Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Most 2020 thing ever: a god damn slide at Ober Gatlinburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    new news to me but holy shit, there actually is.
    http://www.cloudmont.com/
    Uh , then You’re not really from Dixie then, carpetbagger .

Atlanta born and raised , living in SLC now .

Grew up skiing in Colorado , Utah and BC and had the occasional trip to Cat , Sugar and Beech to supplement ski camp and ski vacations with the fam

Don’t sleep on Blower pow days in January at Beech or the Tucker Terrain Park @atlskier

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Uh , then You’re not really from Dixie then, carpetbagger .

Atlanta born and raised , living in SLC now .

Grew up skiing in Colorado , Utah and BC and had the occasional trip to Cat , Sugar and Beech to supplement ski camp and ski vacations with the fam

Don’t sleep on Blower pow days in January at Beech or the Tucker Terrain Park @atlskier
    not a carpetbagger. nc born, raised, and livin. i've just had comparatively real skiing to concern myself with here in the high country, not some hill in bumfuck alabama.
    swing your fucking sword.

This coming week is shaping up nicely....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dec. 13.PNG 
Views:	121 
Size:	949.5 KB 
ID:	352591

Lifelong NC skier. Put on a plane to Utah alone at 16 1990. Still ski 20-25 days a winter in Utah . Haven’t missed a Utah season in 31 straight seasons.
    However, I will pick my days and hit beech on occasion. Haven’t been to snowshoe since 2013. I find the lodging too expensive and would rather buy a plane ticket. But it can be fun for sure.

Snowshoe is too flat , but I did do a spring break trip there in 2010 when I was in college in Va and they had more annual snowfall than Most of CO that year . Regardless , not worth more than a day of skiing.

Wolf Laurel has the most potential in the state if they could ever expand . RIP hawksnest

Hawksnest is no more? Too bad, hadn't heard. Nice little ski hill. And if memory serves, it was the site the of the first SkiNC summit. If you know, you know.

Snowshoe is too flat , but I did do a spring break trip there in 2010 when I was in college in Va and they had more annual snowfall than Most of CO that year . Regardless , not worth more than a day of skiing.

Wolf Laurel has the most potential in the state if they could ever expand . RIP hawksnest
    Flat in comparison to what? We're not comparing SE to Colorado here, this is just stoke for SE areas. You must have missed the bottom pitches of the two Western Territory runs or the Widowmaker run. Those two areas have some of the best sustained fall line skiing in the region.

Historically the SE was just part of the Mid-Atlantic thread. Which might see 5 posts in a big year. IMO the Canaan valley by far the best, even when timberline was a dump. but christ its a llloooonnnggg drive.

PS you better stay inbounds at Beech. or TNKen'll fuck you up. Seriously. Some dickehead patroller well. story for another day.

/Carry on.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Most 2020 thing ever: a god damn slide at Ober Gatlinburg.

OMG, you guys ski on that? Props...
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Cams looked good at West Virginia resorts today. Might be up on the slopes somewhere this weekend.

Hawks nest was the best. A damn shame the lift served riding is gone.

Beer chair at sugar last year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD20B481-0559-4894-93A5-167939CB1C0E.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	402.4 KB 
ID:	352907
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAC3C4E0-CDF5-40B0-9F83-A922D7A56083.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	350.8 KB 
ID:	352903  

Quote Originally Posted by Paj View Post
    Cams looked good at West Virginia resorts today. Might be up on the slopes somewhere this weekend.

Hawks nest was the best. A damn shame the lift served riding is gone.
    come up to beech. i'll be running lifts on saturday and sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post

PS you better stay inbounds at Beech. or TNKen'll fuck you up. Seriously. Some dickehead patroller well. story for another day.

