Outer Banks on Netflix

just started watching it. hooked.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC68w9tvv6I

I'm pretty salty and love the OBX for windsurfing and kitesurfing trips. early spring, late Fall, hudge house for short money for a week.
    My buds own Real Kitesurfing. CT boys that never left OBX. Trip and Matt
    https://www.youtube.com/user/REALWatersports
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-25-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

It's a little corny / CW network-ish at times, but I enjoyed it. They do a good job of establishing a sense of place.

If you want to die, try taking a drink every time someone says "John B."

Really cheesy and predictable but somehow enjoyable.

Wait, is season 2 available? I have not received notice. Good show in an adolescent sort of way. Like Clueless, Sydney Wade, and Fool's Gold wrapped into one.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

reminds me of Bloodline, shot in the FLA Keys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWL0UcXUXSE

Bloodline is waaaaaay better.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Good guilty pleasure soap opera. I have a 13 y/o daughter, so this was everything last year.
    I liked it for the salty crusty ocean feel. Reminds me of most seasonal beach towns. I spent a lot of time out on Nantucket growing up. I have friends that still live out there year round. This same show could have been filmed there for the most part. Summer People, Some Aren't.
    It was filmed in Charleston I think, not OBX.

Wait. We now have a thread on Outer Banks?

Maybe my 16yo daughter will get an account here now.

Ok, I couldn't even type that with a straight face. She won't. But if she does she will roast you people for being "old guys" yet daring to post on Outer Banks. You will cry. Be afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    bloodline is waaaaaaay better, indeed.

the geography in obx is completely wrong. they claim you got get from chapel hill to the coast by boat. it is 250 miles from the coast with no direct waterway.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Wait. We now have a thread on Outer Banks?

Maybe my 16yo daughter will get an account here now.

Ok, I couldn't even type that with a straight face. She won't. But if she does she will roast you people for being "old guys" yet daring to post on Outer Banks. You will cry. Be afraid.
    can you post some naked or just semi naked pics of your 18 year old daughter ?
    at that point, I will determine if I need her approval.
    Thanks
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-27-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Good guilty pleasure soap opera. I have a 13 y/o daughter, so this was everything last year.
    I liked it for the salty crusty ocean feel. Reminds me of most seasonal beach towns. I spent a lot of time out on Nantucket growing up. I have friends that still live out there year round. This same show could have been filmed there for the most part. Summer People, Some Aren't.
    It was filmed in Charleston I think, not OBX.
    Big difference between the OBX and the ACK.
    Wings was bad

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yes, Bloodline was excellent. I found Outer Banks easy to watch, but much more corny/geared to younger audience. 2 very different types of shows, other than both locales are awesome.

I spent a lot of time out on Nantucket growing up. I have friends that still live out there year round. This same show could have been filmed there for the most part. Summer People, Some aren’t .
    Born and raised. Lived there til I was 20, small island, maybe we’ve met in the real life

Outer Banks on Netflix

There is a show about the outer banks. I used to take surf trips down there a few times a year. Never realized there was anything else going on besides surfing and vacation rentals. Is it a show about people sitting around with nothing to do when the surf goes flat?

Edit: just watched the trailer. Looks way worse than I imagined. Y’all really have that much times on your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    There is a show about the outer banks. I used to take surf trips down there a few times a year. Never realized there was anything else going on besides surfing and vacation rentals. Is it a show about people sitting around with nothing to do when the surf goes flat?

Edit: just watched the trailer. Looks way worse than I imagined. Y’all really have that much times on your hands?
    https://youtu.be/xOvUToAER4s

Time on your hands ?
    Like rubbing one out to TGR ?
    I enjoyed OBX for a good story and in ReaL Life kitesurfing and partying with old friends there. Year after year.
    Maybe look into that...a real life, that is. Kook

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Born and raised. Lived there til I was 20, small island, maybe we’ve met in the real life
    ACK was a boat ride away as a kid and I still live walking distance to the big boats to the islands on the cape.
    We may have crossed paths at some point. Same with Stowe, similiar crowd. I get a laugh at kooks like dave portnoy from barstool aka el presidente with his silly pizza reviews and trying to be a Chad on ACK. The old school salts just guffaw at the new $$$ pricks out there.
    Met John Kerry kitesurfing there years ago. He was chill and now Biden has him on his team.
    RIP Seaweed
    Chix Box ain't the same

It came out last Spring back when we were all actually sheltering in place. So... yeah.

Outer Banks on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    https://youtu.be/xOvUToAER4s

Time on your hands ?
    Like rubbing one out to TGR ?
    I enjoyed OBX for a good story and in ReaL Life kitesurfing and partying with old friends there. Year after year.
    Maybe look into that...a real life, that is. Kook

Did you miss the part where I do shit outside cowboy? Enjoy that television and teen programming.

Did you miss the part where I do shit outside cowboy? Enjoy that television and teen programming.
    Maybe take a shit in your cowboy hat.
    I'll be sure to smirk at you waiting for closeout waves as the crew rips by on another downwinder on our kites and strapless shortboards.
    grovel for shit waves with the kook surfers
    I watch what I want and don't need the approval of anyone to enjoy it
    stoked for season 2 and the gold in the bahamas
    TGR is such a dork fest these days

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    ACK was a boat ride away as a kid and I still live walking distance to the big boats to the islands on the cape.
    We may have crossed paths at some point. Same with Stowe, similiar crowd. I get a laugh at kooks like dave portnoy from barstool aka el presidente with his silly pizza reviews and trying to be a Chad on ACK. The old school salts just guffaw at the new $$$ pricks out there.
    Met John Kerry kitesurfing there years ago. He was chill and now Biden has him on his team.
    RIP Seaweed
    Chix Box ain't the same

What did they do to the Chicken Box? I used to stay down the road from there at my GF's house. Walking distance to Surfside. Good times.
    My buddy still lives out there. He bought the kayak/ bike rental business downtown from a friend's dad. Then he started the boat club. Married a local girl, inherited(wedding gift?) a bunch of land, paid to have a house moved on that land for like $10,000, you know, normal stuff that everyone does. He builds spec homes out there now, and brainstorms other stuff to sell to the super wealthy. Last I heard, he was planning an underground garage to house collector cars the rich could keep there year round. He is a good dude, and deserves it all, but we used to joke that he shit gold bricks. We had noooo idea....

What did they do to the Chicken Box? I used to stay down the road from there at my GF's house. Walking distance to Surfside. Good times.
    My buddy still lives out there. He bought the kayak/ bike rental business downtown from a friend's dad. Then he started the boat club. Married a local girl, inherited(wedding gift?) a bunch of land, paid to have a house moved on that land for like $10,000, you know, normal stuff that everyone does. He builds spec homes out there now, and brainstorms other stuff to sell to the super wealthy. Last I heard, he was planning an underground garage to house collector cars the rich could keep there year round. He is a good dude, and deserves it all, but we used to joke that he shit gold bricks. We had noooo idea....
    Just reading this now.
    I have ENDLESS stories about ACK. From childhood to now. A magical island, for sure.been repping Cisco Beer for 20+ years. As in, beer fests and in store tastings and such.
    The Figawi hats are kind of an old joke now.
    Kitesurfing with John Kerry ? Bucket list stuff