How much for used shifts?

I know this isn't strictly a WTB/WTS thread (although, if you have some shifts you want to part with, please let me know).

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of gen 1 shifts (first year of production). They have been well used, but not hammered, and are in good condition.

Is there any reason to steer clear of this? Are there any issues with gen 1 that were later resolved?

The asking price is $400 for a pair of Dynastar legend x106 mounted with gen 1 shifts. Seems like a good deal, but I'd be buying primarily for the shifts and then sell the dynastars for whatever I can get for them. So let's call it net $200-250 for the shifts.

Thanks!

AFAIK, there haven't been any inline changes to Shifts yet. So besides wear, no differences between first year and current year. Someone like SpyderJon or SFB would know more though.

200-250 for decent-nick Shifts would disappear in less than 24hrs all season long where I am.

Yeah, no changes apart from adding the 10 DIN version this year, which itself is the same thing just with lighter springs.

That's a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mlybb View Post
    $400 for a pair of Dynastar legend x106 mounted with gen 1 shifts
    Deal. Buy them before I find the ad and snake them.

Going price for used Shifts (elsewhere) is around $400. So this is a deal.