Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Nice. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

What is bootpacking? DO they so that on the right coast?

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I made the mistake of looking at the snow cams at 3:30am and now I’ll never get back to sleep!

Be careful out there.

[URL] https://www.aspensnowmass.com/aspen-snowmass-app/snow-stake-cam[URL]

Nice little surprise overnight! I think we only had like 2 when I went to bed! Too bad I have so much to do. Oh well. Great for our snow pack and hopefully a couple more on Friday.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Just awesome. Wish I could go chase rope drops today instead of working but stoked to have the base.

Pack it down for me today, team.

First tracks down Bell were a delicious 2nd breakfast!

This morning at Ajax was unreal. Snow quality was all-time and certain aspects skied truly waist deep.

The Face:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9238.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	352988

A beautiful hour of skiing

Looks terrible, glad I was in the office with my zoom calls and excel spreadsheets

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Looks terrible, glad I was in the office with my zoom calls and excel spreadsheets
    Don't feel too bad, I was stuck working from home with my 9yo because her whole class is in quarantine through the start of Xmas break. Lets hope this winter delivers, a big snow year would make this all a lot more pleasant.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    This morning at Ajax was unreal. Snow quality was all-time and certain aspects skied truly waist deep.

The Face:

jeesus
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just in case you've been living in a hole, you need to follow @microwavesofaspen on Instagram (at least for a little while until it gets old). What's with shiny skiwear this year?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Just in case you've been living in a hole, you need to follow @microwavesofaspen on Instagram (at least for a little while until it gets old). What's with shiny skiwear this year?
    I don’t do the gram. Is this the Russian hookers?
    They’re circling me like buzzards.
    Old rich guy with a cough.

What’s the deal with Aspen’s own Forest Gump?
    The chick that walks on 82 all the time. Bitch is fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

What’s the deal with Aspen’s own Forest Gump?
    The chick that walks on 82 all the time. Bitch is fit!
    She's got mental health issues and running seems to function as therapy. So the Sheriffs department tries to keep an eye on her and as long as she stays off the road they let her do her thing. But that is all second hand from a friend that's a sheriffs deputy.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

The Face:

Explain to me how you can tear yourself away from that after only an hour. I would be shirking some type of responsibility for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Explain to me how you can tear yourself away from that after only an hour. I would be shirking some type of responsibility for sure.
    Heh. Mandatory meeting at 10:30 burst the bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    She's got mental health issues and running seems to function as therapy. So the Sheriffs department tries to keep an eye on her and as long as she stays off the road they let her do her thing. But that is all second hand from a friend that's a sheriffs deputy.
    Works for me!

Wife calls me the hamster.

Today was unreal - got 2nd Gondy with Hamilton boys and we slayed it over and over and over again! Fuck Yeah!!! Holy cow Aspen is rarely THAT deep!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    this is one of the great topics for our kids and us as we traverse the valley - there are some differing reports on the true backstory - I could share if we want to discuss them...
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

I just started following. Love it. Also wondering about ski wear.

Yes today was all time.

I was coming down the shoulder and Jorden Curat caught this pix.
    New coat, what do you think?

Name:	CEE3632C-C503-42A5-BA7E-B61C9FA67754.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	353102

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Yes today was all time.

Yes, my guy, YES

Boot packing update from highlandspatrol.com:

Posted on December 15, 2020

Greetings Bootpackers

Little by little the snow has finally been arriving. We are still well below normal snowfall for this date but at least we have enough snow to get started. However, the other main obstacle this year is the restrictions imposed by Covid-19. The number of cases in the valley and the surrounding region remain at a high level. The more interactions each of us has, the greater the risk of being exposed to the virus.

On one hand, we want as many packers as we can get to help pack all of the starting zones quickly. On the other hand, we want to keep our work group as small as possible to limit the number of social interactions. We have experience dealing with the risks involved with disrupting the layers in the snow. We do not have experience mitigating the risks associated Covid-19.

Due to the uncertainties of managing the spread of the virus, we have decided to limit the number of bootpackers, well below the number we have had in recent years. We have invited a small group of bootpackers to help us pack in Highland Bowl. Bootpackers that had volunteered the most number of days last season were given the first chance to return this season. We have filled most of the available bootpacking positions from this group.

As we move forward, it may be possible that we will need more help bootpacking . It will depend on how much snow we receive, and the timing of that snowfall. For the time being, we plan to bootpack with the small group of volunteers that have been notified.

We appreciate everyone’s interest in our bootpacking program. We regret not being able to accommodate everyone this season. Before the pandemic we had hoped to expand the number of bootpackers this season. We hope in future seasons we will be able to offer bootpacking to everyone who wants to participate.

Most responsible by ONE group.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Yes today was all time.

Did you reply on the 'gram?

edit, never mind.. I see it now.
    Last edited by grskier; 12-16-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.