Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1301
    More like years.
    Don’t get too worried about specs. Look around and see what you can get, that fits.
    I bet Revel has bikes and I wouldn’t hesitate to ride a Rail, that’s on 27.5’s.

We really need the moisture that’s coming. Some of the trails at Snowmass got hammered from the Enduro.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Thanks Mags. With the current supply situation around the world…is the bike community basically in the same situation? Order something now (if buying new) and get it in 6 months?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The Pinkbike Buy and Sell is your friend. You can find almost anything there.

Thanks Mags. With the current supply situation around the world…is the bike community basically in the same situation? Order something now (if buying new) and get it in 6 months?

Bikes have been affected massively, by both supply and mishap issues, as well as a surge in demand from new/returning buyers.

My sense (at more of a national level) is that shops have seen a steadier supply of bikes and parts as the summer has progressed. Unfortunately a lot of the bikes are fulfillment’s for 6-12+ mo old orders.

That’s said, I’d call Basalt, Aloha, Hub and try to see what they’re looking at. People back out in orders regularly and inventory shows up out of the blue from time to time.

What’s your budget?

Thanks for the info everyone. Because of my lack of experience, I am kind of just polling the collective and then have a friend at one of the local shops that is of similar build as me, has a kid my sons age as well, and can guide me through the process/buy from him.

I have to start somewhere, so thinking of just ordering something new now that I can hopefully get by spring, that will hold its value relatively well (if I change course in a year or two) and get started.

EDIT: Alpine, just saw your post after mine. Buddy works at Basalt. I know everyone is saying 29'er, but I am thinking SB140. I just think with kids for the next 10 years and being a new/slower rider, it will be more fun for me. Preferred budget would be like $3500, but guessing I will end up somewhere in the $5K to $7K range after taxes.

For reference...I am 5'11" and 195lbs..although, I am hoping to get down to 185lbs with some more exercise. I kind of hate working out at home/gym, so hoping some bike riding will be a healthier summer alternative to all the hours on the river.

It seems stupid to buy a cheaper new bike (end up just selling in a couple seasons and taking a big hit) and a risk to buy used carbon (lack of warranty). If the difference is $1K to $2K that you are risking throwing away anyhow....why not spend it upfront...right?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

You can ride a bike year round here. I’d get one sooner than later. Not having one now, would just blow me away.

Yes, get the best bike you can afford. But if you can’t afford a CF 6” bike, get a AL HT 29’r or whatever you can afford.

But get out on the trail. Even if it’s just the Rio Grand with your kids.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I have a beach cruiser

I did stop at the Basalt shop in Aspen because I walked by after lunch. Seems like availability is going to be difficult.

It’s funny how most of these bikes are in within $500 of each other when you have similar level components. How does one decide?

Maybe a mullet like the Stumpjumper evo or Bronson? Is that just a fad or the next hot thing?

Anyhow…yes, there is definitely riding year around, but is there time? Would rather have a great ski day then an ok day on a bike…I think.

Last edited by gretch6364; 08-31-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I just made the time. When my kids were little, every hour they were awake, was theirs. So before they got up, was mine.
    I found out, it really is the best time of the day!

Get out on the cruiser and start pedaling!

I have a beach cruiser

I did stop at the Basalt shop in Aspen because I walked by after lunch. Seems like availability is going to be difficult.

It’s funny how most of these bikes are in within $500 of each other when you have similar level components. How does one decide?

Maybe a mullet like the Stumpjumper evo or Bronson? Is that just a fad or the next hot thing?

Anyhow…yes, there is definitely riding year around, but is there time? Would rather have a great ski day then an ok day on a bike…I think.

Again, visit pinkbike buy/sell

Go talk to anyone at Hub, Basalt, etc and see what you can swing a leg over.

Looks like some companies are starting to get a little stock again. As far as making up your mind, swing your leg over whatever you can to test pedal, but at this point geometries are very similar across most major brands.

Poke around in sprocket rockets for a few minutes and get to know a little jargon.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Again, visit pinkbike buy/sell

Go talk to anyone at Hub, Basalt, etc and see what you can swing a leg over.

Looks like some companies are starting to get a little stock again. As far as making up your mind, swing your leg over whatever you can to test pedal, but at this point geometries are very similar across most major brands.

Poke around in sprocket rockets for a few minutes and get to know a little jargon.
    Visited Basalt again for a consult and am about to pull the trigger on a SC Hightower. The reality is, I am not going to be able to tell the difference between these bikes for a season or two. They are all good bikes it seems, just need to get on something that the experts say is right for me and our terrain and start riding. Look for the newb on the bright orange bike and say hi!

GR, get that knee all healed up...we are putting together a crew with the boys! Prince Creek shuttle to start?

Visited Basalt again for a consult and am about to pull the trigger on a SC Hightower. The reality is, I am not going to be able to tell the difference between these bikes for a season or two. They are all good bikes it seems, just need to get on something that the experts say is right for me and our terrain and start riding. Look for the newb on the bright orange bike and say hi!

GR, get that knee all healed up...we are putting together a crew with the boys! Prince Creek shuttle to start?
    I loved my SC HT, great bike for around here. If they had them in stock when I warrantied it I'd still be on one.

Bodhi loves riding up on Prince Creek and has been asking to go. We'll need to hit it up next weekend.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I loved my SC HT, great bike for around here. If they had them in stock when I warrantied it I'd still be on one.

Bodhi loves riding up on Prince Creek and has been asking to go. We'll need to hit it up next weekend.
    Awesome...that is a good endorsement. Seems like the new version has been well received with not much in the way of negatives. I probably should of take more time, demo'd more bikes, etc. but with half empty racks at the shops and uncertainty going into the next 12 months... decided to just take the leap and have something to ride. I will probably try to grab it and have it setup Friday.

You done good. Bike > No Bike, and we are heading into fall riding season which frickin owns

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1630536308.198740.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	384247

Hopefully I don’t hit any leaf peepers

Name:	Image1630536308.198740.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	384247

Hopefully I don’t hit any leaf peepers

Jeezus - that's a LOT of bike for a n00B. Good on ya. You're about to have a LOT of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Jeezus - that's a LOT of bike for a n00B. Good on ya. You're about to have a LOT of fun.
    Haha…starting new things in your 40s does have benefits. That big 4-0 coming in October has me feeling mortal. Call it my midlife crisis toy instead of a vette!

Haha…starting new things in your 40s does have benefits. That big 4-0 coming in October has me feeling mortal. Call it my midlife crisis toy instead of a vette!
    WAY better midlife crisis choice.

I turned 50 back in March and am still waiting for the midlife crisis...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    WAY better midlife crisis choice.

I turned 50 back in March and am still waiting for the midlife crisis...
    Celebrating the birthday with four days in Moab….guessing this will come along.

Celebrating the birthday with four days in Moab….guessing this will come along.

Jeezus, dude... don't wreck yo' self.

Brap brap!

Congrats, that will slay!

That’s a great bike!

Trails should be in great shape, get out and enjoy.

Trails are in great shape!

Name:	IMG_0785.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	384380

Nice lineup JAS.

https://jazzaspensnowmass.org/labor-day-experience/

See some of you, at the shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Trails are in great shape!
    Got the afternoon off so I'm headed there now. Pumped for some damp dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Ohhhhh wee the trails are good right now

Nice weekend, with lots of good music.

Name:	IMG_0788.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	384688

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.37 MB