Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    You could start writing a novel while you work there, you'll have plenty of time in the shack, errrr, lift mcmansion. Here's a premise: At the, um, Yosemite Club, a billionaire skier with lots of enemies goes for late-day solo lap. Lift gets cut off while he's on it and he freezes to death. A terrible accident. Or is it? The only person who knows what happened is the Liftie, and he has disappeared without a trace...

...in a white Transit van with FL plates.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I just gotta say between this thread and the collegggggggge thread, SUF is 20/21 TGR MVP.

Thanks for sharing

Between classes and liftying, when are you gonna have time to actually ski? I’m tellin’ ya, go for the snow making. You’ll have your days free to ski, and the snow making season is real short which will leave you even more time for skiing once snowmaking is over.

yep.

Reminds me of the time I got canned and the “outplacement consultant” they paid for suggested I get a job as a doorman at a luxury high rise.

He actually thought those people would talk to me and get me my next job opportunity

YC club sounds a lot better. But still painful.

Do they even let you ski on breaks or ski down from the top? I’m assuming they make you ride the chair down after working the top shack.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Between classes and liftying, when are you gonna have time to actually ski? I’m tellin’ ya, go for the snow making. You’ll have your days free to ski, and the snow making season is real short which will leave you even more time for skiing once snowmaking is over.

yep.
    So the YC gig would only be saturdays and sundays. I have a midweek pass at Bridger and really no desire to ski there on the weekends. I’m still in the process of scheduling classes for next semester but I’m hoping to not have anything before noon three days a week and nothing after noon the other two. Should be able to get at least 2 hours on the hill a day and plenty of time to study in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I’m hoping to not have anything before noon three days a week and nothing after noon the other two. Should be able to get at least 2 hours on the hill a day and plenty of time to study in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You could start writing a novel while you work there, you'll have plenty of time in the shack, errrr, lift mcmansion. Here's a premise: At the, um, Yosemite Club, a billionaire skier with lots of enemies goes for late-day solo lap. Lift gets cut off while he's on it and he freezes to death. A terrible accident. Or is it? The only person who knows what happened is the Liftie, and he has disappeared without a trace...
    the liftie was in a smoke shack. he is about as good a witness as Kato Kaelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Lack of employees, even at YC I would expect, will mean less breaks. Serve lunch to the rich, make bank.
    This. I'd think if you can look presentable and get a serving, or even bussing job at an on hill dining establishment (assuming they have them?) that would = more money and the same ski "perks".

People pay a lot of money to be belong to the YC to avoid skiing with people like me. A couple of times I have been able to ski at the YC because of inoperative lifts at BS, I rode the chair with a YC lifty. Both had side gigs that they could do from the shack on a laptop. One sold used cars via the internet and the other did free lance paid in advance writing. Both thought the YC had good benefits, decent employee food and uniforms, but the work was lonely. One lifty told me he once went 5 weeks without seeing a guest, only patrol and lift ops.

The amount of untouched deep powder at YC is amazing. I would consider swinging chairs there just to taste the goods.

No lifty jobs at BS? If you get a job at BS in lift ops I will hook you up for breakfasts or lunches.

oh fer cryin out loud. place continues to slip.

"Can't you see..."

And rudy says stay fuck off the middle of the mountian.

"Can't you see..."

"Benefits include inclusion in the service charge pool (depending on department), participation in the ski pass program, a complimentary pass for public transportation between Big Sky/Bozeman upon hire, and the opportunity to participate in employee ski days at Yellowstone Club."
    I have skied YC quite a bit over the years. Guy I grew up with struck the mother lode on the Chicago futures market in the late 80’s and became an instant billionaire. He invites me over several times a year.

As a lifty at YC, you will get zero ski time. They absolutely do not want people like you or me on their slopes. Employee ski day is at the end of the season when it’s raining and slushy. Fuck that.

