Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I see it was just announced that the entire NCAA tournament will be held in Indiana. The Final Four will be in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. Does it seem strange to anyone else that they need a 70,000 seat stadium for basketball games where there likely will be no spectators?

the official college basketball thread

Just chiming in to say that every time I see this thread in the app the photo is the Defending National Champion Virginia Cavaliers.

Wahoo damn wa. Outstanding.

Well, holy crap, just read somewhere Texas is ranked #4. What is this, bizzarro world? I might have to watch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I see it was just announced that the entire NCAA tournament will be held in Indiana. The Final Four will be in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. Does it seem strange to anyone else that they need a 70,000 seat stadium for basketball games where there likely will be no spectators?
    Agreed. It would be so much better if they played it in some small old-school arena with a lot of history, like the Palestra in Philly or McDonough at Georgetown or Hinkle at Butler or similar.

the official college basketball thread

I figured they’d have it in Texas or somewhere in the South....seems like everyone is immune and living it up down there.....despite the rest of us being locked in our homes for the past 10 months...
    Last edited by BC.; 01-05-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Agreed. It would be so much better if they played it in some small old-school arena with a lot of history, like the Palestra in Philly or McDonough at Georgetown or Hinkle at Butler or similar.
    The NCAA has gotten a lot of (justifiable) bad press lately for being greedy assholes and having the Final Four in a building like Hinkle would be a good publicity stunt to act like college athletics aren't the massive, billions of dollars boondoggle they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, holy crap, just read somewhere Texas is ranked #4. What is this, bizzarro world? I might have to watch a game.
    Finally caught a Texas game, the one against West Virginia. I figured this was going to be the turning point, the big letdown. They were down most of the game, by as much as 9 points. Then, holy shit, with 1second left they win it!

Still not convinced they deserve #4 ranking, but I’m enjoying this while it lasts. Will have to see what happens when they play Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Finally caught a Texas game, the one against West Virginia. I figured this was going to be the turning point, the big letdown. They were down most of the game, by as much as 9 points. Then, holy shit, with 1second left they win it!

Still not convinced they deserve #4 ranking, but I’m enjoying this while it lasts. Will have to see what happens when they play Baylor.
    Ikr, I still can't believe they had a major comeback against WV, they totally deserved the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SkierPanier View Post
    Ikr, I still can't believe they had a major comeback against WV, they totally deserved the spot.
    If they can keep playing at this level they do. I love this final play:

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    BTW, Fuck off again Wisconsin and your seemingly unbeatable field of 5 to 8 white stiffs that can occasionally shoot. Fuck right off. You too Iceman, in advance of course.

Just getting this in well in advance of any real damage to my team or any others.
    Was fun watching Michigan absolutely kick the shit out of Wisconsin tonight. Juwan has put together a deep team with all kinds of options.

U of M will always hold a top spot in my fandom right after the undergrad alma mater, so I’m really stoked to see what Juwan is doing. (It also makes me feel old as shit knowing I watched him play in person at Crisler as a kid.)

Regarding my original post; in my defense, I was likely drunk when I wrote it and still mad at UW ruining a couple of X’s title runs. Sorry Ice.
    I still call it The Jake.

That was a pretty good Texas Tech v Texas game. That three to put TT ahead was money.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    That was a pretty good Texas Tech v Texas game. That three to put TT ahead was money.
    Ooof, that was like the West Virginia game in reverse! Oh, well, I enjoyed the first third of the game immensely. But I guess, the horns is the horns, after all.

Michigan continues to straight up dominate. Ohio State, Iowa, Indiana, all never stood a chance. That Iowa game was fun to watch as Dickinson kept Garza from getting any kind of game going.

Illinois on Tuesday and then a home and home against MSU. I’m predicting a win against Illinois and then one loss v MSU.

Baylor getting smoked by KU will cool the talk of there being a top tier consisting them and Gonzaga. Michigan is a legit finals team.

Sick of Gonzaga, they’re going to need to play in a real conference someday...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Tourney will sort that out, but they're legit.

My cats need to build some momentum in the Big East tourney heading into March. But I like their chances if they can just show up every game.
    Last edited by huckbucket; 02-28-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Rock Chalk

Baylor is a farce, they missed the majority of the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Thank you.
    I was just saying this at dinner the other night they’re boring to watch.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

garrison brooks out early on an uncalled foul by hurt. carolina looking somewhat competent early and dook looking more dysfunctional than usual.
    swing your fucking sword.

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa! Texas wins BIG12 for the first time ever! Of course, it helps to have an extra day rest on your opponent, but still, the team looks to be hitting stride right at the best time.

how about ga tech? i guess it makes sense though considering the season they have had. wright is some player; alvarado, too.

it'd be cool to see the beavs get a w tonight. no dog in the fight but i can get behind a team .500 in conference play in a championship.
    Last edited by stealurface831; 03-13-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Go Beavs! Does Walton broadcast drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Does Walton broadcast drunk?
    on acid

and tonight was a tame night for him

Walton is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Walton is awesome.
    I agree. It cracks me up when his partners try to reel him back from the tangents he wanders off to. I know some people can't stand him. I definitely have the suspicion he enhances his reality before going on the air.