Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thank God for GU, Ice. They helped stop the worst, and most incomprehensible, 5 game skid to become a bubble team that I’ve ever seen out of X.

I just hope that was enough to right the ship heading into Madison Square.
    They've got a shot against Butler, but then GL with Providence. Who knows if a Butler win gets them to the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    They've got a shot against Butler, but then GL with Providence. Who knows if a Butler win gets them to the big dance.
    I hear ya. They took Providence to triple OT in their own building a little over a week ago, so hopefully that bouys their spirits that they can hang. Either way, gotta take care of business against their rival Butler first.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hope the Zags game tonight against SMU is better than their last.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I hear ya. They took Providence to triple OT in their own building a little over a week ago, so hopefully that bouys their spirits that they can hang. Either way, gotta take care of business against their rival Butler first.
    Dude

UVa wins despite themselves

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    UVa wins despite themselves
    Hey now. Scored 51. That’s a pretty solid effort for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Dude
    “A total team meltdown” is how it was described by Coach Steele after the OT loss.

Up by 6 with 45 seconds to go and they blew it in spectacular fashion. What a goat rodeo.

“A total team meltdown” is how it was described by Coach Steele after the OT loss.

Up by 6 with 45 seconds to go and they blew it in spectacular fashion. What a goat rodeo.
    I can officially offer you a one-month membership into the cult of Wright if interested. We have fun, even without the suits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	408946

LOL, I’ll pass for now. Hoping for an old A-10 matchup of X vs UD in the First Four before I pledge my allegiance to another team for the tourney.

UVM clobbered UMBC to win the AE championship and go to the 64!!! I believe we get a 13 seed in the tournament. Go Catamounts!!!

the official college basketball thread

Looking forward to seeing whether VTech can shoot on Duke today

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Looking forward to seeing whether VTech can shoot on Duke today
    Wow, they did it!

Yeah that's pretty amazing, was out tonight but just saw the end of it.

Cats win the BE in a super ugly exhibition by both teams. Might have earned them a 2nd seed. Need to pull it together in a week.

Fuck. UVM has to play Arkansas. Of course that's what we get for being a 13 seed.

Go Hawkeyes!

the official college basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fuck. UVM has to play Arkansas. Of course that's what we get for being a 13 seed.
    Jay Bilas likes the matchup….but not sure the Cats can deal with all that athleticism. Having watched a lot of UVM games from afar..….the America East kinda sucks….so all the blowouts UVM had in their 17-1 conference record is a bit misleading.

I read Arkansas plays like the old Nolan Richardson’s 40 minutes of hell days…….which doesn’t sound to good for the UVM boys…yikes.

Who knows?…fun to watch. I’ll pick UVM having 2 kids there to support “the cause”…….

Filling out brackets tonight…

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Jay Bilas likes the matchup….but not sure the Cats can deal with all that athleticism. Having watched a lot of UVM games from afar..….the America East kinda sucks….so all the blowouts UVM had in their 17-1 conference record is a bit misleading.

I read Arkansas plays like the old Nolan Richardson’s 40 minutes of hell days…….which doesn’t sound to good for the UVM boys…yikes.

Who knows?…fun to watch. I’ll pick UVM having 2 kids there to support “the cause”…….

Filling out brackets tonight…
    Yes, UVMs AE win loss record is very misleading. And then there's the time they had a perfect in conference season, lost the AE final, and didn't go to the dance.

I'm a 2nd gen UVM alum. My wife is an alum. Thing#2 is there now. Thing#3 is a UVM fan because it's the best local team, he plays HS basketball, and he has gone to the John Becker basketball camps every year he was old enough, prior to COVID.

Therefore, GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

UVM clobbered UMBC to win the AE championship and go to the 64!!! I believe we get a 13 seed in the tournament. Go Catamounts!!!
    I can't get over whenever I see a UVM game on TV how much it looks like they are playing in a HS gym compared to all the big name schools. I love an underdog...hope they do VT proud.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I can't get over whenever I see a UVM game on TV how much it looks like they are playing in a HS gym compared to all the big name schools. I love an underdog...hope they do VT proud.
    HS gym isn't far from the truth. They play the HS season finals there. Plus a bunch of High Schools use it for various functions. I graduated from HS and College in that gym. I've also seen a bunch of good concerts there. I'm a total VT Homer. They are building a new gym BTW.

I'm a 2nd gen UVM alum. My wife is an alum. Thing#2 is there now. Thing#3 is a UVM fan because it's the best local team, he plays HS basketball, and he has gone to the John Becker basketball camps every year he was old enough, prior to COVID.

Therefore, GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
    Definitely….Go Cats!

HS gym isn't far from the truth. They play the HS season finals there. Plus a bunch of High Schools use it for various functions. I graduated from HS and College in that gym. I've also seen a bunch of good concerts there. I'm a total VT Homer. They are building a new gym BTW.
    To be honest…many HS gyms and facilities are nicer than UVM’s…..

They need an upgrade bad…the Tarrant Center is coming, but Covid put a huge delay in its construction/progress.

Big money at that school….but athletic facilities are at the bottom of the list. The athletes and teams do pretty well despite the “old school” look.

Great kids at UVM….it’s a special place.

Another season, another national title ? Or two ?

It's that time of the year. College hoops is under way and the cream is starting to
    rise to the top.
    Fresh off of early season tournaments.
    New AP polls have UCONN men at #8 and women at #3.
    Coaches poll show UCONN men at #6 and the women at #3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Uuspd1MM4

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/2...-sanogo-newton

UCONN is the ONLY D1 school to ever achieve national championships in both men's and women's basketball
    in the same year.
    And they have done it twice !!
    Could this season be #3 ? Only time will tell.
    The journey has begun. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Ski220; 11-30-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: can't get video embedder to work

Absolutely brutal out of conference schedule for my Musketeers so far. In the last two weeks they’ve played Indiana, Florida, Dook and Gonzaga.

At least they played them all decently and will be ready for a tough Big East run.

UVM is not having the best year. Lots of talent, including a future NBA player, passed through in the last 10 years. So an ebb is not unexpected. Conference play hasn't started.