I know the guy you are interviewing with. Feel free to drop my name during the interview, he knows me real well. Tell him I still have his wife’s underwear that she left over at my place.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Jesus man, The idea of riding the bus through that canyon on the weekends, super early, to load a few butts and not ski much of anything sounds shitty to me.

I still think you should become the soberest bartender/barback in Boze, make pay plus tips and partake of all the Tang frequenting the clubs on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Jesus man, The idea of riding the bus through that canyon on the weekends, super early, to load a few butts and not ski much of anything sounds shitty to me.

I still think you should become the soberest bartender/barback in Boze, make pay plus tips and partake of all the Tang frequenting the clubs on the weekends.
    Listen to Djongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I know the guy you are interviewing with. Feel free to drop my name during the interview, he knows me real well. Tell him I still have his wife’s underwear that she left over at my place.
    ha, that'd be funny if it ends up being someone different

I don't know what sorts of music rich folk listen to but I do know it ain't Docta Octa.
    Let’s test that theory.

I have skied YC quite a bit over the years. Guy I grew up with struck the mother lode on the Chicago futures market in the late 80’s and became an instant billionaire. He invites me over several times a year.

As a lifty at YC, you will get zero ski time. They absolutely do not want people like you or me on their slopes. Employee ski day is at the end of the season when it’s raining and slushy. Fuck that.

This one too.

Could be your third banger thread of ‘21.

Go for it. Plus, what Djongo said.
    I still call it The Jake.

#1. Do not even joke about being a lifty at BS.

#2. No skiing on the clock at the Y/C. They will get you to your station w/o the need for skis.

#3. When I flew the cross there it was much smaller and quieter and one of the liftys made bank tying flies. He would tie a dozen dozen a day, the lifts had an alarm to let the lift op know when a loaded chair was 3 chairs out. Those times have changed. Its a lot like a real ski area these days.

#4. x2 on getting a job in F&B in Bozeman. You will be making decent $$$, get fed and meet a lot of folks, and not be commuting 2.5 hrs a day on top of your work day hours.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    #1. Do not even joke about being a lifty at BS.

#2. No skiing on the clock at the Y/C. They will get you to your station w/o the need for skis.

#3. When I flew the cross there it was much smaller and quieter and one of the liftys made bank tying flies. He would tie a dozen dozen a day, the lifts had an alarm to let the lift op know when a loaded chair was 3 chairs out. Those times have changed. Its a lot like a real ski area these days.

#4. x2 on getting a job in F&B in Bozeman. You will be making decent $$$, get fed and meet a lot of folks, and not be commuting 2.5 hrs a day on top of your work day hours.
    Yep, fuck that. Cancelling the interview now.

workin' as a liftie

Smrt.

Bartending, bartending, bartending. In a good place you are essentially hosting a killer party every night and getting paid for it.

Then, right before you turn into a vampire that never sees daylight, get out. But that takes 4-5 years. You’ll be good.

Edit: corrected unfortunate auto spellings.
    Last edited by EWG; 10-06-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Smrt.

Bartending, bartending, bartending. I’m a good place you are essentially hosting a killer party every night and getting bad for it.

Then, right before you turn into a vampire that never sees daylight, get out. But that takes 4-5 years. You’ll be good.
    This. Never got more ass in my life than as a bartender. Worked Th, Fri, Sat, two days to recover, lather, rinse, repeat.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

If you want to talk with a buddy of mine I can put you in touch. He has been at one of the more popular dining and drinking establishments in Bozo for 15 years. Voted best Bartender 2x.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Didn't bates1 hook you with a service gig?
    You bang that hostess? ,the one the head chef hits on the side, and get fired?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

When I first moved to big sky years ago, I applied for a job at the YC. I got the job, then they said when do u want to take tHe piss test. I had no idea, got a job building the course at Spanish peaks. The supervisor at YC came to tour the Spanish peak course one day and was laughing at me and my coworker (he actually took the piss test and failed) and calling us burnouts with our boss.
    Work nights and ski every day. Classes stacked on tuesdays and Thursday

I

]
    Sig worthy

Please post titty pics of said wife
    . . .