"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    havent had that issue with my newish Bvox battery hatch,
    however, i disagree with the OP:
    i think the hatch is poorly designed
    and needs a secure locking mechanism
    YMMV
    I read someone that pointed out that potential issue in relation to the BD struggles. My solution was a piece of Gorilla tape. Easy enough to redo when it comes time for new batteries. It's probably over thinking things but I carry my beacon in my pants pocket so maybe that door popping open would be more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    .... a piece of Gorilla tape....
    right back where i started with my DSP sport

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4141.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	402872
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I read someone that pointed out that potential issue in relation to the BD struggles. My solution was a piece of Gorilla tape. Easy enough to redo when it comes time for new batteries. It's probably over thinking things but I carry my beacon in my pants pocket so maybe that door popping open would be more likely?
    I just checked out a video on the Mammut YouTube channel and I noticed one of the skiers in it had a sticker holding the door shut. I might just do that or Gorilla tape.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Anybody had an issue with this beacon where it WONT shut off?

Got one like a month ago and everything seemed fine while playing with it, picked it up today and turned it on and now it won't turn off unless you remove a battery. Switch isn't stuck or anything, after putting the battery back it stays off until switched on again.

Hasn't even been outside yet.
    Not that issue specifically but I just bought one and discovered that it can be switched off from the Send position by wiggling the switch slightly. In contact w/ customer service now.
    Anyone ever see that? Seems like their switch/power-mechanism isn't as bombproof as one would hope (even in comparison to Pieps and Tracker, give their switch issues).

Quote Originally Posted by msena View Post
    Not that issue specifically but I just bought one and discovered that it can be switched off from the Send position by wiggling the switch slightly. In contact w/ customer service now.
    Anyone ever see that? Seems like their switch/power-mechanism isn't as bombproof as one would hope (even in comparison to Pieps and Tracker, give their switch issues).
    Not seeing that with mine (purchased about a month ago). I have to firmly depress the lock button in order to get it out of Send mode.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    Not seeing that with mine (purchased about a month ago). I have to firmly depress the lock button in order to get it out of Send mode.
    Likewise. The switch on mine is extremely secure.

Quote Originally Posted by msena View Post
    Just tried this on my replacement unit and it is secure, I bet the lock mechanism on yours has broken somehow

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen this with mine or any of my friends’.

Reach out to Mammut.

remember - all transceivers could have problems - no one manufacturer is immune to them
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.