Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1301
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Ssshhhhh

Anyone think we will actually get a vote on Pandora's tomorrow and not just another vote to continue to later?

Not sure what else Ski Co can do to appease the commissioners on this one...

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...-for-pandoras/
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I would doubt they'll vote, even if they're more encouraged/incentivized by SkiCo's offerings

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I would doubt they'll vote, even if they're more encouraged/incentivized by SkiCo's offerings
    Straw vote count?

Encouraging news, but not counting my chickens!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Fatty flakes in SMV, goodbye mtb season

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Fatty flakes in SMV, goodbye mtb season

meh. sidewinder is ridable *almost* all year.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

They were huge about 4pm.

Walked the golf course with the dog early. Then rode the MUT’s into town in the afternoon.

Rim/7* will be good early tomorrow (frozen in the shade) and Sky Mt. should be fine afterwards, for a few more days.

3 nights of Umphrys McGee sold out in < 10 minutes. Drive by Truckers go live tomorrow.

Any trail condition reports in the RFV? Hoping to mtb this weekend.

Rim was good today, while it was still frozen, but the SE exposures started to get soft by 10.
    North facing Snowmass, Tom Blake, Government and Powerline are still snow covered, but rideable early.
    The shadiest parts of Dreadline/Highline could be muddy later.

View Line, Skyline and Cozy line should be fine this weekend.

It’s drop dead gorgeous early.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0908.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	391613

I was thinking up valley May be in play this weekend.
    I have a project up Maroon right now so I do the tourist thing

Name:	IMG_5028.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	391625

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Thanks for the report, Shredhead!
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Any of you mags been out to ride the new Grand Hogback trails out in Rifle? Looks like a cool project, but am I reading correctly that it is closed December 1 through April 15? That is fine with me as I can't envision riding when the resort is open for skiing, but may a quick camping trip after the resort closes.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveLarge View Post
    Any trail condition reports in the RFV? Hoping to mtb this weekend.
    Red Hill is also fully dry and lower prince creek is riding great. Could be some mud there up high and in shaded drainages like fog and skullbucket but should be good overall even in the afternoon
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I was thinking up valley May be in play this weekend.
    I have a project up Maroon right now so I do the tourist thing

Name:	IMG_5028.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	391625

FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Any of you mags been out to ride the new Grand Hogback trails out in Rifle? Looks like a cool project, but am I reading correctly that it is closed December 1 through April 15? That is fine with me as I can't envision riding when the resort is open for skiing, but may a quick camping trip after the resort closes.
    Good stuff, rode out there with a buddy and the trail builder. Fun, worth the trip, but enough is still in play here so wouldn't go back up unless I had a full day pass and had other business there, until we're too wet/cold for the season.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    FTW!
    I'm spoiled when it comes to the bells. I get to open the gate most years, go up before it's open/after it's closed so have spent a decent amount of time on a bench at the lake with next to or literally nobody else around.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

One other thing. We're looking at keeping the Castle and Maroon gates open longer this year because hunting season goes so late. Castle is a little different because of the Cookhouse and xc ski area... so, we'll see, our guiding document on it says on or around the 15th of November.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Good stuff, rode out there with a buddy and the trail builder. Fun, worth the trip, but enough is still in play here so wouldn't go back up unless I had a full day pass and had other business there, until we're too wet/cold for the season.
    Nice, thanks GR. I was thinking more as it relates to early season camping at the gap, etc. Obviously, Fruita/Grand Junction/Palisade isn't much further but having another trail system close is super cool.

Took the kids out to Crown Mountain today. I had not been out there before and had no idea there is so much stuff. I should be spending some lunches there working on some of the mountain bike balance features, jumps, etc.

Being new to this whole thing....I think spending time getting repetition would be helpful. Road my first drop today (the smaller of the two off the elevated deck). First time I went a little too fast, landed to far on my back wheel, bottomed out my suspension and a foot slipped of my peddle. Saved it though and the second was much much smoother. Hopefully I can work up to doing the bigger one.

What a great place for kids though. Heck of a resource and when I was a kid building jumps in the woods, I would of killed for something like that place. Very impressed with what it offers to the valley.

Name:	Image1636239688.497761.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	391849

One small step down for old man kind….

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    What a great place for kids though. Heck of a resource and when I was a kid building jumps in the woods, I would of killed for something like that place. Very impressed with what it offers to the valley.

This whole valley is just a big playground for kids, big and little.

You guys are all blessed! I would have loved to raise my kids here.

What a nice weekend!

Anyone need a killer deal on a snowblower?

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	391929

What a nice weekend!

Edit - we don't need it. Hook up GR!

I snuck out yesterday for a quick airline lap. Beautiful end of fall and minimal mud

Name:	Image1636385637.272569.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	391964
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 11-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.

What a nice weekend!

What type o' bargain we talking? ours is on it's last legs, but after blowing out my knee last season I hired someone... I've been going back and forth on buying a new one
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Question for the CO folks here. Need to be in Denver area for work right after MLK weekend. Worth coming a few days early and trying to go skiing over MLK weekend? Or don't bother? Plenty of goods around home, so don't _need_ to ski, would just be fun to get a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Question for the CO folks here. Need to be in Denver area for work right after MLK weekend. Worth coming a few days early and trying to go skiing over MLK weekend? Or don't bother? Plenty of goods around home, so don't _need_ to ski, would just be fun to get a change of scenery.
    In Aspen proper it will be busier than normal (ie 3-5min liftlines at times, instead of 1-3min), but not unbearable like other resorts.

Skiing will be good somewhere between the 5,500 acres, just a question of your time and finding a reasonable place to stay.

https://www.aspentimes.com/opinion/j...-pandoras-box/

The glading for Pandora's is what is keeping John up at night? lol

Also, what light pollution is going to be caused by the Pandora expansion? A porch light on the new patrol shack? More groomers? So many better places for him to direct is outrage...