Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Nice job Alpine...we are pretty damn lucky to have that terrain available.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Should be good at Aspen today. Snowing pretty hard all morning

9:30 edit: 6" and just broke blue

Last edited by alpinevibes; 02-18-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Soft, fresh, cold, sunny... and Ajax is open wall to wall. February hath delivered.

Good to hear.
    Today looked the most winter of the year after the clouds lifted.

Hope it keeps going.

Anyone local have a 52-54 cm gravel road bike they want to get rid of.. Should be cleared in 5 or so more weeks to start riding.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I’ll sell you my Rocky Mountain Growler Powerplay. Perfect bike to rehab on.
    It’s a large, but they run small and we’re about the same size.

I’ll also be feeding the lifties and assorted unsavory ski bums, white bean chili, at noon tomorrow. Shadow Mountain deck, right across from 1A. Stop by for a cup and maybe we can take a run!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    bwahaha.

Pandora's becoming a hot topic again:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/let-...ras-expansion/

Personally...I am for it. I guess Walsh's will get skied more without the short walk out...and I understand the people being against it that like to skin and ski it....but I think it would bring some more good runs to Ajax and spread people out a bit more.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

What is crazy is the number of locations, etc they shot in. Like, I'm definite on the Snowmass and pretty sure I see Buttermilk to.

Question is do I forward this to OST and see if they pulled a filming permit for the shots on Moore Open Space?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    What is crazy is the number of locations, etc they shot in. Like, I'm definite on the Snowmass and pretty sure I see Buttermilk to.

Question is do I forward this to OST and see if they pulled a filming permit for the shots on Moore Open Space?
    Absolutely forward - it’s a down tax rev year!

But seriously - wtf did I just watch??

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Pandora's becoming a hot topic again:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/let-...ras-expansion/

Personally...I am for it. I guess Walsh's will get skied more without the short walk out...and I understand the people being against it that like to skin and ski it....but I think it would bring some more good runs to Ajax and spread people out a bit more.

I'm adamantly in support of the expansion. Some higher elevation tree skiing would be a nice addition to what Ajax brings to the table.

But more importantly, that was a stellar ski day! Glad I was able to get out for a few hours this afternoon. There was still a lot of untracked laying around late in the day, although I did my damnedest to change that.
    Last edited by glademaster; 02-18-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Absolutely forward - it’s a down tax rev year!

But seriously - wtf did I just watch??
    There’s a big RAP contingent in town, filming right now. There was a car hauler out at the airport unloading a bunch of exotic cars Monday.

I’m not necessarily opposed to Pandora expansion.
    But I am concerned with the dilution of Rural/Remote and the monetization of the backside. Skico wants to move the road and to restrict access, for the high end cabins, they want to build.
    I keep my sleds at the marina now and I know those days are numbered.

RAP Films, the ski movie guys from ~30 years ago? Of "Carving the White" notoriety?

The land in this area has been getting gang raped by the greedheads since the time you were in diapers, and you're old enough to be my dad.

I would rather see a lift and some SkiCo developed cabins back there than a bunch of private property signs from someone with more money than God buying a parcel and building up there.

The "marina" situation at Ajax is unique(and awesome, as an editorial) but I know when I don't know enough about something to discuss the merits/impacts of it.

A lot of people were skiing back there already but this will open it up to the masses..... always needed good wax and base structure to get back to the slow quad.

QUOTE=Shredhead;6239902]There’s a big RAP contingent in town, filming right now. There was a car hauler out at the airport unloading a bunch of exotic cars Monday.

But I am concerned with the dilution of Rural/Remote and the monetization of the backside. Skico wants to move the road and to restrict access, for the high end cabins, they want to build.
    I keep my sleds at the marina now and I know those days are numbered.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the proposed change in designation though purely for ski operations and not other development?

There’s a big RAP contingent in town, filming right now. There was a car hauler out at the airport unloading a bunch of exotic cars Monday.

I keep my sleds at the marina now and I know those days are numbered.
    I'm not as worried about that part. I think/hope they'll be able to thread that needle.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Yeah I haven't heard anything about those cabins...

I am 100% for the lift and terrain expansion and I've spent a ton of time skiing back there. Not worried about "losing my powder stash" because a chair serving up ~1,500 vert in there will be like having a DT on Ajax which sounds pretty rad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post

I am 100% for the lift and terrain expansion and I've spent a ton of time skiing back there. Not worried about "losing my powder stash" because a chair serving up ~1,500 vert in there will be like having a DT on Ajax which sounds pretty rad to me.
    DT light, not as steep.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post

SkiCo has been trying for huts/cabins for overnight use on the backside for a long time, the original idea was to use in conjunction with powder tours for Cat-ski hut trips IIRC. But I'm pretty sure there are still enough cranky curmudgeons back there to keep Rural & Remote relevant and prevent a flood of mcmansions or private cat-ski huts.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    SkiCo has been trying for huts/cabins for overnight use on the backside for a long time, the original idea was to use in conjunction with powder tours for Cat-ski hut trips IIRC. But I'm pretty sure there are still enough cranky curmudgeons back there to keep Rural & Remote relevant and prevent a flood of mcmansions or private cat-ski huts.
    The latter already exists on old mining claims.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    DT light, not as steep.
    Sounds wonderful to me.

Boom. 120!

Name:  Image1613833663.372348.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  276.3 KB

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I met John Seipel ~8 years ago through his step-daughter and some Fall work weekends at the Polar Star Inn. A true character, but also a legend for his help and influence on the CO huts. This should be a good watch when released:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXBhz...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 02-20-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Hope you all are getting after it today. Wife is doing a clinic so I got the kiddos. Currently she is sitting in traffic to the Highlands lot. Hopefully she gets a spot.

Yesterday was as crowded as I have seen it all season. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse.

Will be @ Highlands tomorrow. Likely Ajax Tuesday, Sunlight Wednesday.

Fluorescent yellow jacket and maybe matching skis.
    Ask for change!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Hope you all are getting after it today. Wife is doing a clinic so I got the kiddos. Currently she is sitting in traffic to the Highlands lot. Hopefully she gets a spot.

Yesterday was as crowded as I have seen it all season. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse.

The wife was supposed to be in the clinic and didn’t rally early enough. I knew parking would be an issue.

Aspens been good. They’re running Bell and all the gated terrain was open from the get go.