Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Where's the closest spot to aspen i could leave a car for a month? Anyone have a place i could park it?
    Sorry about your pops.

6$ a day at ASE.
    Intercept lot free, not secure.
    north bound horse.

Hey thank you. Dont know why I didnt even think of the intercept lot that is perfect. Not secure is great I'll just leave it unlocked so no one breaks the windows. With any luck, someone trying to steal an identity will clean out the clutter of paperwork and old mail in there and the joke will be on them.

I think theres a petrified paradise bakery cookie maybe a homeless guy will even find it edible.

Hey thank you. Dont know why I didnt even think of the intercept lot that is perfect. Not secure is great I'll just leave it unlocked so no one breaks the windows. With any luck, someone trying to steal an identity will clean out the clutter of paperwork and old mail in there and the joke will be on them.

I think theres a petrified paradise bakery cookie maybe a homeless guy will even find it edible.
    At a month, you’ll for sure get a ticket for leaving it there, even in the dirt section. I would call the storage unit companies at the ABC and ask about a one month deal. The biggest one has a lot of space right now in their car section

Intercept will give you a ticket if its there that long.

There should be dentists and/or trustafarians here with an extra parking spot....

I'd go Rifle Storage. $50/mo for an outdoor spot, doubt you'll be able to do much better than that. Get a ride from a buddy or take RFTA back to town.

As others have said, you cannot abandon a vehicle in the intercept lot for a month.

https://riflestorageunits.com/view-rates

So I've got a question for the upvalley mags... well a dilemma

I've been in town dealing with my dads house and stuff after he passed in december, finally have gotten all that wrapped up and all that's left is his car. I love Aspen and often miss it when elsewhere but man it's just bad vibes for me here right now, I just tweaked my knee skiing just a little so probably shouldny even skin for a few days, and I just want to get the fuck out of dodge, but have nowhere to leave it.

Where's the closest spot to aspen i could leave a car for a month? Anyone have a place i could park it? Anyone want a great deal on a 90something Mercedes e type owned by an only man who just drove it to the airport and back? It's not worth much but runs well and has no issues.
    Sorry for your loss.

Let me know if you can't find a spot.... If I can give my wife a timeline, you can maybe park it down here, but I'm a solid 30 minutes from anywhere actually in town (missouri heights).

The Brush creek Lot is not a good choice as it gets monitored and cars will get tagged and/or towed from time to time. Same with Buttermilk. I'll ask around this weekend to.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Well, then lets talk science. The science will tell you that COVID spreads easier than the flu, and has a longer gestation period before showing symptoms. Basically a double entendre of bad news for trying to quash COVID. Good luck trusting that modern medicine will eradicate this (hint: it won't).

We have a population of over 7 billion people on this rock. Variants aren't likely, they are indefinite and never ending.

I am sorry about your fathers passing.

This isn't the first, hundredth, or even thousandth pandemic we have experienced as a species. Thank god our mortality rate with this is low compared to other pandemics. We will survive, persevere, and keep overpopulating like the the viruses that WE are until nuclear war or the next cataclysm takes our species out.
    I'm not going to get into it here, it is not the time or the place.... and I'm guessing neither of you will change your mind.

So let's get back to skiing shall we, this is one of my few outlets after my ACL reconstruction.

I want this again:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	369203
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Skiings great!

Quite a few catching the last twilight laps on Aspen @ 6pm.

https://aspen.roundshot.co/aspen/

Skiing was good this afternoon. Missed last chair up Ruthie's by about two minutes, and even though I'm fully vaccinated, I'm not getting in a gondola this year. Oh well, I'll try next week.

having some powder fomo, scoping lines on Maui

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1616804824.266018.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	369242

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

^^
    Looks nice!

Absolutely nuking out tonight!
    I’ll be at the VX early and then probably do the afternoon at Ajax.
    Spring is popping tomorrow.

I know we’re all happily married. But if your father, brother or friend needs to meet an attractive rich milf, the bar at Pinions, is not a bad place to hang out.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Boom...surprise bitches. Little sneaky storm last night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Dude, I kinda spelled it out for ya.

Might just stay here. Campground will be empty all day.

Great day. Minimal crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Great day. Minimal crowds.

Seconded.

I got to the VX at 8:15 and got 2nd chair at 8:25. Two quick laps on Sam’s, that I actually rode up with another skier.

Then second track on Powderhorn.
    The troller that opened it, got first, maybe 5 minutes before me and I still almost caught him.

Never left Campground and never rode up with another person.

Great times at Snowmass today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Highlands was really good yesterday as well. Had some fun playing in moment chutes. That first one coming in from skiers left is pretty fun as the rocks on the right make it feel really tight your first time through.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Nice time in Ajax yesterday. Perfect conditions for the Grand Traverse.

Saturday may have been the sneaky best day of the year out there!

I'm hearing a late spring break crowd.. but nothing crazy. this last weekend was way quieter than normal for this week.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

DPS is out this week, one week later than normal, so maybe that had an impact?
    But with mostly 70s this week in Denver, the crowds are going to start receding soon.

Ajax skied great and was dead. Wind picking up. Tomorrow could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'm hearing a late spring break crowd.. but nothing crazy. this last weekend was way quieter than normal for this week.
    Maybe a bit on the weekend but overall we’re past spring break.

Absolutely nuking in Snowmass!