Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Love this. I wasn't quick enough to throw a snowball but had fun booing him

On a completely off topic note - anybody have recommendations for a trusted (toyota) mechanic around here? I'm in Carbondale but happy to go to anywhere in the valley or further if need be. Just looking to get some brake work done on a first gen Tacoma and don't know who to go to. I'm not really into DIY'ing brake stuff and figure Bighorn will be 30-50% more expensive unless that's the best option
    High Tone in Basalt or Riverside in Glenwood.

Love this. I wasn't quick enough to throw a snowball but had fun booing him

On a completely off topic note - anybody have recommendations for a trusted (toyota) mechanic around here? I'm in Carbondale but happy to go to anywhere in the valley or further if need be. Just looking to get some brake work done on a first gen Tacoma and don't know who to go to. I'm not really into DIY'ing brake stuff and figure Bighorn will be 30-50% more expensive unless that's the best option
    Finishing Touch in Basalt are the go to Toyota guys. The owners are toyota owners themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    High Tone in Basalt or Riverside in Glenwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Finishing Touch in Basalt are the go to Toyota guys. The owners are toyota owners themselves.
    Thanks for the recs. Do High Tone and Finishing Touch do mechanical work or just body work? From their websites it just looks to be body repair/collision damage etc but I know often times those places will do it all
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Blue Mechanic in El Jebel has been real good for simple repairs like brakes. Call them.

I don't think Finishing Touch does mechanical work but you can always call. They do incredible body work if you ever need it though.

Honest question. If he "cut the line" who did he ride up with? I have no idea who the Paddy O guys is but he makes shit sound black and white when it's all a shade of gray.

It your money, your rules, your culture but something seems a bit off.

Thanks for the recs. Do High Tone and Finishing Touch do mechanical work or just body work? From their websites it just looks to be body repair/collision damage etc but I know often times those places will do it all
    High Tone does mechanical work as well. Not sure about Finishing Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Honest question. If he "cut the line" who did he ride up with? I have no idea who the Paddy O guys is but he makes shit sound black and white when it's all a shade of gray.

He ended up riding alone which was the nail in the coffin for most people - that's when the heckling and snowballs really started. The line was complete chaos and I'm sure tons of people ended up cutting to some degree, but this dude was on a different level and it was pretty black and white in the moment. I just thought the whole thing was entertaining. Helped pass time in that ridiculous line

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - wasn't aware of any of those options and they all seem to be way better than the ones I was looking at. Now we can go back to talking about skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    In Aspen the 2hr residential zones are not being enforced right now due to Covid. So you can park in those zones all day for free at the moment. You can also park in the core and pay the meter, 4hr maximum.

Snowmass, you have to take the shuttle if you want to park for free. If you are willing to pay then you have options (Two Creeks, Parking Garage). Several of the permitted lots up by the mall are free after 12:30pm.

Highlands... can't speak to that, I've steered clear during Covid weekends but I heard it has been bad lately. Maybe save that one for a weekday.
    Thanks guys. At Ajax today getting a late start. Will look for resi zone parking or feed a meter. Yellow pants, blue jacket and lid, on red and black mordecas with orange pivots. Holler for change for a nickel if ya see me.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    A sweet, sweet public call-out from PaddyO - https://www.skimag.com/culture/why-s...es-powder-day/

I have since seen the man in the Turquoise jacket around. Black BMW with cali plates - fits the bill.
    I would probably get a new jacket if I was him. We need his ex-girlfriend to turn him in a la a participant in the riot at the capital.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

It was fairly black and white to those of us down the hill who could see the sub-group from the back of the line, led by Mr Turquoise jacket, side slip down to cut hundreds of people off.

As he and the 10-15 people following him forced their way into the front of the line to get in the queue, a dozen or so people in front of us quickly shuffled up and cut them off, sliding over skis etc. But then he kept following them and ended up behind us as we turned into the queue. I looked over my shoulder as the chair swung around and was surprised to see him rolling solo for the next chair. Ballsy. As Wes said - thats when the universal booing grew.

Paddy’s narrative is purposely a bit hyperbolic in tone and humor. The turquoise dude’s decision to defy obvious norms is unacceptable. It’s also a double fail, as Aspen has a very chill, generous ski community and rarely has lines to warrant any cheating/doucherry.
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 02-26-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Nice soft turns today for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fasho, nice morning on Ajax. N facing stuff like Henry's and SQ was skiing great with no crust underneath.

Low angle north facing, basically all of Snowmass, was great. Probably do it again tomorrow. Going to be cold!

Holy shit... if you’re reading this and skiing Snowmass today, go to HV immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Holy shit... if you’re reading this and skiing Snowmass today, go to HV immediately.

On way. Was fantastic at close yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    On way. Was fantastic at close yesterday.
    Edit: thicker but still excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Edit: thicker but still excellent today.
    Conditions have been great!

Sorry to anyone hiking the bowl yesterday that got hung up by the kids hiking, but my 8 year old got up to the top yesterday. Super proud dad moment. Wish I could have hiked with her.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Sorry to anyone hiking the bowl yesterday that got hung up by the kids hiking, but my 8 year old got up to the top yesterday. Super proud dad moment. Wish I could have hiked with her.
    Congrats GR....sorry you couldn’t go with, but still a great memory!

Out of curiosity...when they do this first trip with the club...what route do they take down?

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Congrats GR....sorry you couldn’t go with, but still a great memory!

Out of curiosity...when they do this first trip with the club...what route do they take down?

Depends on the group. My kid skied G8.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

No resort turns in 10 days, yikes...

But we did take our 18mo old boys on their first winter hut trip to Markley this weekend. One 80lbs Chariot, one 80lbs gear sled and a willing friend to join us made it happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614789369.240336.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	365676

Super fun and we even got some soft turns off Little Italian during nap time

Name:	Image1614789383.549611.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	438.5 KB 
ID:	365677

Name:	Image1614789498.692216.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	432.2 KB 
ID:	365680

Congrats. That’s quite the effort! I’m tired just reading about it (father of 3 and 5 year old girls here).

Aggressive in my own mind

excellent work on the hut trip. I've been told we'll be ready to bring our kids next year.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    excellent work on the hut trip. I've been told we'll be ready to bring our kids next year.
    GR, how ya feeling?

I know ACL's a month or two in are the hardest. it gets better. Lots of two wheeled adventure this summer!