Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1301
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    First really good night of snowmaking on Nell’s .

Attachment 393509

Attachment 393510

Looks like we might be lapping Ajax Express for a while.
    Was thinking g of heading up with my pups, too thin to ski down Nell?

Yeah, really thin. Ajax trails nice.

Ok but you think we will open Thursday right?

Yeah, the top. I wouldn’t count on Snowmass.

My bet is limited skiing off 3 with downloading. Employees asked not to ski until Monday.

They did look pretty hard at what could be done with Golden Horn/ Thunderbowl but that would redefine Ribbon of Death.

Picture a strip of snow, two cats wide. Now picture it down T Bowl.
    Yeah, nice!

As to Snowmass, haven't heard much.
    jummo

Hopefully Wednesday’s storm comes through for us. Last nights little 7” drop helped for surez

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Up and downloading and minimal skiing. I'll see you yahoos in a few weeks out there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

At least we’ll have the Couch!

I’ll probably be up everyday, if anyone wants to take a run?

Aspen locals (20 years in the valley minimum please I see a jacket for sale by a company called Aether and don't see much info on them except that they are sold mainly in some shops in Aspen. It looks like a really well made jacket so wondering if anybody has any experience with them?

I’ve been in the store. It’s a high end lifestyle brand, that’s big with the affluent MIFS, that are pervasive in this town.
    They have some nice stuff, but it’s not really my jam.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Aspen locals (20 years in the valley minimum please I see a jacket for sale by a company called Aether and don't see much info on them except that they are sold mainly in some shops in Aspen. It looks like a really well made jacket so wondering if anybody has any experience with them?
    Been here 31 years. It is trim fit, like for euros. Not bad. Wouldn't pay those prices for the product. Much better gear on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Been here 31 years. It is trim fit, like for euros. Not bad. Wouldn't pay those prices for the product. Much better gear on the market.
    This.

Just realized my three days in Aspen overlap with the X Games. How busy is it during the games and what can I expect? Staying on the east side of Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Just realized my three days in Aspen overlap with the X Games. How busy is it during the games and what can I expect? Staying on the east side of Aspen.
    The ski hills are suprisingly non-crowded. Everything else is a clusterfuck. Avoid the bus system that weekend if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The ski hills are suprisingly non-crowded. Everything else is a clusterfuck. Avoid the bus system that weekend if possible.
    Figured. Was planning on doing 3 days, one day at each except for Buttermilk. Isn't the bus the only way to get to the x games venue? Is it worth it to even go if the buses are a cluster?

Figured. Was planning on doing 3 days, one day at each except for Buttermilk. Isn't the bus the only way to get to the x games venue? Is it worth it to even go if the buses are a cluster?
    I can not imagine that they will allow for crowds, especially on buses. My guess is that they will either limit or close spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Hopefully you guys know i was joking about the minimum valley time. I like trim fit (at least i did before the Covid 15) and the jacket is < $200 and basically brand new. I would never pay retail cost for this, hoping it is a good deal for the price i will pay. Thanks for the input.

There are a few events worth seeing live at the XGames, but most are way better on TV. Superpipe being one of them, you can see the whole thing from where you are standing and you get to see how massive the 'smaller' 15' airs are.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

XGames originally was really cool to go to, because you could get so close.
    Now, unless you’ve got credentials, it’s much better on TV.

Slopes are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    XGames originally was really cool to go to, because you could get so close.
    Now, unless you’ve got credentials, it’s much better on TV.

Slopes are empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    There are a few events worth seeing live at the XGames, but most are way better on TV. Superpipe being one of them, you can see the whole thing from where you are standing and you get to see how massive the 'smaller' 15' airs are.
    Cool aiming for watching the Men's Snowboard Superpipe then. Its really just a novelty seeing as its a surprise that I happen to be there during the games.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

FYI it’s also Gay Ski Week. Town will be packed.

On a weather note, pretty awesome to get two one inch storms that turn into 6”+ in the same week. Hopefully last night’s storm can help get a bit more open.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 11-24-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637765250.672877.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	844.2 KB 
ID:	393819

Snow report doesn’t really line up with the snow cams this morning. Last night there was zero on the shelves.

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Wow, awesome! I'm in Denver this week so out of the loop, great to see/hear

Yeah, it was really good!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0924.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	393825

Let’s put a fork in this thread.

Anyone have any thrashed touring skis that I can buy for cheap? Just need something for volunteer bootpacking days on Highlands. Bases can be coreshot to hell and back. Pin tech bindings preferable but I'll happily take frame bindings so I can stop tearing up my nice skis. Just need something to last the rest of the month. 314mm BSL.