Boot Fitter - Insoles - Salt Lake area

Looking for a good boot fitter to mainly make insoles for my 2021 Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD 120's, could also use a heat mold on my mimic liners but thinking I can do this on my own. I stopped by the Lifthouse who could do Sidas Custom Winter Pro Mesh for $190, SportsDen wanted $250 to make Dynamic Foot Positioning Podium P1 insoles. Not sure what to do, would like to stay closer to $150 if possible. Thanks in advance for your suggestions on where to go.

The sport loft made my insoles for my hawx primes. They're a little more spendy but 100% worth it. From my understanding they're actually medical grade orthotics

Quote Originally Posted by PlzNoImAJerry View Post
    From my understanding they're actually medical grade orthotics
    What constitutes a "medical grade orthotic?" Officially you need to have an MD or a C-Ped degree to call what you make an orthotic, otherwise it's a footbed.

Personally I don't want a hard acrylic orthotic based on an unweighted casting of my foot for skiing (typical podiatrist solution), I want a full length platform with some flexibility under the arch. Sidas sells the same equipment and footbed materials to podiatrists/pedorthists and bootfitters; the difference is the "medical" stuff says "Podiatech" on it and costs more . . . If you can find a podiatrist who skis and understands the mechanics involved AND takes your insurance, you might be in luck.

Isn't there another thread that just discussed this shit in the last couple weeks. fucking search man.

Boot Fitter - Insoles - Salt Lake area

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Isn't there another thread that just discussed this shit in the last couple weeks. fucking search man.
    Best boot fitter in SLC.

I just use Aline in my alpine with a shell mold and some pics and grind work. Really it’s a matter of where you go and what you pay. I don’t like cork insoles and prefer to use basic ones with change out. Have superfeet in touring boots with intuition tour wrap and no mod work which is weird cause it’s the same shell. So point is what works for me is is what works for me.

Mandy at 2nd tracks
    Deleted
    Inkline

And read the other thread for more information

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by whyturn; 11-30-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

What brand did Sport Loft use for your insoles? What did they end up costing?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What is the link to the thread you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by SLCUTAH View Post
    What is the link to the thread you speak of?
    In the hours you spent looking for this thread, you could have gone to the store and bought some Superfeet . . .

I just had some zip fits done by Ted up at Snowbird. It was my first experience with him, but he seemed pretty knowledgeable. I used to fit boots 20 years ago, and a lot has changed but a lot hasn’t. He looked at my DFP footbeds and told me I didn’t need new ones, which was the right answer but not what I was expecting. He seemed to know a lot about footbeds and feet. Did a proper shell fit and out a couple of subtle punches on my shell that I think are going to work great. They’re not cheap, but seem to be in line with most other good shops. The liners feel really good fwiw. Only going to get better with age.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    He looked at my DFP footbeds and told me I didn’t need new ones, which was the right answer but not what I was expecting.
    Nice to get an honest answer. People are often amazed when I say that - "Do they still feel OK?" "Are they delaminating or molding?" "Are you upsizing?" If the answers are "yes" "no" and "no" I tell them to just keep using them . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    In the hours you spent looking for this thread, you could have gone to the store and bought some Superfeet . . .
    I am considering just using the Redhot superfeet for now...

Quote Originally Posted by SLCUTAH View Post
    I am considering just using the Redhot superfeet for now...
    If they fit your arch, it's a low cost solution. Superfeet Green (same shape, no foil under the forefoot) are $35.02 on Amazon right now . . .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    you aint gonna want to do that mimic liner on yur own
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I have 3 pair of custom made 3/4 length footbeds from a real podiatrist and a bunch of full length soles.com, as opposed to 300$ on my extended medical the Sole are only 40$-50 and work just as well, they got sales on their site, check it out

tell us about the mimic liner SFB ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    . . . tell us about the mimic liner SFB ?
    Not SFB, but . . . the Mimic liners are highly moldable on the outside as well as the inside. They can be heated normally on heat stacks, but if you put them in the over to get max molding on the outer surface they (Atomic) have a kit with toe caps, shoe horn, and special socks that go around the liner while it is in the oven (not when you put it in the shell). So a bit more involved than a conventional liner mold if you go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not SFB, but . . . the Mimic liners are highly moldable on the outside as well as the inside. They can be heated normally on heat stacks, but if you put them in the over to get max molding on the outer surface they (Atomic) have a kit with toe caps, shoe horn, and special socks that go around the liner while it is in the oven (not when you put it in the shell). So a bit more involved than a conventional liner mold if you go all in.
    IME, the socks are a bit of a hassle to get on and off the liners, especially after heating - I like using the elastic bands that come with Intuitions to keep the liner from flopping around, personally - and the shoe horn is too narrow (still too much friction at the sides of the heel) - I have been using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Ski-and-Snowb.../dp/B009WA7TRQ

After reading more about the mimic liner I agree it is something I don't want to do on my own, worried I won't even be able to find a good shop in the SLC valley area to do it right...

i bets if ya called the millcreek l9 and told mandy you were sheldons friend
    yad git a spot in 2021
    and they git done right
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

sheldons friend with a bunch of green paper with dead presidents printed on it
    might git a 2020 date or a cancelation
    but if ya aint noticed skiins cool again and most places are swamped at this point

I did end up just going with the Redhot superfeet for now, will see how they work this year.

Still have not heat molded my mimic liners. I bought my wife's new Atomic Hawk Prime 105's from the Sport Den, watched them fit her boots and make her insoles. They did okay work but was not fully impressed....

I got intuitions molded at lone pine gear x last week, they seem pretty legit and i think its not terrible to get an appt. They had the full custom Sidas system. I know PC ski boot and PC bootroom are good too but i think charge sportloft prices and prob have a long wait as well.

For Mandy you gotta use the SFB method, i tried calling and through email a few weeks ago for a liner mold before i went to lone pine and havent heard back so shes definitely swamped

Thanks for info about Lone Pine Gear Exchange, looks like I need to go check them out mainly for used ski gear.

Lone Pine Gear Exchange is the dude that started second tracks

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Lone Pine Gear Exchange is the dude that started second tracks
    Yup. They are legit though haven't had any boot work done there.