Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Yes today was all time.

I was coming down the shoulder and Jorden Curat caught this pix.
    New coat, what do you think?
    Attachment 353102
    I think it's not a bright enough yellow. Needs to fluoresce a little.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

stoke of the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I think it's not a bright enough yellow. Needs to fluoresce a little.
    I was hoping to make the @microwavesaspen page. Next time

Hope we keep this up. I think we're almost to season avg now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	537.7 KB 
ID:	353223
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I hate you people.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Face was still skiing really well today and nobody was skiing it. Classic early season Aspen,w/o bumps.

Walshes is cracking first thing tomorrow.
    My normal crew is working.
    I’m coming up 1A and then then taking a spin through the beacon basin. So I’ll be 15-20 behind the Gondi crew. I’ll probably only ride the couch.

Some of you old timers, bring your gear and we’ll take a lap through the side country.

White jacket, black helmet & pants, red backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I just started following. Love it. Also wondering about ski wear.
    I'm thinking of tying a space blanket on my back like a cape just to get picked up on that feed.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    This morning at Ajax was unreal. Snow quality was all-time and certain aspects skied truly waist deep.

The Face:

Attachment 352988

A beautiful hour of skiing
    memories some of my favourite days, sneaky early season on the face

Well....next weeks snow is now off the forecast. Gonna go do some dances in the back yard to see if we can turn things around for the holiday break.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Face was still skiing really well today and nobody was skiing it. Classic early season Aspen,w/o bumps.

Walshes is cracking first thing tomorrow.
    My normal crew is working.
    I’m coming up 1A and then then taking a spin through the beacon basin. So I’ll be 15-20 behind the Gondi crew. I’ll probably only ride the couch.

Some of you old timers, bring your gear and we’ll take a lap through the side country.

White jacket, black helmet & pants, red backpack.
    Wish I read this last night... I saw and heard about a lot of activity during control.. Was hoping they'd drop something yesterday afternoon so went up for a few laps.

Face and international were both very good, back was $$
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Ajax is skiing so well right now. Too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Ajax is skiing so well right now. Too much fun.
    I heard great things about Ajax today, but I couldn’t sneak out.

Sounds like Highlands was a shit show, but they had DT and G zones open. I’m sure DT was boney af

Hyrups/Kristi’s, Glade3, SL Hill, to walk on Gondi’s early. Never a line on chairs.

Highlands is the best thing, to ever happen to Ajax.

I heard great things about Ajax today, but I couldn’t sneak out.

Sounds like Highlands was a shit show, but they had DT and G zones open. I’m sure DT was boney af

I got out for a couple laps on Highlands opening day. To get down to DT you had to hike up to the mushroom entrance. I was in the first group down and ducked in and out of the woods. First run was great, but I am sure subsequent was scraped to hell.

Crowds were not bad today at Buttermilk (12/19). Much less then last year at this time. It skied pretty darn well and my 5 yo (and wife) did Klaus Way/Racers Edge for their first black runs ever. I am not gonna discount it being Buttermilk and groomed...it was still badass to watch their excitement and he went top to bottom with only one stop after hitting a stick and falling.

Watching people learn and be excited is badass. Buttermilk also has some really damn good views.

Name:	Image1608423721.358862.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	612.1 KB 
ID:	353837

Last edited by gretch6364; 12-19-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Great day today - teenager got up and asked if she could ski with me - that never happens!!! Found plenty of soft snow all over Ajax and had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I got out for a couple laps on Highlands opening day. To get down to DT you had to hike up to the mushroom entrance. I was in the first group down and ducked in and out of the woods. First run was great, but I am sure subsequent was scraped to hell.

Crowds were not bad today at Buttermilk (12/19). Much less then last year at this time. It skied pretty darn well and my 5 yo (and wife) did Klaus Way/Racers Edge for their first black runs ever. I am not gonna discount it being Buttermilk and groomed...it was still badass to watch their excitement and he went too to bottom with only one stop after hitting a stick and falling.

Watching people learn and be excited is badass. Buttermilk also has some really damn good views.

Name:	Image1608423721.358862.jpg 
Size:	612.1 KB 
ID:	353837

Nice work! Buttermilk is the best for kids. My 4 yo had a blast all over the mountain today.

Awesome dc. What dreams are made of.

Name:	Image1608473453.308896.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	353900

Awesome morning at Ajax. Still plenty soft and pretty quiet before Noon. Kristi skiing like a dream

G-4 was great today, but probably won’t be many spots of fresh left in a day or so. Bootpack is in pretty good shape. It was windy as fuck, but then the sun came up and everything was calm in the bowl.

They had a big crew out packing the middle of the bowl. Looked like a freshly plowed field. There were a couple slides. That will make some of the spots bumpy for a little.

Name:	Image1608500145.296995.jpg 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	353961

Lift lines sucked as always.

Name:	Image1608500163.766461.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	353962

Thoroughly enjoyable day at Ajax today. Even stumbled upon a couple of rope drops. I sure didn't go into the day expecting to make any turns where ya get that floatin' feelin.' That was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    G-4 was great today, but probably won’t be many spots of fresh left in a day or so. Bootpack is in pretty good shape. It was windy as fuck, but then the sun came up and everything was calm in the bowl.

They had a big crew out packing the middle of the bowl.

Name:	Image1608500145.296995.jpg 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	353961

Nice, I was on top at 11 for a morning lap. Skied G6/5 and then the rib down G2. Good turns and no sharks, but the rest of the mountain looked rough. Ajax will play until we get more snow

Name:	Image1608510593.689300.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	354007

The Dumps opened this afternoon.
    Kind of chunky, but good pillows here and there.

I skied Zuagg and Perry’s as community service today

Nice, I was on top at 11 for a morning lap. Skied G6/5 and then the rib down G2. Good turns and no sharks, but the rest of the mountain looked rough. Ajax will play until we get more snow

Name:	Image1608510593.689300.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	354007

I got bit by one shark, but luckily was in the bottom on Middle Fork. I got a bit greedy trying to squeeze fresh turns and a tree grabbed me. Was a fun tumble followed by the always painful pole fetch up hill. Luckily it wasn't any deeper, because nothing was packed.

I was bopping down that last steep section between 4 and 5 and JUST missed the tip of a big rock that would sent me flying. I felt lucky after that and let well enough alone with one lap....haha Funny when you fly past something and just see it out of the bottom of your eye and instinctively miss it...but partially out of just pure luck.

Feels like that whole side of Highlands is in that spot where if you are the first couple people through, it is ok, but not going to want to ski it again until we get more snow. Personally...I would stay away for now.

Sounds like patrol saved a 9 year olds life yesterday when he fell 40 feet off a lift. Got a pad under him and all is well? I saw it in my Google news feed as it is some famous lady's kid. No details were provided...glad he is ok, but dad of course blamed the lifty...