Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,800

    Ice Stoke, anyone?

    been scouting new routes down here in nc as we get the first of the deeper freezes in the mountains. picked up some new crampons for the season. went with the cassin alpinist pros. anyone else getting after it this season?
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    outer spokanistan
    Posts
    414
    too warm for roadside ice up here
    4x4, sled, skis or snowshoes could punch you in....
    the climbers i know
    havent got their tools out yet

    .
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,387
    eh, not great, but better than the skiing around here

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    outer spokanistan
    Posts
    414
    i'd hit that ....

    .
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Canon City, CO
    Posts
    14
    Looks like a great early season warm up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    971
    some is starting to come in ..

    Name:  IMG_9465.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  57.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_9463.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  66.7 KB

    Some is .. not.
    Name:  IMG_9466.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  102.6 KB

    PSA .. don't forget your V-thread puller.
    I did.

    Learn from my fail.
    north bound horse.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,800
    Gave the new (to me) ‘pons some new points this afternoon.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	352438

    Last cold front didn’t do the trick but alas, there is another on the way. Hopefully that goddamn ice will bond!



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Gave the new (to me) ‘pons some new points this afternoon.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	352438

    Last cold front didn’t do the trick but alas, there is another on the way. Hopefully that goddamn ice will bond!



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    hell yeah man, dartwins?


    this was my morning today, a fun few hundred foot romp

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    hell yeah man, dartwins?


    this was my morning today, a fun few hundred foot romp
    cassin alpinist pros. can't wait to get them on some ice.

    here is some stoke from my buddy who was utarded last week:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	352613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9554.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	352614
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    some is starting to come in ..

    Name:  IMG_9465.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  57.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_9463.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  66.7 KB

    Some is .. not.
    Name:  IMG_9466.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  102.6 KB

    PSA .. don't forget your V-thread puller.
    I did.

    Learn from my fail.
    Go long on both sides of the V thread (think x). fish a dyneema sling down one side to end and push a cord down the other to the end. Twist the dyneema sling and pull, the cord should pull out with the dyneema.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Go long on both sides of the V thread (think x). fish a dyneema sling down one side to end and push a cord down the other to the end. Twist the dyneema sling and pull, the cord should pull out with the dyneema.
    That's a good one. Will try that out.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Go long on both sides of the V thread (think x). fish a dyneema sling down one side to end and push a cord down the other to the end. Twist the dyneema sling and pull, the cord should pull out with the dyneema.
    yeah, I had to something similar with webbing, but it sure wasn't the ideal size or material. I was worried I'd have to use a boot lace if that failed (eye roll).
    Considering it was the first outing of the season I'm surprised that was the only idiot move I made.
    north bound horse.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    728
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bridal-17.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	360185

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •