Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Just more rc car action.
    https://youtu.be/E8YhyY-EQtc

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I replaced the drive shaft. I'm digging this style of joints... we'll see how long it lasts.

The weekend was beautiful, but I'm itching to get up into the higher elevation trails. I need some more loam and rocks, this sand is boring.

The boy is getting pretty good at pointing a camera too...

Some of that belongs in the wrenching thread hehe. Those new joints look pretty beefy. Remind me what chassis you are running, And What power system?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Some of that belongs in the wrenching thread hehe. Those new joints look pretty beefy. Remind me what chassis you are running, And What power system?

sent from Utah.
    Wrenching is part of the fun... right?

Everything is brushed and running on 2S Lipo's, so it's pretty standard. The Cherokee is on a Redcat Gen7 chassis with the stock ESC but an upgraded Holmes Crawlmaster 540. The Scout is a Redcat Gen8 with a Hobbywing 1080 and Trailmaster 550. The Rover is a Carisma Sca1e with a Hobbywing 1080 and the stock motor. The Blazer still has all it's stock TRX4 bits but with some upgraded skids.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Dude.
    If you're looking for another crawler, this one is nicely priced and has some tasteful upgrades.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/63812770

is this GOTOS?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Sundayyyyyyyz.

So you guys just go for hikes and bring the RCs and drive them around on the trail? That’s sweet. Definitely getting the boy one when old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    So you guys just go for hikes and bring the RCs and drive them around on the trail? That’s sweet. Definitely getting the boy one when old enough.
    Pretty much. We needed a regular weekend family activity for them to get the wiggles out of their systems. The first few hikes were just bitch fests until I got them the cars to occupy their hands.

They'd have to pry the Matchbox cars out of my cold dead hands.

We took my son's birthday crawler on a camping trip to the beach this weekend and he had great fun with it. This morning he wanted to drive it again, so we went out to the desert near our house. We eventually found a little gully and had a grand time trying to climb up and down different lines. He particularly enjoyed "jumping" the crawler off the top of the miniature cliff band, so I see a lot of repairs in our future. So far, the only issue was the center suspension linkage backing out, but that was pretty easily tightened up. Any reason not to lock tight the threads if it keeps doing that? We're playing with a Danchee Ridgerock, which I suspect crawls better than most of the slightly nicer, more scale looking crawlers due to its 4 wheel steering and crazy body flex (at least based on a lot of Youtube watching), but pretty much everything is plastic, so there will likely be replacements to be made. Still, I'm considering getting myself one so I don't have to wait my turn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210510_172443926.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	374191

Name:	PXL_20210510_173229913.MP.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	374192

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    We took my son's birthday crawler on a camping trip to the beach this weekend and he had great fun with it. This morning he wanted to drive it again, so we went out to the desert near our house. We eventually found a little gully and had a grand time trying to climb up and down different lines. He particularly enjoyed "jumping" the crawler off the top of the miniature cliff band, so I see a lot of repairs in our future. So far, the only issue was the center suspension linkage backing out, but that was pretty easily tightened up. Any reason not to lock tight the threads if it keeps doing that? We're playing with a Danchee Ridgerock, which I suspect crawls better than most of the slightly nicer, more scale looking crawlers due to its 4 wheel steering and crazy body flex (at least based on a lot of Youtube watching), but pretty much everything is plastic, so there will likely be replacements to be made. Still, I'm considering getting myself one so I don't have to wait my turn.
    I usually blow mine off with the air compressor when we get home and flip it over to see what's broken or loose. Anything that's loose get's a little blue loctite. The boy managed to bend the shit out of one of the skid plates yesterday, so I guess they're doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I usually blow mine off with the air compressor when we get home and flip it over to see what's broken or loose. Anything that's loose get's a little blue loctite. The boy managed to bend the shit out of one of the skid plates yesterday, so I guess they're doing the job.
    Great. I couldn't find my blue Loctite this morning, so I'll pick some up next time I'm out. And maybe it will finally move me to get a compressor, which I haven't had since a recent move. There is plenty of dust to blow where I live even aside from other issues like seating tubless tires.

