Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1301
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    You ain't kidding, my old Deadline PR went down in flames this week
    Just out of curiosity...are you riding up viewline? If so, what is your PR for that loop? If you don't mind sharing. Reach goals for years to come ;-)
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Yeah I'm going up Viewline 90% of the time. I was talking about the DH segment in the post you quoted but my PR for the "Viewline Deadline Up n' Down" segment is 19:29 (last year). Typically I'm several minutes slower than that, I like to stop and the top and drink some water and stare at the pretty mountains. Nice pics!

Hopefully this wasn't friends with anyone here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJ8...SYGxSNn1H/view
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Powdork…hope not as well.

Yeah I'm going up Viewline 90% of the time. I was talking about the DH segment in the post you quoted but my PR for the "Viewline Deadline Up n' Down" segment is 19:29 (last year). Typically I'm several minutes slower than that, I like to stop and the top and drink some water and stare at the pretty mountains. Nice pics!
    Ok….holy shit that is fast as fuck. I guess my goal for next season is 40 minutes lol

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Ride a lot and you'll be surprised how fast your skills and fitness will progress. I bet you'll be able to pedal to the top of VL without stopping after a handful of rides.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I met Ryerson in ski school when we were 7 or 8 years old and have been friends ever since. Just got the news this afternoon and still in a state of complete disbelief. If I start typing we are gonna end up with a wall of text in this thread so I'll save it for the memorial (Sunday, 2pm at Bumps if anyone else is wondering).

Ride a lot and you'll be surprised how fast your skills and fitness will progress. I bet you'll be able to pedal to the top of VL without stopping after a handful of rides.

I met Ryerson in ski school when we were 7 or 8 years old and have been friends ever since. Just got the news this afternoon and still in a state of complete disbelief. If I start typing we are gonna end up with a wall of text in this thread so I'll save it for the memorial (Sunday, 2pm at Bumps if anyone else is wondering).
    Sorry to hear that Jay. Condolences to everyone...guessing some other mags knew him as well. Try to keep your head up....shitty thing and tough I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    This one hurts. Saw Loren and the rest of the 4mtn sports crew Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

Now who am I going to bullshit about the Avs with?

Have a few buds who knew Loren; very sad outcome, sounded like a solid guy.

44 days after my last real MTB ride (yikes!) I got out last night for some peeping on Buttermilk. Beautiful, great dirt and so much nicer than rolling paint!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633526708.535772.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	388041

Name:	Image1633526721.799585.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	388042

Name:	Image1633526750.169042.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	388043

Any of you interested in a Conundrum Hot Springs permit for a 4 person site this Saturday night? I had a big slam on my bike on Sunday and separated my shoulder so I can't carry a backpack or really use my left arm. I figure priority goes to mags otherwise I'll post it up on the swap
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Any of you interested in a Conundrum Hot Springs permit for a 4 person site this Saturday night? I had a big slam on my bike on Sunday and separated my shoulder so I can't carry a backpack or really use my left arm. I figure priority goes to mags otherwise I'll post it up on the swap
    Ah shit sorry to hear. Gonna play mens league hockey this year still? You can still join mid season sometime in December. Save half your league fee too if money is a concern.

Heal up before the lifts start spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Ah shit sorry to hear. Gonna play mens league hockey this year still? You can still join mid season sometime in December. Save half your league fee too if money is a concern.

Heal up before the lifts start spinning.
    Definitely will play if any teams are up for having me join late. Rob put me in touch with a captain who seems to be looking for some more guys. Of course it happened like 2 days before the draft...

It's not a complete separation, just one of the ligaments torn, so should only be out for 4-6 weeks
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Anyone want to head to Moab 10/21 through 10/24? I have a really nice 5 bed/5 bath AirBnB we booked for my 40th and my vaxxed wife tested positive for COVID yesterday. The house is non-refundable unless someone else rents it. Would be willing to take a hit to get some of our money back:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...45#post6426945

Fuck you COVID.

Dude, that sucks! You don’t think you could still go?

