Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Circa 2007 or so I skied one of the Tele Tuesdays at the Beav wearing a poncho and cowboy hat, fully representin' a few tele brands at the time and managing to look like a complete dork. Just happened to ski by one of the photogs on larkspur so I thought, why not, send mom the photo link of you skiing, she'll enjoy that. Then a few years later when visiting, she handed me a tiny cup of coffee and on it was a pic of me skiing that day, she had ordered it for herself after I sent her that link. Cool mom, glad you got yourself something you like! Fast forward 10 years at Christmas and what does she send me, that tiny coffee mug, stained and everything. At least it was gift wrapped.
    Very fukn cool.

BTW, when you were a BD rep, did you ever go to Santa Fe? Asking because in that case we may have met.

My wife's entire family lives in Germany. There are parents, and 5 siblings, and nieces and nephews. The parents, all the brothers and sisters and spouses, and nieces and nephews over 21 place their name into a hat. Without looking, my sister-in-law (the very honest one) draws names for each and mails the paper to each recipient. This year my wife and I each drew a nephew. It works and cuts down on gifts.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right?

/Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I just want to point out she likes donations to cool causes.

And that she rocks on Xmas threads.
    Awww shucks.....I'm just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks with you all and it's my way of living vicariously as I've only a few I exchange gifts with anymore.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I always hope for fruit cakes, but the only person who gets me one is my MIL. Also smart wool socks, or equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right?

/Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I always hope for fruit cakes, but the only person who gets me one is my MIL. Also smart wool socks, or equivalent
    Love me a good fruitcake and what's not to like about wool socks? A man after my own heart!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    My wife's entire family lives in Germany. There are parents, and 5 siblings, and nieces and nephews. The parents, all the brothers and sisters and spouses, and nieces and nephews over 21 place their name into a hat. Without looking, my sister-in-law (the very honest one) draws names for each and mails the paper to each recipient. This year my wife and I each drew a nephew. It works and cuts down on gifts.
    Smart move. Ms Boissal is currently finishing a painting for my grandma and bought a whole bunch stuff for my parents & sister + new baby. My contribution to the overseas gifts is the postage to send it all to FR, usually as much as the combined value of the gifts.

My family has learned long ago that a yearly shipment of French cheese guarantees my happiness. It also gives them the right to come visit whenever they please, borrow car and camping gear, and disappear for 2-3 weeks after pillaging all the food in the house. Win-win for everyone, no frivolous gifts or waste. Once in a while I get a random package from my grandma with some books, some newspaper clippings, and random French delicacies. Also, dress shirts. She has excellent taste and my entire professional wardrobe is courtesy of an 80-year old lady. I won't let anyone else buy clothes for me.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E57982A1-F722-4B4A-816E-6D823D37863A.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	350888
    Last year my brother-in-law got me this
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Smart move. Ms Boissal is currently finishing a painting for my grandma and bought a whole bunch stuff for my parents & sister + new baby. My contribution to the overseas gifts is the postage to send it all to FR, usually as much as the combined value of the gifts.
    My sister and frere-in law live in Sceaux. We do X-mas presents in August when they come to the U.S. for 3 weeks. They never get any presents on time, and it makes no sense to pay so much to ship, which is usually more than the gift itself. It also cuts down on the size of the presents since they have to get them back there.

I've asked for beer enough times that I don't have to anymore. I get beer for Christmas, beer for birthday and beer for anniversary.

Cheese is a good one too. I got a can of Cougar Gold a couple years ago from my mom. I might just order some for my wife.

I'm not normally a big sticker guy, but now that I look at it I think this might be the stocking stuffer for about 6 people I know:
    Name:  il_794xN.1506131660_3d95.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  51.3 KB
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Just ordered this for my dad. He's difficult to get gifts for, they tend to sit unused. My brother and I have bought him some nice tools that we expect to inherit in mint condition. This should keep him entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I've asked for beer enough times that I don't have to anymore. I get beer for Christmas, beer for birthday and beer for anniversary.

Cheese is a good one too. I got a can of Cougar Gold a couple years ago from my mom. I might just order some for my wife.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200702_135737.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	350927
    Move upside and let the man go through...

BTW, when you were a BD rep, did you ever go to Santa Fe? Asking because in that case we may have met.
    Yep, mainly REI & Alpine Sports, before the new owner took over. Where u @

Yep, mainly REI & Alpine Sports, before the new owner took over. Where u @
    Back in 2006-2010 I worked at Sangre de Cristo Mtn Works. Maybe I saw ya there on clinic nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Just ordered this for my dad. He's difficult to get gifts for, they tend to sit unused. My brother and I have bought him some nice tools that we expect to inherit in mint condition. This should keep him entertained.
    one step above the pet rock. nice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I wouldn’t argue if someone wanted to buy me this. But that never happens.

Name:  19FA0806-F1DE-46C3-A58E-E2AF52AD046B.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  42217427-DB68-4CED-A4C8-23494FFD0FDC.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  42.4 KB

That first picture is pretty much the least Lebowski guy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post

cougar gold is one of the most underrated christmas presents ever, such a great idea

Nice booze, or random small items I name.

Scotch is the classy version of beer.

Back in 2006-2010 I worked at Sangre de Cristo Mtn Works. Maybe I saw ya there on clinic nights.
    Ooh those were my pre-BD days. Back then I was still with K2 Tele&AT/Garmont/Marmot/Rottefella, but my territory was CO and WY. Ian Decker was your NM rep, we were both schlepping for Alpin Sales, lots of fun times back then. I'm sure I've met you at a demo like at Taos or somewhere along the way.

Anyone else with a 6 year old boy stumped this year? I've got the experience gifts lined up, ski trip, boat trip, baseball/ATL UTD games (fingers crossed). He's got more legos, cars, trains and the like than he can shake a stick at. I'd rather not go down the video game route just yet as the iPad/kindle is already a strong source of addiction.

KQ, I can cross post in your thread if you'd like. Thanks,
    I still call it The Jake.

Ooh those were my pre-BD days. Back then I was still with K2 Tele&AT/Garmont/Marmot/Rottefella, but my territory was CO and WY. Ian Decker was your NM rep, we were both schlepping for Alpin Sales, lots of fun times back then. I'm sure I've met you at a demo like at Taos or somewhere along the way.
    No doubt. Or OR or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Anyone else with a 6 year old boy stumped this year? I've got the experience gifts lined up, ski trip, boat trip, baseball/ATL UTD games (fingers crossed). He's got more legos, cars, trains and the like than he can shake a stick at. I'd rather not go down the video game route just yet as the iPad/kindle is already a strong source of addiction.

KQ, I can cross post in your thread if you'd like. Thanks,
    Kids love guns. Maybe start building the arsenal of NERF weapontry.

Move upside and let the man go through...

This is a good point.
    I still call it The Jake.

can't go wrong with log.... the kids love log.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Kids love guns. Maybe start building the arsenal of NERF weapontry.

Problem with nerf guns is then you have hundreds of foam bullets everywhere. Go laser tag...some times the kids (10, 8 & 6) and I play it at night in the yard, they love it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums