Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1301
    Strong work!

We made it out for Gary Clark Jr and Kings of Leon on Friday. Nice to have that dose of normalcy again.

Awesome work! 200 days is legit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hoping to hit Snowmass once on the new bike before they close…probably weekend if 9/25.

Heading to chase the elk in Utah Wednesday night through next week (if needed) and then moose starting 10/1. Doesn’t leave me much time!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Hoping to hit Snowmass once on the new bike before they close…probably weekend if 9/25.

Heading to chase the elk in Utah Wednesday night through next week (if needed) and then moose starting 10/1. Doesn’t leave me much time!

Hit me up and I’ll show you the over 60 lines.

Lot’s of bow hunters out early. When the long guns come out, time to don the blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

Hit 200 days on my pass Sunday.
    146 on skis, 54+ on the bike.
    [/ATTACH]
    That's so awesome, well done
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Hit me up and I’ll show you the over 60 lines.

Lot’s of bow hunters out early. When the long guns come out, time to don the blaze.
    Muzzleloaders are out too...

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Muzzleloaders are out too...
    Not till 9/11 though

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Any word on how the meeting went? Is it still going? Any vote tonight?

Sorry, on the road

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

As best as I can gather Board voted to advance rezoning to a second reading in October and continued the accompanying master plan amendment. During the intervening time they intend to sort out specifics of what sort of conditions /covenants they can extract from skico to suit their pet whims.

For awhile there it sure sounded like gangster style extortion going on in exchange for passing resolution but I guess maybe its not if said extortion is proposed with some uncertainty in an open public forum and with the “hope” that it is offered “voluntarily” by applicant in next round???

Seemed headed for another deadlock 2-2 with Greg most in favor, Steve coming around to think approval less evil than alternative and the other 2 against but then Francie threw a curve ball and sounded like she might flip and actually support it despite her monologue minutes earlier heartily opposed.

Bottom line - its confusing and I wasted several more hours yelling at my livestream of the meeting with no great insights learned.

I was however pleased to hear Greg point out to his colleagues that rezoning Pandora did not automatically open the floodgates to McMansions in rural and remote throughout the county and that the BOCC retained the prerogative to say no to future rezoning applicants that are not in community interest.

Thanks for the recap! On we go I guess.

Ok, who the fuck lives here and is selling? 32 million for this property on Castle Creek Road:

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/s...aspen-co-81611

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Ok, who the fuck lives here and is selling? 32 million for this property on Castle Creek Road:

Guilty! It was a nice starter third home for us but we're finding it doesn't have enough bathrooms and it's a little too far down valley
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

par for the course

Meh, $32 mil is chicken feed. There are 15-20 properties on the market that are priced higher than that one.

I hate to criticize our public officials in the midst of 18+mo of challenging decision making (and mostly good decisions made). But the last couple weeks have been classic bumbling and dithering in the face of a coming tsunami. I'm confused why they've been so gun-shy with what's coming? [ And all while the business/hospitality community has reversed course from last Fall and supports an indoor mask mandate]

Aug 31st: "As of Tuesday, there were no local efforts to re-instate an indoor mask mandate in Pitkin County"

Sept 2nd: "local public health officials signal that there won’t be an indoor mask mandate coming from the board of health."

Sept 7th: "Commissioners: Indoor mask mandate would not be enforceable"

Sept 9th: "the Pitkin County board of health to unanimously agree to empower the public health director to craft a new indoor-mask mandate."

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I hate to criticize our public officials in the midst of 18+mo of challenging decision making (and mostly good decisions made). But the last couple weeks have been classic bumbling and dithering in the face of a coming tsunami. I'm confused why they've been so gun-shy with what's coming? [ And all while the business/hospitality community has reversed course from last Fall and supports an indoor mask mandate]

Aug 31st: "As of Tuesday, there were no local efforts to re-instate an indoor mask mandate in Pitkin County"

Sept 2nd: "local public health officials signal that there won’t be an indoor mask mandate coming from the board of health."

Sept 9th: "the Pitkin County board of health to unanimously agree to empower the public health director to craft a new indoor-mask mandate."
    I get the frustration, but you may be conflating reporting and humans realizing they have to do what they can, even if they can't get the enforcement you want.

It's just what comes with this decision making sometimes.

But yeah, we're all tired of this pandemic and they are likely in the profile where they at least have to try these mitigation measures.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I have been very sick this week with some non-covid respiratory bug, along with my 2 year olds; it's sucked massively and given me a bit of a wakeup to the reality of the potential care issues if we don't do our best to protect our community. Thus I'm extra reactive to the foot dragging, especially when the AVH ICU is full and the Board of Health seemed to throw their hands in the air and hope people would just get their jabs to keep us in the clear. I don't naively believe that a mask mandate will massively move the needle and protect our community indefinitely, but I think it's important for our community to have a unified approach and remain steadfast in doing what we can do protect each other.

My frustration is with the hemming and hawwing because of the rationale that "it's not enforceable" and whatnot. City+Pitkin took progressive steps at the beginning of the pandemic, but for some reason they were dragging their feet to do an important act - both out of symbolism and ability to empower the community and business owners - when the shadow was already over us this time.

I'm not pro-lockdown and I know people are tired of keeping their guard up, but this is going to get worse (especially for kids) before it gets better.

/rant

Happy Friday!

Try explaining that at 7-11 in Basalt you need a mask but not at Whole Foods….
    But yeah, we get it.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Try explaining that at 7-11 in Basalt you need a mask but not at Whole Foods….
    But yeah, we get it.

OK I'll try: Whole Foods figures their healthy hipster customers are bullet proof, while 7-11 knows their People of Walmart wannabee customers are sketchy AF.

I feel for all of you guys with kids. It’s got to be tuff.

Nice little surprise rain shower rolled thru Snowmass last night. Trails should be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    OK I'll try: Whole Foods figures their healthy hipster customers are bullet proof, while 7-11 knows their People of Walmart wannabee customers are sketchy AF.
    Same town, different Counties.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

I feel for all of you guys with kids. It’s got to be tuff.

Nice little surprise rain shower rolled thru Snowmass last night. Trails should be nice!
    Trails should be $$$
    Will ask the PT tomorrow if she'll clear me for light MTBing! stoked.

Yeah, we are having our daughters birthday party today and it's weird a bunch of 10 and under that are all podded up through school, but with the couple add ons we'll have to don the masks.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Wife and I were taking Rudy for his after dinner walk, up Melton Trail this evening.

Came around a corner upon Amie, super cute 20ish roller blader in “bike shorts”, with a broken arm.
    She was pretty scuffed up, but OK.

Got her up the hill to her boy friend, who was taking her to the ER.

Melton Trail... you can pick up a head of steam I suppose...

Surprised nobody posted this yet:
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/skic...tion-mandates/
    discuss amongst yourselves.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Look$ like we have $queezed in all the money making event$ this $ummer, now it$ ma$k $season again for the local$

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Surprised nobody posted this yet:
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/skic...tion-mandates/
    discuss amongst yourselves.

It was only a matter of time and I'm proud of them for finally doing it. Our organization has one; I think we're 100% for staff.