Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2998
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Headed back to Montana in the morning. Will try to hook up for some laps next time!
    Right on. Wouldn't have wanted to clutter up a family outing anyway. Maybe see ya next time and safe travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Primus.

Yeah that's one of my faves, too. Not much more to the left, of course...

Glad folks enjoy that shitty little edit. I can barely bring myself to wear the gapercam but it's fun to see the runs again. We took like 6 or 7 out the top gate that day... cam quit workin partway through so the deeper runs will have to just remain in the memory banks!

You're not the only one with shitty little edits, music by the Garage Band App, the skiing is at Alpental and Hyak
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    My source says the have to make reservations and he's a pretty good source, if you took the zero off that number you would be a lot closer....maybe if a cartoon size hammer popped from the gate when they bow down...
    I have a pass but my family is all Ikonic because they don't ski enough and we had a couple ski trips planned. Reservations are still required for before 2pm (could be 1pm). You get a nastygram email if you ski without a reservation or skip a reservation.

Had some fun out there today, got cliffed out and had to boot up out of a line past Elevator gate...rite of passage I guess haha. Yeah it was busy oh well.

Lifties and ikon pass holders have told me that the gates haven't been communicating with the reservation system and that Ikoners haven't needed them for over a month.

I thought it was fantastic yesterday. 3 top to bottom laps with great snow. 2 of them were not long after gate openings. The lines were not ideal but expected.

I am not sure I understand people parking on the side of the road after the turn by Armstrong. It turns the road into single file. I saw where they laid down some gravel on the road where the road tilts hard and cars in front of me were sliding towards the parked cars as they came to a stop. A jeep looked like it had a note of the windshield right below the gravel, I believe it was bumped from one of the sideways sliding cars. Not that I need it, as I'd not park like that...but mental note to not park like a dumb ass! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I thought it was fantastic yesterday. 3 top to bottom laps with great snow. 2 of them were not long after gate openings. The lines were not ideal but expected.

I am not sure I understand people parking on the side of the road after the turn by Armstrong. It turns the road into single file. I saw where they laid down some gravel on the road where the road tilts hard and cars in front of me were sliding towards the parked cars as they came to a stop. A jeep looked like it had a note of the windshield right below the gravel, I believe it was bumped from one of the sideways sliding cars. Not that I need it, as I'd not park like that...but mental note to not park like a dumb ass! LOL
    Honestly the shitheads that park on the access road between lots 2 and 4 are my biggest complaint. That road can be tough to navigate especially in a rv so when it's 1 lane it it creates a real hazard. I think it's time to start towing these assholes but I don't make the rules.
    https://youtu.be/Cjuzm-A_C8o

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Agreed on the shitheads.

Nice stoke SirVic. Some killer lines through the trees!

I dig that run into Felsen. GruntCam!

Is your cam chest mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Is your cam chest mounted?
    Yes helmets aren't my style

Here's some skiing from this weekend
    Nice vids, that right ropeline on Nash skied fantastic all day I thought. That was fun.
    Last edited by yeahman; 02-27-2023 at 08:27 PM.

I'm planning to head up for tomorrow and will probably be solo. Grey coat, blue pants on Bear Paw Billy Goats. Give a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Nice vids, that right ropeline on Nash skied fantastic all day I thought. That was fun.
    It always does. Consider yourself initiated in the club.

Some pics from Saturday before the fresh arrived

tight lines Vic!

April 16 is the posted last day of the year for Alpental/Central. Extended season dependent on snow conditions which should be more than adequate, but seems like they jumped the gun on closing early last year so get your laps in now while the chairs are spinning!

Another of Vic from the weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	508.1 KB 
ID:	449612
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

April 16 is the posted last day of the year for Alpental/Central. Extended season dependent on snow conditions which should be more than adequate, but seems like they jumped the gun on closing early last year so get your laps in now while the chairs are spinning!
    So bummed Alpental routinely closes mid-week for end of March and April.

Killer morning up at Alpental today. The conditions report did not do it justice and kept the Ikon beaters away. I rode the chair with Ryan, the weather reporter and thanked him for keeping the lines short all morning. After first runs it was ski on for Armstrong and super short on 2. Best powder Tuesday I've had in years.

6-8" on the lower mountain and 12"+ up top. Light snow that got a little heavier as it warmed up. Good visibility. Still buzzing. Snakedance opened around 11:30. Elevator unlikely to open due to Rockface ready to slide. If you missed the morning, I bet the late shift will still be killer. Great way to kick off what should be a big week.

Quote Originally Posted by jdoneill View Post
    So bummed Alpental routinely closes mid-week for end of March and April.
    The worst is Alpental night skiing shutting down in 2 weeks. Get the late shift in while you can.

Real nice tonight. A fantastic week on tap!!!

You kind of had to be there

https://youtu.be/UgYUqFqin1I

Big thanks to the pros and everyone involved in gifts like today