Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    6s Mojave exb requires maintenance. Replaced a ton of small things on the jave. Had a blown wheel bearing, a sketchily repaired sunspension link, and tons of slop everywhere in the rear end. Shocks needed to be drained and refilled. Knocked it out and ready to rally. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210902_181806.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	384337Name:  VID_20210829_185945_exported_609.jpeg
Views: 433
Size:  82.1 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

The boy is really getting to be quite a good driver. He launches that thing, and more times than not, he sticks the landing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7727.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	384454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7697.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	384455

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Between my lack of skill and the boy's penchant for disaster, I'd be completely fucking broke if I had something that quick.

I think I've finally got the suspension on the cheap ass Gen 8 sorted. Other than being a little top heavy, it's a best on the rocks.

Also sorted the charging situation. I was getting tired of shoving the batteries in the lipo bags. These seem to be a bit easier to manage.

That seems like a good solution. Gonna have to look into that. I haven't melted a lipo yet, but power systems were warm after today, And the 6s battery is puffing. Due for new packs pretty soon, and the boy is chomping at the bit to graduate to 6s, and I think he is ready.
    Here he is piloting the Mojave on 6s...
    Nice drift action.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7787.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	384682

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Grocery store win.

Fall is still here.

^ Nice shots!

I started my kid with WWF and WCW wrestling action figures about 12 years ago. He traded with his friends over the years. After he went back to college this fall I took a look at what he ended up with and traded away. Still a pretty cool collection but I went and bought used replacements for the ones I liked that he traded and a few more I found looking for those. I've added about 10 more since I took this photo last month..

Name:	Wrestling Stuff.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	388731
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Fall is still here.

How fast do those rock crawlers top out at?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    How fast do those rock crawlers top out at?
    The Blazer is a Traxxas TRX-4 and has a two speed transmission.... low is a brisk walking pace, you'd have to be a decent runner to keep up with it in high.

The rest of mine are all one speed... a little faster than I can walk comfortably.

Seems like a good thread to ask this in:

I am getting my kiddo (and me) a Nintendo Switch for Xmas. I know nothing of modern video games, but what I have read made that sound like a good pick. But it looks like it comes with no games and buying games is expensive.

Question: what are the games I should buy to start us out on? Ones that are cheaper is cool, but ones we will play together and have fun on together is also cool.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I am getting my kiddo (and me) a Nintendo Switch for Xmas. I know nothing of modern video games, but what I have read made that sound like a good pick. But it looks like it comes with no games and buying games is expensive.

Question: what are the games I should buy to start us out on? Ones that are cheaper is cool, but ones we will play together and have fun on together is also cool.
    My kid's been a hard core gamer for the last 5 years. I'd say the switch has been the most popular thing aside from his gaming PC. He takes the switch with him traveling sometimes. Really digs it still Got it when they first came out. Get a game you like for starters and Amazon or game stop gift cards so they can get some that interest them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the best Switch game. No question there. It's single-player only, but is a must-buy in my opinion.

For multi-player, Mario Kart 8 is a classic. The new Mario Golf game looks good too (has traditional and speed golf modes) but I haven't had a chance to play it yet (it's on my birthday list, maybe the wife will get it for me).

Another fun multi-player game is Luigi's Mansion 3. Each player has different special abilities, so you have to work together to problem solve and get through the levels, and the animations and storyline is hilarious. The controls for this game make it very difficult to play with a single joy-con though (although I highly recommend getting a Pro controller - your kiddo is probably fine with a pair of JoyCons on the connector handle, but I imagine your adult hands would cramp up with the weird layout).

Depending on your kid's preferences, Animal Crossing or Minecraft could be good as well. No simultaneous multiplayer, but individual players share the same island in Animal Crossing.

Thanks!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Watch out for leaving the switch on the plane. My kids video game time took an abrupt nosedive.

Good warning. But we have had a tablet for years so we're on to that problem (knocks on wood furiously!).

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I started my kid with WWF and WCW wrestling action figures about 12 years ago. He traded with his friends over the years. After he went back to college this fall I took a look at what he ended up with and traded away. Still a pretty cool collection but I went and bought used replacements for the ones I liked that he traded and a few more I found looking for those. I've added about 10 more since I took this photo last month..

Name:	Wrestling Stuff.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	388731
    Nttawwt.

We drove to Torrey and spotted this spot off the side of the highway, and what a killer spot for running the rc trucks.
    Hill climbs, big jumps, cliff drops, kick ass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    sigless.

Larry Enticer would approve. Gonna be a good day.

Here's my cheap Chinese no name (Wltoys 144001). Tons of upgrades and fast as hell. Wheelies at will if that's any indicator. Basically just the chassis and some tie rods are stock. So much power on a beginner level rig means it's really hard to control at full speed. Still trying to find shocks that fit it and don't leak, and am constantly trying new tires but beyond that I think I'm at the limit of what this can handle. Also since upgrading to brushless the differentials don't last very long.

It's been a fun and frustrating couple of months. It was pretty fast out of the box but nearly every (2 or 3 batteries worth) session would end in damage. Also had some annoying random issues with the original stock radio.

Drooling over the bigger badder trucks on this page. Looks like they're pretty water proof - do you guys get them onto snow at all?

Name:	20211110_233943.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	392302

Name:	20211110_234051.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	392303

That looks like a fun little rig! We definitely run ours in the snow.

Here's a little video from this past winter...

https://youtu.be/vQvRZZDIW5w

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Awesome video man, and just shouted "Holy fuck" at the last shot at 1:30am in a very sleepy household lol. So tempting. Hobbies are going to bankrupt me lol. And the crawlers look awesome too. At first I didn't really get the appeal but after seeing a few videos it looks cool as hell.

The crawlers are fun, sort of like puzzle solving vs bashing through stuff and catching big air. Totally different animal and mindset. Both are fun. I need to fix our crawler.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

So you'll never believe it!

A light standard jumped out in front of this thing yesterday.

Broken A arm, bent wheel axle, broken shock mount, two bent shock towers, broken 4wd axle, missing ball joint thing, broken tire, bent steering linkage and broken back swing arm piece. Oh and the bumper was broken in four places. I thought last weeks crash that broke three parts was bad.

Yeah, maybe time for something more durable lol.

Name:	20211111_170021.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	392511