I’ve got a bud that’s there 10/18-21 that wants us to come down, but I don’t think we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Dude, that sucks! You don’t think you could still go?

I’ve got a bud that’s there 10/18-21 that wants us to come down, but I don’t think we can.
    I don't really have a voice in this one....but the wife did just propose turning it into a guys trip.
    Last edited by gretch6364; 10-09-2021 at 05:24 PM.

She’s a keeper!

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Snow line got pretty low last night, top of Rim Trail got a dusting and the big cold front is still on the way.

Snow line got pretty low last night, top of Rim Trail got a dusting and the big cold front is still on the way.
    Yeah I found some snow a little past 9k feet yesterday in Marble with a solid few inches of accumulation in shady aspects by ~9800 or so. My dog went insane. It's back!

Hey y'all. I'm BrokeSomeRibs (Jon) and just moved to the RFV. Looking for mags to ski with this coming season and take lunch time bowl laps.

Also - any recommendations on a boot fitter? I need some new kicks. I've only got soft noodle touring boots and need something better for riding chairs all winter this year now that I can walk to the gondola from my front door for the first time in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    Hey y'all. I'm BrokeSomeRibs (Jon) and just moved to the RFV. Looking for mags to ski with this coming season and take lunch time bowl laps.

Also - any recommendations on a boot fitter? I need some new kicks. I've only got soft noodle touring boots and need something better for riding chairs all winter this year now that I can walk to the gondola from my front door for the first time in my life.
    Looks like you missed the Age/Sex/Relationship status portion of your post.

Welcome to the valley, Boottech is the way to go IMHO, but book an appointment as soon as you can. Base of Highlands

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Looks like you missed the Age/Sex/Relationship status portion of your post.

Welcome to the valley, Boottech is the way to go IMHO, but book an appointment as soon as you can. Base of Highlands
    Thanks for the rec. Happy to go downvalley to Basalt/GWS as well.

Oh and uhhhh..... 21/F/Single and ready to mingle!

Solid join date then.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks for the rec. Happy to go downvalley to Basalt/GWS as well.

Boottech isn'tr your normal "base of the mountain" bootfitter. That just happens to be their location and allows the owner to get out and ski a ton. It is the best place in the valley.

Your 21/F/Single doesn't line up with being in college in 2005....just FYI. Gotta tighten up the lies here on TGR. ;-)

Hopefully we can live vicariously, throughout your RAP like tales of debauchory!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...J-Burke/page25

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Boottech isn'tr your normal "base of the mountain" bootfitter. That just happens to be their location and allows the owner to get out and ski a ton. It is the best place in the valley.

Your 21/F/Single doesn't line up with being in college in 2005....just FYI. Gotta tighten up the lies here on TGR. ;-)
    Shit, the jig is up. There go my dreams of catfishing for Aspen billionaires on TGR. All the billionaires hang out on the forums, right?

I'm actually a dude in my 30's with a receding hairline. I'm probably uglier than you! Sorry to disappoint all the thirsty ski town mags looking for fresh talent in town. But I make a pretty good wingman, so at least I have that going for me.

Appreciate you clarifying on BootTech. I've been to enough "base of the mountain" boot fitters and shops to be very wary. Thanks for reading through the lines. I'll be making an appointment.

Shit, the jig is up. There go my dreams of catfishing for Aspen billionaires on TGR. All the billionaires hang out on the forums, right?

I'm actually a dude in my 30's with a receding hairline. I'm probably uglier than you! Sorry to disappoint all the thirsty ski town mags looking for fresh talent in town. But I make a pretty good wingman, so at least I have that going for me.

Appreciate you clarifying on BootTech. I've been to enough "base of the mountain" boot fitters and shops to be very wary. Thanks for reading through the lines. I'll be making an appointment.
    Don’t worry, I’m not sure why anyone cares your age/sex/status, especially middle-aged married dudes with bad reading comprehension. BootTech is legit and the only place I’ve gone here but not the only game in town. If you go back through this thread there are other good suggestions

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."