Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Hotronics or thermics??

Ive got thermics and want to do this but I can't figure out how to get the damn casing open
    I've have and have replaced both. I think I used a hacksaw to open up a seam and then cracked it apart with a flathead.

I

What kind of battery is in there? It's something that's readily available?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The answer is so simple and right in front of you.

Name:  104.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  6.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The answer is so simple and right in front of you.

Name:  104.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  6.6 KB
    Dude, I don't hate my child.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, I created a nice summary of this thread for my wife, of all the things we could try that don't cost money, and the few that do cost money (with cheap options first).

She wants to skip all the options and drop $200+ on hotronics.
    This should be in the I love my wife thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What kind of battery is in there? It's something that's readily available?
    Yes. Link to a good description below.

The welded tab ones are the ones I used if I remember correctly. I’ll try to find them and link them. It requires some patience for sure. Then I used meltable mini wire insulation to cover where I twisted them together.

https://www.skitalk.com/threads/what...ic-packs.8869/

How to keep my kid's feet warm?

I used the ones at this link. I cut the wires from the existing pack in the hotronics/thermics as long as I could when I removed the dead pack. That will still be pretty short. I then cut the plastic off the new pack to expose the wires and have it fit better, cut the wires down to a manageable length, and spliced them to the old wires. Then I used that shrinkable wire insulation to cover the splice where you heat it up to tighten it. Put it all back together, epoxied it, then caulked it to water seal it.

Sounds easy, but the first one sucked. Now I’m pretty good at it. Maybe the hardest part is getting the case open. Ive never tried heating it. Maybe I should. With the hotronics you have to drill a couple holes in the bottom and use that to shove the batteries up and pop the top after you weaken the seal. Caulk the holes back closed when reassembling. For thermics I had to use a hacksaw to get it started then pry the case apart. Maybe someone else has a better way.

Here are the batteries. I last bought them maybe two seasons ago so you might be able to get more capacity for a decent price now. Which means when doing this you actually upgrade the original packs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-NiMH-..._bap_m_rp_1_sc

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Another fairly cheap option is boot gloves. On colder days you can put chemical warmers between the boot glove and the boot itself. Space isn't an issue so you can use the hand warmers, which are cheaper, warmer and longer lasting than toe warmers. Or even use the larger size ones (or double up hands) on cold days. Just remember that the boot gloves are only insulation though and therefore the boots need to be warm and dry to start.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There's quite a few people in our race club that wear boot gloves and everyone seems to have positive things to say about them.

+3 for boot gloves