Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Problem with nerf guns is then you have hundreds of foam bullets everywhere. Go laser tag...some times the kids (10, 8 & 6) and I play it at night in the yard, they love it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's not a problem in reality. Just dish them out 10 to 15 at a time. If they want to return fire, they get picked up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Anyone else with a 6 year old boy stumped this year? I've got the experience gifts lined up, ski trip, boat trip, baseball/ATL UTD games (fingers crossed). He's got more legos, cars, trains and the like than he can shake a stick at. I'd rather not go down the video game route just yet as the iPad/kindle is already a strong source of addiction.

KQ, I can cross post in your thread if you'd like. Thanks,
    Give him 12 envelopes with past memories he forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    It's not a problem in reality. Just dish them out 10 to 15 at a time. If they want to return fire, they get picked up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Ya, I went the other route and bought probably close to a thousand darts off eBay. Nothing like a handful of spare loaded magazines. We are still finding darts years after the kids gave up Nerf. Of course we had the beltfed machine gun for a while. That was fun. I modded most of the other guns by removing some of the flow restriction and stretching the springs. Somebody shot my wife with a modded one and everyone was in trouble, but mostly me. Oh, and wear glasses or goggles. I took a direct shot to the eye once. My youngest got off a lucky shot as I peeked around a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I could have written the same exact thing.

No insight from me unfortunately, it's actually a point of contention with Ms Boissal at Xmas and birthdays. When I want or need something I research it extensively then wait until it goes on mega sale and pounce on it. I'm cheap and have a high treshold to pull the trigger on anything so I tend to run things into the ground before replacing them (I'm completely fine wearing stuff from 5+ years ago if it works well). I also am allergic to clutter and having piles of stuff I don't use.
    As a result I don't really like most of the gifts I get, either because I have no need for them and they'll gather dust forever or because I was planning on buying the thing myself but was given a slightly different item that doesn't tick all the boxes and was bought for more than I'd want to spend on it. I know, extreme 1st world problems.

So, this year I asked Ms Boissal and the in-laws for nothing. I made an exception for books cause it's nearly impossible to go wrong on that front. And I told them that if they really need to give me a gift I have a few things I bought this year that are still unopened and can be wrapped and given to me if they're so inclined. I guarantee I will like those.
    If pushed I'll say that "the greatest gift I've already received this year is that all of you managed to avoid dying of COVID despite haf of you behaving like absolute morons about the whole thing" and that should ensure I'll never get gifts again.
    I agreed with you last year and I agree with you again this year. I have not bought the stuff I want and provided a very detailed list but I expect to be disappointed. I even tried this year by hinting that I want to replace our coffee grinder with an expensive hand grinder. My partner asked why and I made some shit up about how it's cleaner and since then I've been ribbed about the cleanliness of other kitchen appliances (toaster, etc.). I guess I'll just buy that one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
    Exactly.

Christmas Presents

Consumables like wine whiskey or the green if that’s your thing

Also us ski team logo apparel

Also French cheese

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Consumables like wine whiskey or the green if that’s your thing

Also us ski team logo apparel

Also French cheese
    This is like a standing list for me. Except I ruined my family's ability to get me USST gear as I practically bought out the swag trailer when they had the World Cup Big Air at Suntrust Park here last December.

I guess they can all figure out a way to find me a bottle of the 2020 Woodford Reserve Masters Collection
    I still call it The Jake.

Anyone else with a 6 year old boy stumped this year? I've got the experience gifts lined up, ski trip, boat trip, baseball/ATL UTD games (fingers crossed). He's got more legos, cars, trains and the like than he can shake a stick at. I'd rather not go down the video game route just yet as the iPad/kindle is already a strong source of addiction.

If you're trying to steer him away from video games why not get him started on a hobby like wood working. They make age approriate kits to get the young ones started. It's something you can do together.

This place has a package where you can have a new kit delivered every month: Young Woodworkers Kit Club
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

We’ve got nerf guns and the darts. They are everywhere. When my son was 6 (nearly 7) I got him a lil buck 105 (smaller Red Ryder BB gun). It’s been awesome. Mom and dad got guns later. We are kind of rural though, which should be a factor.

He also has had bows and arrows since he was three, with real arrows. Not the crap safety arrows which don’t stick in anything in

Last year he also got a Redcat gen 8 RC scout. Fun for dad also. Completely rebuildable
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlsW99a1jE