Going to miss tonight...

The night before Thanksgiving was always a great time..

when you're a kid, friends and family over ( or you there) no real bedtimes, great times

In college, going home from school, seeing friends, house-parties, then later the biggest night in the bars where you may see who knows who from your past life.

Living in resort towns, it was really the first night everyone was back. Areas opening, hotels & restaurants getting busy, but light busy. Noting serious, you could still go late.

In the city it was always a huge night out, not many work on Thanksgiving so..

Anyhow, like everything, this year will be different & I am going to miss it.

Agree 100%. Doing nothing tonight is going to be harder than doing nothing tomorrow.

I don't miss this specific night, it's been a LONG time since I went out to the bars on Wednesday night. But I do miss being in my parents place, with family, around this time. Makes me pretty sad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm going to get blasted and blow up my friends (via facetime) at 2am. It'll feel just the same if you are drunk enough.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I'm going to get blasted and blow up my friends (via facetime) at 2am. It'll feel just the same if you are drunk enough.
    It's important to have goals.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

You could instead use the time you would have spent arguing with family to start an argument here on the TGR. Fire up a few libations and get to posting.

Perhaps mention over in the ECRC that you don't think its necessary to quarantine on your VT ski vacation?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I totally get it when I was younger and back from college.

Though for us, it's much the same. A small, tight-knit family, so we'll eat lots, get smashed, and all cook together tomorrow. It'll be grand and de-slimming.

I can feel it.

In the air, tonight?

Hold on...
    Move upside and let the man go through...

My youngest is working Thursday so we will do Turkey day today once my oldest gets off work at 3pm. Like Bobcat said, we will all cook together, I will get smashed, the kids not really and we will enjoy each others company without my mom and stepdad here (bummer as I like to hang with Joe). It has been such an odd year and we have so much to be thankful for, but I am really ready for 2022 and hopefully a return to a normal world.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You could instead use the time you would have spent arguing with family to start an argument here on the TGR. Fire up a few libations and get to posting.

Perhaps mention over in the ECRC that you don't think its necessary to quarantine on your VT ski vacation?
    Am looking forward to skiing in VT and not quarantining.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    My youngest is working Thursday so we will do Turkey day today once my oldest gets off work at 3pm. Like Bobcat said, we will all cook together, I will get smashed, the kids not really and we will enjoy each others company without my mom and stepdad here (bummer as I like to hang with Joe). It has been such an odd year and we have so much to be thankful for, but I am really ready for 2022 and hopefully a return to a normal world.
    Wait, we're already writing off 2021 now too? WTF?!

Just gonna sleep right through 2021 L2S?

As for me, I'm good. The big pain-in-the-ass dinner for 20-30 (depending on the year) we hosted for the past 20 years isn't happening, that house is sold, we moved to where I've been trying to move for a long time, the kids are here, the dogs are here, it's the start of a new, better, tradition. I'm stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

As for me, I'm good. The big pain-in-the-ass dinner for 20-30 (depending on the year) we hosted for the past 20 years isn't happening, that house is sold, we moved to where I've been trying to move for a long time, the kids are here, the dogs are here, it's the start of a new, better, tradition. I'm stoked.
    right on...
    should be a good few years, until you and Mrs Ice become Grand parents and then you start arguing with the kids about which family they spend the holiday with...

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Am looking forward to skiing in VT and not quarantining.
    I'll join you when I get back from Miami.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    right on...
    should be a good few years, until you and Mrs Ice become Grand parents and then you start arguing with the kids about which family they spend the holiday with...
    Ha, yeah I'm sure that's coming eventually but for now it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Not sleep, but I don't have big expectations either. My 2 ski clubs are really wishy washy about scheduling trips for the upcoming season and it is likely a bad idea to share a condo with 5 other adults so I can ski, so I am thinking my season may never happen.
    Can't travel, no concerts, so I guess I will work, surf and hang out, but I am bored outta my mind as is Mrs. L2S. Maybe by summer 2021 stuff will get closer to normal, but I am hoping for sure by 2022 ski season.
    Anyways, wishing you all a great time over the next few days.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    It's important to have goals.....

Lol I read that as "Goats" first time through...

Lulz....Several years ago, we had a bunch of friends come over the night before T-Day.....Posole was eaten and much, much booze was consumed. The next morning, we got up early to prep the bird, hungover as fuck. I have the indelible vision of Mrs. Seano, bent over the sink with one hand up the turkey's ass and puking into the other side.....Good times, gonna miss it.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Living in resort towns, it was really the first night everyone was back. Areas opening, hotels & restaurants getting busy, but light busy. Noting serious, you could still go late.

Unless you were working on the hill the next day. Had some memorable Thanksgiving ski town orphan dinners over the years.

Best was the 1st. 83-84, living north of 80 in Sunrise Hills outside of Park City. Not much $$$, not a lot of snow on the ground, waiting to start my career as a Lift Op. Had about 10 folks over that we had met in training, complete strangers some of which became lifelong friends.

2 days later it started to snow and didn't stop for 55 days.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Best was the 1st. 83-84, living north of 80 in Sunrise Hills outside of Park City. Not much $$$, not a lot of snow on the ground, waiting to start my career as a Lift Op. Had about 10 folks over that we had met in training, complete strangers some of which became lifelong friends.

isn't this what it is all about? i hope to have some memories like that one day.
    swing your fucking sword.

Pffft full send

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Unless you were working on the hill the next day. Had some memorable Thanksgiving ski town orphan dinners over the years.

Been to Park City once. Snowed at least a foot or two every night we were there for 4 nights. It was fantastic to say the least.