829311215713_5998561815192845221_n.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  93.2 KB
    Name:  130084793_10223829311015708_7740263983826148412_n.jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  75.5 KB
    Name:  130190314_10223829311535721_3057071865888734275_n.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  70.8 KB
    Last edited by teledave; 12-05-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Growing up in NC, I used to think that Snowshoe was at the top of the food chain. That was where you went if you were a legit skier, because they had double blacks haha!
    After you mastered Tom Terrific at Sugar?

This counts as stoke I'd say. It made me want to load the groms up and go ski there!