Name:	PXL_20210510_172443926.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	374191

Name:	PXL_20210510_173229913.MP.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	374192
    Why wait your turn? He's small, you can take him. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why wait your turn? He's small, you can take him. :evil:
    The back of the kid's skull is like a homing missiles for eye sockets!

We've been modifying an arrma senton 6s to be a street weapon. Still need to figure out bumpers and what body to use, but the first test run was a complete success. A little suspension tuning to get a little more rear grip, and second test run was even better. Corners nice and hard, and you give it more juice and it will 4 wheel drift very nicely.
    We used shocks and shock towers and wheels and tires all from an arrma felony. Everything bolted pretty much straight up. Just had to drill some custom location holes for the front shocks.
    Name:  IMG_20210513_200048.jpeg
Views: 391
Size:  103.7 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Rock crawler was fun at the lake...

Name:	IMG_20210530_140723.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	376143

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Walking and winching.

Love RC crawling. Hell RC anything. Do nt need kids either

https://www.instagram.com/p/COqbm3MDyjS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/COYu-cihKer/

I also FLY FPV planes as well.

but have really been into crawlers for the past year.

Name:  Chevy C10.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  86.5 KB

I have built like 5 of these so far.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDCTX4QjDkP/

My favorite is my Brazin ATL with TRX-4 sport running gear and power wagon body.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COYu-cihKer/

Great. I couldn't find my blue Loctite this morning, so I'll pick some up next time I'm out. And maybe it will finally move me to get a compressor, which I haven't had since a recent move. There is plenty of dust to blow where I live even aside from other issues like seating tubless tires.
    Dont use loctite on metal to plastic.......but other wise game on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post

Name:  Chevy C10.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  86.5 KB
    Fuck, I wish I had the time or talent to build something like that.

Patina paint was the hard part about that truck. Its gut are the full featured 12.3 WB TRX-4 with

Reef's Raw 500 main servo
    Tr-4 micro Servo
    1080 HW
    Trailmaster 21T
    Bowhouse LCG battery tray.
    Radiolink channel Rx/Tx
    GMADE steelie rusted on purpose
    Proline Hyrax with Ottsix dual stage foams
    Scaler Fab Front bumper and sliders

and that proline body. I think it took me like 4 hours to do? Lots of planning but not much effort. Almost easier to do that painting inside with various colors/ I started painting the inside bumps gunmetal. I then heatgun the outside and pressed the dented and ripples into it. while I attacked with a dremel and various cutting tools. I then layed orange, grey, black, and red to get the various shades and discolorations. Table salt ads texture. The cab was done the same way but was done on a seperate day. It all covered with a flat clear coat. AS its get scraped up its kind of just looks older.

its a great truck and my most used and oldest buy far, its also the one I take on longer hikes.

its my best performing stock chassis rail truck by far, but once you go to a LCG chassis if you are on rocks there is no turning back. LCG chassis are game changing for really steep slabs. I have two completed LCG chassis builds and they are so good at technical rock crawling it make my chevy seem silly and its pretty good.

I love the pictures of you guys and your kids. wish you guys were closer I have literally hours worth of tiny truck trails at my place not to mention Vermont has some great granite. Next time I go to Utah to Mountain bike I am going to have to try to bring one of my rigs.

if you guys have nt discovered LCG chassis rail its game changer for non "trailing" driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVV_q49ee9Y

they can be very pricey though. like 1k easily for the complete build. but some of the 10.2, TRX-4 , and Redcat converision can be done for less than 100 bucks on top of the price of the original vehicle.

I lll try not to post too much stuff here as I absolutely obsessed and have more time and money due to like I said not having kids.

I play with my kids' toys.

I built up a crawler kit with my 9 y/o. Turned out pretty good, he did all the wrenching, I painted it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1623117460.079582.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	376623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5036.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	376624

GOTOS?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.