Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617672924.254176.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	370560

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Nice. What’s that, oak? Details...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

If my wife could stomach the look of this Olhausen table...it only $1K
    Who would build a custom table that didn't have leather pockets? That looks cheap..
    Three piece slate?

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    We had an 8' AMF Playmaster growing up. I guess it's mine if I get it out of storage. I'd like to play somewhat seriously again.

And I'll second the wall impeding shots - I learned really fast that I could use that to my advantage on my home table.
    I've seen a few short cue hotshots. Def an advantage if you do it all the time.

7ft Diamond Professional. The top rails are white oak “Diamond wood.” They apparently were a sample from the factory that Diamond gets their resin impregnated wood from. So these are the only white oak Diamond wood rails they have ever had made....one off table. Grey simonis and pro cut drop pockets.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Nice set up gretch. My buddy down the street built a little bar in an out building on his property so I just moved my childhood table in there. Also threw my Tornado in as well.

The door has a key code and if I need to get away from the family, I head over there when convenient.

Name:	Image1617682311.336134.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	370569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617682346.072715.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	370570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617682365.740116.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	370571

I’ll head there for pool and foos and play pong in my rec room that I’m just starting to build out. Baseboards going in tomorrow.

Name:	Image1617682447.828321.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	370572

Sweet setup and place to escape Shirk.

Good beer, too.

That is why I am searching for used now. It seems like a lot of people buy them and then never play. Since my parents had one...I know how much I would use it.

So many of the used tables are just so ugly...lol. If I had the room, I would buy one of those Brunswick space age looking table. They are sweet!

There should be some pool halls closing or closed due to the last year.
    Those old ones can really be priceless if you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    There should be some pool halls closing or closed due to the last year.
    Those old ones can really be priceless if you can find them.
    My problem was I could only fit a 7ft table. I searched for used ones for a bit (not weeks and months) and made calls all around Arizona and Colorado....not much luck finding anything I liked, but if you are looking....the Scottsdale/Phoenix area (as one would expect with the big houses, indoor lifestyle, etc.) has a lot of tables.

In the end, I kind of got stuck on Diamond. Unless you are talking bigger tables that are classics (shit there are some badass Gold Crowns...love the anniversary) Diamond seems to literally be the only table that holds its value. The other thing that steered me toward the Diamond initially was the look of the Pro with round corners. You can get them in 7, 8 or 9 foot and they have a look very similar to some of the classic Gold Crowns. Then, the pockets of the OIhausen's drove me away from them...which made me think more and more about how a table plays and in a 7ft, I liked the idea of the smaller pro cut corners. Finally...this one of a kind table came up...my dad and grandpa used to build a lot of stuff with white oak, so the rails brought back some nostalgia...and I wouldn't have to wait 4 months for it. I sucked up having the angle corners instead of the round ones and that GC look. I personally don't like the look of Diamond's other model that you see at all the events, but many love it and I am sure it plays awesome.

In conclusion after all my research...for a 7ft or 8ft table, my vote goes to the Diamond Professional model (blue label). For a 9ft, I would look for a Gold Crown Anniversary or the one that has the same look as the Anniversary but doesn't have any of the SS accents. I forget what it is called...but it is beautiful. Then I would have a good mechanic tighten the pockets a bit.

Great choice. If you can learn to shoot on that, you will do well. Tons of books, tutorials, as well as videos on Youtube about strategies, english, squirt, gearing, breaking, etc. If they ever get started again go to a pro event to watch some guys and gals that really know how to get it done. We were supposed to go to a TAP tournament in Philly last year, now pushed to 2022.

Now to get bitten by the cue bug and the new carbon fiber shafts.

I've found a guy, Mark Gregory at Perfect Pocketz, that I will probably have rebuild my Anniversary. He keeps the frame, rebuilds all the rails and skirts, recovers the pedestals, for about $5,000. Here is is Potatobook page
    https://www.facebook.com/mark.gregory.9889
    He just delivered a 7' Anniversary, the only one out there. And just delivered a 9 footer to Earl Strickland.

Congrats again on a beautiful table!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Great choice. If you can learn to shoot on that, you will do well. Tons of books, tutorials, as well as videos on Youtube about strategies, english, squirt, gearing, breaking, etc. If they ever get started again go to a pro event to watch some guys and gals that really know how to get it done. We were supposed to go to a TAP tournament in Philly last year, now pushed to 2022.

