Online Excel program?

I've been thinking about taking some Excel classes for a while to make myself more valuable at work. I work in biotech, but more on the clinical lab side, though my job is evolving. I understand the basics and I use excel every day at work, but mostly documents that are already generated for me.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an online class or set of classes? If its through an accredited university, I can get partial tuition reimbursement, but that's certainly not a requirement, and self-paced may be easier in the end.

With my wife working in healthcare and the current bullshit, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in quasi- or full-quarantine this winter, so why not do something productive?

Excel is a good start but data analytics has been changing fast. Get yourself ground with excel but I’d spend more time with Microsoft PowerBI or something similar as you may find yourself even more valuable depending on what you are doing at work.

If you want to do even more; Georgia Tech or University at Texas has an Analytics Masters fully online for under 10K; if you work would be willing to pay that could be a nice addition to the resume and skill set.

https://www.edx.org/masters

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I've been thinking about taking some Excel classes for a while to make myself more valuable at work. I work in biotech, but more on the clinical lab side, though my job is evolving. I understand the basics and I use excel every day at work, but mostly documents that are already generated for me.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an online class or set of classes? If its through an accredited university, I can get partial tuition reimbursement, but that's certainly not a requirement, and self-paced may be easier in the end.

With my wife working in healthcare and the current bullshit, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in quasi- or full-quarantine this winter, so why not do something productive?
    There is some useful stuff on coursera that might be up your alley. Much of it requires a $50 per month subscription, though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search...&src=sac&kw=ex

Ive done some of there stuff to learn some cisco networking stuff and the courses were pretty good/in depth.. the pricing is weird thought kinda high but on sale for 9.99-19.99 all the time so don't pay more than that as it will go onsale for blackfriday

Look at what's available on microsoft university before you start paying a 3rd party. I have done well finding the formulas I wanted of effecint ways to import export organize data by using the help and search available in the application. Office 365 7$ a month
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I used to use Excel as a core part of a series of jobs. I learned everything through this Youtube Channel for free- https://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun

The guy who hosts the channel is a community college professor. He posts excel workbooks in the video descriptions so that you can follow along. It's really great info, and he has several different classes that you can follow along with.

I had a couple of jobs back to back where my Excel skills made people think I was some kind of wizard. I was able to jump to a couple of different jobs and ratchet up my career with those skills.

I credit the ExcelIsFun Youtube channel as a significant part of how I was able to quadruple my income in a 2.5 year period between 2012 and 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I used to use Excel as a core part of a series of jobs. I learned everything through this Youtube Channel for free- https://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun

The guy who hosts the channel is a community college professor. He posts excel workbooks in the video descriptions so that you can follow along. It's really great info, and he has several different classes that you can follow along with.

I had a couple of jobs back to back where my Excel skills made people think I was some kind of wizard. I was able to jump to a couple of different jobs and ratchet up my career with those skills.

I credit the ExcelIsFun Youtube channel as a significant part of how I was able to quadruple my income in a 2.5 year period between 2012 and 2016.
    The ability to give good spreadsheet will get you ahead pretty much anywhere. It's also gets you bothered a lot by others
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Thanks guys, I need to do some more research but good to know there are some cheap/free options out there.

I have a former coworker who just did a data analysis masters, but that's probably not where my career is headed, though I've thought about it.