/Carry on.
    Sounds like a good story for the eventual melt cycle we go through here in the coming days.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Flat in comparison to what? We're not comparing SE to Colorado here, this is just stoke for SE areas. You must have missed the bottom pitches of the two Western Territory runs or the Widowmaker run. Those two areas have some of the best sustained fall line skiing in the region.
    Snowshoe sucks fucking donkey nuts. It's overrated, overcrowded, overpriced, and now; just like half of the ski areas in the country, overrun by Ikon assholes who think they fucking invented going skiing.

On the other hand, my wife and kids love the 'Shoe so you may fall into the same beater category they do.

Fuck Snowshoe, they suck.
    Last edited by teledave; 12-15-2020 at 05:57 PM. Reason: To say Fuck Snowshoe, they suck.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Bro I live in Utah , ever heard of it ??

Western Territory, you mean like 2 25 degree groomers cut through trees ... sick bro lmao

The western territory runs are the furthest thing from sustained fall line skiing. Although the bottom pitch of shays is decent, both have several sections of almost flat terrain. I was very disappointed when I went, especially after all the hype. The rest of snowshoe is flatter than beech, which is fairly remarkable. Timberline has much better sustained fall line and is chill AF. Wolf ridge also better terrain.

Bro I live in Utah , ever heard of it ??

Western Territory, you mean like 2 25 degree groomers cut through trees ... sick bro lmao
    Cool, then piss off back to the Wasatch Stoke thread and bitch about the LCC or BCC road being closed for the umpteenth time or whatever. We're discussing SE hills here, not your annual pilgrimage out west. No one is going to dispute the west has better terrain in here.

Also, I will grant that Snowshoe doesn't have the best terrain in its main bowl area, but the Western Territory is good for the more serious skiers and usually quite uncrowded. Timberline's got the best fall line skiing of any where, but the bottom two pitches for Shay's and Cupp are some of the steepest you'll find in the region. WGAF if you gotta skate the flat for a minute to get to it? I've definitely had to skate flat sections at western mountains to access terrain.

Anyways, snow on the way tomorrow! Hope we see some stoke in here.

Cool, then piss off back to the Wasatch Stoke thread and bitch about the LCC or BCC road being closed for the umpteenth time or whatever. We're discussing SE hills here, not your annual pilgrimage out west. No one is going to dispute the west has better terrain in here.

Also, I will grant that Snowshoe doesn't have the best terrain in its main bowl area, but the Western Territory is good for the more serious skiers and usually quite uncrowded. Timberline's got the best fall line skiing of any where, but the bottom two pitches for Shay's and Cupp are some of the steepest you'll find in the region. WGAF if you gotta skate the flat for a minute to get to it? I've definitely had to skate flat sections at western mountains to access terrain.

Anyways, snow on the way tomorrow! Hope we see some stoke in here.

Hey JONG- GTFO this thread with your hards on for Snowshoe. West Virginia aint Dixie .

Isn’t there a mid Atlantic thread for YINZ mouth breathing mid Atlantic cohort

Hey JONG- GTFO this thread with your hards on for Snowshoe. West Virginia aint Dixie .

Isn’t there a mid Atlantic thread for YINZ mouth breathing mid Atlantic cohort
    The Mason-Dixon line is literally part of West Virginia's northern border you geographically-challenged dunce.

I was kinda hoping the SE would eventually take back Sirdipshitsalot, but looks like we are stuck with this smug dumb gaper douchebag for a bit longer.

Anyways, I'm following this thread as SE skiing is fascinating. Been to Beech during the summer, I'd ski there if I had the chance.

should we make "the official argue about where the south is" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    should we make "the official argue about where the south is" thread?
    Oh please, hell no. It will go on until the end of time. Plus the rare opportunities of SE stoke pictures will be lost amongst the senseless drivel about who's more southern than who.

Oh please, hell no. It will go on until the end of time. Plus the rare opportunities of SE stoke pictures will be lost amongst the senseless drivel about who's more southern than who.
    fret not. twas all in jest.

look what you did SUF. a legit thread.