Now to get bitten by the cue bug and the new carbon fiber shafts.

I've found a guy, Mark Gregory at Perfect Pocketz, that I will probably have rebuild my Anniversary. He keeps the frame, rebuilds all the rails and skirts, recovers the pedestals, for about $5,000. Here is is Potatobook page
    https://www.facebook.com/mark.gregory.9889
    He just delivered a 7' Anniversary, the only one out there. And just delivered a 9 footer to Earl Strickland.

Congrats again on a beautiful table!
    Thanks TNK and thanks for all your help. Yes...if I could of found a 7ft Anniversary, I would of bought it. But as you just said...the only one!

I did buy a plain jane Jacoby players cue, their jump cue and a J&J break cue. Next step may be to put the Jacoby Black CF shaft on...but that won't be for a while. I am waiting on some better house cues currently as the one I bought on ebay was warped as shit and the wife kept using my new cue last night.

You Tube has changed so much of how we learn things like pool. All the videos and tutorials are great. To think 25 years ago you had to either find someone willing to teach you or read books.

My problem was I could only fit a 7ft table. I searched for used ones for a bit (not weeks and months) and made calls all around Arizona and Colorado....not much luck finding anything I liked, but if you are looking....the Scottsdale/Phoenix area (as one would expect with the big houses, indoor lifestyle, etc.) has a lot of tables.

In the end, I kind of got stuck on Diamond. Unless you are talking bigger tables that are classics (shit there are some badass Gold Crowns...love the anniversary) Diamond seems to literally be the only table that holds its value. The other thing that steered me toward the Diamond initially was the look of the Pro with round corners. You can get them in 7, 8 or 9 foot and they have a look very similar to some of the classic Gold Crowns. Then, the pockets of the OIhausen's drove me away from them...which made me think more and more about how a table plays and in a 7ft, I liked the idea of the smaller pro cut corners. Finally...this one of a kind table came up...my dad and grandpa used to build a lot of stuff with white oak, so the rails brought back some nostalgia...and I wouldn't have to wait 4 months for it. I sucked up having the angle corners instead of the round ones and that GC look. I personally don't like the look of Diamond's other model that you see at all the events, but many love it and I am sure it plays awesome.

In conclusion after all my research...for a 7ft or 8ft table, my vote goes to the Diamond Professional model (blue label). For a 9ft, I would look for a Gold Crown Anniversary or the one that has the same look as the Anniversary but doesn't have any of the SS accents. I forget what it is called...but it is beautiful. Then I would have a good mechanic tighten the pockets a bit.
    I hear ya. That table you got is indeed pretty good-looking. A buddy of mine snagged two 100 year old tables, one a snooker table, out of an old pool hall that was shutting down for $800 each. Classics.

Thanks TNK and thanks for all your help. Yes...if I could of found a 7ft Anniversary, I would of bought it. But as you just said...the only one!

I did buy a plain jane Jacoby players cue, their jump cue and a J&J break cue. Next step may be to put the Jacoby Black CF shaft on...but that won't be for a while. I am waiting on some better house cues currently as the one I bought on ebay was warped as shit and the wife kept using my new cue last night.

You Tube has changed so much of how we learn things like pool. All the videos and tutorials are great. To think 25 years ago you had to either find someone willing to teach you or read books.
    No problem. Our local hall uses Lucasi cues. They do well.

My first cue was a Jacoby. Good solid, well built cue.

Think of it as golf on a very small surface. Have fun.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Name:	Image1628991408.697080.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	382287

Recently moved into new home with a detached two car garage with bonus room upstairs. Sellers were more than happy to part ways with the pool table. It’s a Brunswick Contender series. Playing surface is essentially 4’ x 7’. Seems nice enough. Look forward to using it more after grad school.

Sent from my Zune
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Looks like a great party room. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Looks like a great party room. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    pool tables and parties aren't a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You obviously never banged a cocktail waitress on one
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's all fun and games until... No, it's all fun and games.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's all fun and games until... No, it's all fun and games.
    it's all fun and games until someone javelins a cue at someone over $5, sending it through a framed print and into the drywall.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    it's all fun and games until someone javelins a cue at someone over $5, sending it through a framed print and into the drywall.
    Well, what dumbass would hand a framed print in their game room?

Name:  Image1629033507.933740.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  24.2 KB