Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Avy Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by syruptraps View Post
    I'm just trying to put out some feelers on what this community thinks the best airbag out there is?

I've kinda narrowed it down to the Mammut Pro Protection 3.0 and the BD Jetforce. The mammut bag and canisters are available through pro-deal for me where as the Jetforce is not meaning I would save almost $800 going with Mammut.

I know this isn't a product to compromise on considering it will save my life, but is the Jetforce that much better? Thanks for the input!
    I work in a ski shop and we have a few different bags available here. We recently got a few of the dakine poacher bags and they have a decent diagonaland A-Frame carry(they run $220-$240 depending on volume) and they use the Mammut removable 3.0 system as their airbag. If you get a pro-deal with mammut you can get the just the airbag at a reasonable discount.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    UPDATE (12/7/20): I recently began experiencing some major issues with the osprey S32 E1 pack related to the zipper that holds the airbag (it comes apart with basic field use of the pack) and i might recommend holding off on this given its Gen-1 for them. They have been crazy responsive to the issue thus far and and i will provide further updates shortly.
    I have the same issue with the Soelden.. Did Osprey help you eventually?

I have a buddy who posts here occasionally also experience the same issue with the Osprey zipper opening during regular use. Kept me from getting one. I hope they address the issue and expand their pack offering.

I have an Ortovox Ascent 28 for day tours and it's a pretty great bag, however, I've been pretty disappointed with the customer service. The bag ripped on the side from a ski edge rubbing against it when in an A-Frame carry (was using it without the airbag that trip). I've emailed the shop I bought it from as well as Ortovox Service and Ortovox Warranty and I keep getting told to contact the other party to setup a service.

So I've given up and have patched it myself with aquaseal and duct tape... it's holding pretty well and I can still use the pack... so whatever I guess. Just probably won't ever buy from Ortovox again for that reason.

The diagonal carry on this pack is really well done. It keeps the skis surprisingly stable, so I've quite happy with that. Won't use A Frame again with it that's for sure.

EDIT: Okay well after posting the above message it turns out Ortovox is replacing the bag without further questions! Good customer service after all. Honestly the shop really made it right for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	372966
    Last edited by macon; 04-29-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I have a buddy who posts here occasionally also experience the same issue with the Osprey zipper opening during regular use. Kept me from getting one. I hope they address the issue and expand their pack offering.
    Osprey is examining your buddys warranty claim right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Osprey is examining your buddys warranty claim right now.
    Good news!

Correction to the previous message:

Ortovox is replacing the bag without further questions! Good customer service after all. Honestly the shop really made it right for me.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

I have the Black Diamond Jetforce. Really like it- travel a lot to ski so battery is a lot easier than canister. Generally i do just find almost all avy packs annoyingly heavy. Something you have to deal with though i guess...