Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1301
    Any of you kooks slid around on rocks and grass up at the pass yet? How was it?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Any of you kooks slid around on rocks and grass up at the pass yet? How was it?
    Pass has been closed for about 24hrs now; not sure if there was more than 5" before yesterday.

But! The snow guns are going on Thunderbowl, so that's good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Don’t worry, I’m not sure why anyone cares your age/sex/status, especially middle-aged married dudes with bad reading comprehension. BootTech is legit and the only place I’ve gone here but not the only game in town. If you go back through this thread there are other good suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It was a joke because his intro reminded me of intros in chat rooms on AOL when I was 13...haha. Obviously no one is on TGR looking for ass. Someone really does need to invent a font or something that designates jokes and sarcasm.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    It was a joke because his intro reminded me of intros in chat rooms on AOL when I was 13...haha. Obviously no one is on TGR looking for ass. Someone really does need to invent a font or something that designates jokes and sarcasm.
    No worries, I knew you were trying to make a joke.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I pretty much assume sarcasm, at least some amount of it, to be the defaul tin every post on here.

If any of you kooks want to make some turns tomorrow I'll be up the pass, silver highlander weathered by it's travels, say hello. Rolling solo but I'm sure there will be some folks around. Have avy gear and possibly a clue.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post

If any of you kooks want to make some turns tomorrow I'll be up the pass, silver highlander weathered by it's travels, say hello. Rolling solo but I'm sure there will be some folks around. Have avy gear and possibly a clue.
    Sounds like they should have the pass open in the morning, but will likely be dependent on how much snow materializes tonight.

Good vibes from the Bowl this morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634226811.625086.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	423.2 KB 
ID:	388994

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Well, that was a hell of a fall, hope it returns this weekend.

Several talented boot fitters in the valley, even surefoot has a good guy or two.

CDOT is down a ton of maintenance guys right now, so opening the pass isn't just as easy as going up there to plow it, etc, there are things that won't get done when they do... like replacing that gate at the pass.

Roads up to the Bells and above Ashcroft will be open until about November 15th.

i posted this in sprockets but... been looking at getting this shot for years.

Name:	8H0A6343A_sized.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	388997
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Crazy perspective with the telephoto lens bringing Daly in so close... SMP I assume but where exactly? Super hard to tell! Awesome shot.

Looks like the rider is on the hairpin, halfway from Airline top to Skyline beginning; shooter is at the Airline/Cozyline intersection??

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post

What a shot! Makes me even more pissed off we failed to summit Daly earlier this fall it's such a cool mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Looks like the rider is on the hairpin, halfway from Airline top to Skyline beginning; shooter is at the Airline/Cozyline intersection??
    Damn, that's about as accurate as you can be.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Beautiful morning with the peaks coated, but quite the icy rime layer on the roads. I would guess the Pass will not open for some time, if at all, today.

Well, that was a hell of a fall, hope it returns this weekend.

Several talented boot fitters in the valley, even surefoot has a good guy or two.

CDOT is down a ton of maintenance guys right now, so opening the pass isn't just as easy as going up there to plow it, etc, there are things that won't get done when they do... like replacing that gate at the pass.

Roads up to the Bells and above Ashcroft will be open until about November 15th.

Great capture. Makes Daly look close and huge like we are in the Alps.

Killer shot GR! Glad you could check it off

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Just me and a bear on Tom Blake this morning. But I did see a pretty girl running her dogs up Anaerobic Nightmare.

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	389226

Sky Mountain’s mostly clear and should be good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Just me and a bear on Tom Blake this morning. But I did see a pretty girl running her dogs up Anaerobic Nightmare.

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	389226

Sky Mountain’s mostly clear and should be good for a while.
    Sweet…thanks for the info. Lunch laps tomorrow!

I rode Deadline this afternoon, tons of locals were out taking advantage of the weather. Certainly some snow/mud in isolated spots but overall very rideable.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I rode Deadline this afternoon, tons of locals were out taking advantage of the weather. Certainly some snow/mud in isolated spots but overall very rideable.
    I was able to get out as well on view to dead. Agreed it was pretty rideable and I had fun.

Heading to Moab crack of dawn Thursday. Will get one full day of riding for sure…maybe something short with my son.

Our plan for the kids fell through, so they will be coming with us and a short ride with the boy would be fun.

Brother in law is flying in to town, so we are gonna do Mag 7. Booked a shuttle up and bike for him…gonna drop my truck above Portal. Bunch of newbs don’t need to be on anything more then a blue trail.

Thanks for the info GR.

Vasten is finished. Tons of snow and mud.

When it rains it pours... we lost Jimmy's and are now losing L'Hostaria barely a month later.

When it rains it pours... we lost Jimmy's and are now losing L'Hostaria barely a month later.
    When Gil backed out of the Bruno's deal at the 11th hour, he set things up for L'Hosta to go. I'm hearing near $3M for the sale. Insanity.

So, my two places with great bar menus are gone... I have a matsu gift card that'll cover my drinks next time we're up there for date night... what other places have good bar menus or prix options
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

But we are getting that new restaurant at The Little Nell which will need 100 employees to operate. Good luck with staffing.

So what other places have good bar menus or prix options

Name:	IMG_0714.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	389951

++++ ^
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<