Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Can't wait to get started on this one.

Ho-leee fuck are legos expensive, that thing should be $20 not $200. Or maybe I'm just old.

Somebody needs to start an injection molding / 3D printing business and undercut those Danish price gougers.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Ho-leee fuck are legos expensive, that thing should be $20 not $200. Or maybe I'm just old.

Somebody needs to start an injection molding / 3D printing business and undercut those Danish price gougers.
    Truth. I got it on sale for $119. I'm pretty sure when Lego licenses a product they move the decimal point in the price too.

Truth. I got it on sale for $119. I'm pretty sure when Lego licenses a product they move the decimal point in the price too.
    Legos are really expensive and I'm sure that there is some price gouging going on, but they're also essentially perfect in terms of block quality control. I don't think I've ever had a Lego not snap into another lego like it should. They're never loose, they're never off so they don't snap. I've played with other snap together blocks and none have really come close.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Legos are really expensive and I'm sure that there is some price gouging going on, but they're also essentially perfect in terms of block quality control. I don't think I've ever had a Lego not snap into another lego like it should. They're never loose, they're never off so they don't snap. I've played with other snap together blocks and none have really come close.
    The brown ones used to break. I think there is an open recall.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The brown ones used to break. I think there is an open recall.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    Hmm, must have missed those. Looking at their website out of curiosity, it seems that there have only been two lego related recalls in the past 20 years, and neither had to do with blocks (one was a Duplo truck where the wheels could come off the axle and another a remote of some kind).

Edit: Found the discussion of the brittle reddish brown flat pieces. There isn't a recall, but Lego will apparently send you a replacement if you break one. Looking that up I stumbled into the world of hard core legoers. Gives a bunch of adult skiers a run for their money in gear worries. :-)

Added a couple of Axial's to the fleet.

The F100 really isn't my style, but it was half price on the classifieds, I couldn't pass it up.

I'm really digging the C10. It's a great indoor toy, the asshole and I spent the evening watching The Grand Tour and crawling over his sister's Duplos.

This hobby is getting out of hand.

Banggood is key for rc batteries and lipo balancing chargers.

Love to support local shop, but damn shit is cheap from China.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Banggood is key for rc batteries and lipo balancing chargers.

Love to support local shop, but damn shit is cheap from China.
    I've picked up a few things from them but it's hit or miss. I got a pretty good deal from them on the little green Jimny. It may have taken 9 months to get here, but the for the price, $35, the quality is unbelievable... and it's all bluetooth. I also got the Defender 90 from them too. That thing is a hoot. This subreddit used to be pretty good, but it's dropped off in the last 5 months or so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rc_deals/

I'd also check out eBay if you're too lazy to wait for Bangood.

As for my local shop.... it's hit or miss. Half the time it's amazing. Half the time, it seems like the toddler behind the counter can't be bothered.

used to love "helping" build the kids lego star wars stuff, my life as a scale model builder came back to as i can follow instructions (i also kick ass at IKEA the soul sucking devil furniture company)
    now they're bigger and stealing my toys like my skis, Blundstones, jackets, fishing rods etc
    ungrateful little pukes
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I got the boy another arrma. He has loved the senton 6s, and it has held up amazingly well, but he's never had a new one, so there will be a kraton 6s under tree. He's gonna fuckin flip. And he ought to have a little better chance at keeping up with the mojave.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d36d170f-a20d-44b4-9f2f-91492273b6bc.__CR0%2C0%2C1940%2C1200_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	354213

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Fixing it is half the fun.

I buy those front steering linkages three at a time for my 7 year old’s gen 8 scout. I wish they made them all metal, without the plastic parts. Kind of designed to fail I think

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I buy those front steering linkages three at a time for my 7 year old’s gen 8 scout. I wish they made them all metal, without the plastic parts. Kind of designed to fail I think
    I picked up an HD version. So far, so good.

https://www.google.com/amp/club5raci...ainless-steel/

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I got the boy another arrma. He has loved the senton 6s, and it has held up amazingly well, but he's never had a new one, so there will be a kraton 6s under tree. He's gonna fuckin flip. And he ought to have a little better chance at keeping up with the mojave.

Name:	d36d170f-a20d-44b4-9f2f-91492273b6bc.__CR0%2C0%2C1940%2C1200_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	354213

sent from Utah.
    I was at the hobby shop over the weekend. They had a stack of those. I can't get over how fucking huge they are. There was a side with a $100K 911 picking up one of these for his kid. The shop was updating the firmware while he waited. I can't lie. I was jealous.

https://traxxas.com/products/landing...-desert-racer/

I looked the udr, great looking, supposedly not as tough as the arrma mojave. My mojave is hybrid between a missile and a tank. It is so fast and blasts through everything and soaks up high speed rough stuff better than any rc I've ever had. I've decided I really like the bigger 1/8+ stuff. The primary reason is that the bigger tires and suspension open up so much terrain to being fun to drive on. A 1/10 truck is significantly slower and more fragile, and limited in where it can go at a decent clip compared to the big ones.
    They are sort of the opposite side of the coin compared to a crawler (which I totally see the appeal of). We have a kick ass track in the back yard and cars with bigger tires and wheels just do better and are more fun to drive and break less on it.

sent from Utah.
    Last edited by basinbeater; 12-22-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    sigless.

I picked up an HD version. So far, so good.

https://www.google.com/amp/club5raci...ainless-steel/

Thanks for the link. Is everything metal? I haven’t had an issue with the steel components

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Thanks for the link. Is everything metal? I haven’t had an issue with the steel components
    The end links are plastic, but it feels like it's has a significantly higher fiber content and they're thick as fuck.

The end links are plastic, but it feels like it's has a significantly higher fiber content and they're thick as fuck.
    Thanks. I’m going to same that site. Once I break the two factory ones I have now I will order the HD ones. It’s too bad you can’t replace only the plastic part for a quarter

Don't know if you all know of the dude, but Seth's Bike Hacks guys been out with injury and picked up an rc habit. Crawlers mostly, but he's been posting vids. Worth a look.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Mayhem on the basinbeater backyard track today. The boy was bouncing off the walls since unwrap, and he drove it like a pro. Big air, sticking the landings, giving dad a run for his money around the track.

Name:	IMG_20201225_144608.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	354785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201225_142944.jpeg 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	354786

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Mayhem on the basinbeater backyard track today. The boy was bouncing off the walls since unwrap, and he drove it like a pro. Big air, sticking the landings, giving dad a run for his money around the track.

Name:	IMG_20201225_144608.jpeg 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	354785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201225_142944.jpeg 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	354786

sent from Utah.
    Sweeeeeeet.

Let's see the haul....

Can't wait to get started on this one.

Heh, my brother in law had this gifted to him when he ordered his new Defender.

He finished it in about a month and took delivery of his new whip a month or so ago.

So far both are reliable.
    I still call it The Jake.

Snow Run.

Nice. I need a crawler. I got my brother a tekin crawler motor and quicrun 1080 esc for his for Xmas.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I made the mistake of watching some monster truck videos recently. Want.