Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3002
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Patrol closed the upper gate today at about 1... to rescue someone from Trashcan.

When I bailed at 3:45 the ambulance was still parked at the trailhead in lot 4 and patrol was just handing over to the medic.

Person fell 20ft into a hole and broke their back.
    Youch. Saw the sled heading towards the upper gate and the ambulance at the lodge as I was rolling out.

Not a bad couple of days tho.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230119_092306_2.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	443560

Name:	20230119_131026_2.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	358.7 KB 
ID:	443561
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Guy I talked to said "not paralyzed" , but that could still change I suppose.

Pretty good skiing but the coverage is thin. Lotsa holes and rock bands. Gacked my skis today in a couple spots.

Shit, last week I dicked up some simple navigation by failing to recognize the trees without the deep base.

Guy I talked to said "not paralyzed" , but that could still change I suppose.

Pretty good skiing but the coverage is thin. Lotsa holes and rock bands. Gacked my skis today in a couple spots.

Shit, last week I dicked up some simple navigation by failing to recognize the trees without the deep base.
    Yep. I had to backtrack twice this morning because things that went 2 weeks ago, didn't go anymore. Waterfalls in play, etc. Great snow out there in lotsa places though.

Yes haven’t been to the alpy bc this year and was surprised how low the snow pack was on the lower third of the mountain . Big trees is nothing like it normally is . That lower Nash gate is a complete mess as bad of a traverse as I can remember in my 21 years here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Patrol closed the upper gate today at about 1... to rescue someone from Trashcan.

When I bailed at 3:45 the ambulance was still parked at the trailhead in lot 4 and patrol was just handing over to the medic.

Person fell 20ft into a hole and broke their back.
    There's a couple spots in trash can if you aren't paying attention you will drop a ways, I remember yarding a guy out that was all messed up from the pond/hole near the top up to my nuts in water because he shot through some trees not knowing there was a 20' drop to rocks and water right below
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Is that confirmation that Nash gate hasnt opened? I saw its still closed on the website, but I typically only trust analog sources for terrain availability from the padded seats haha.
    we are trying to improve that, the information flow needs some fine tuning
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    There's a couple spots in trash can if you aren't paying attention you will drop a ways
    Fully aware. Death holes. I stay the fuk out of that drainage

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230120_141052.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	443683

Meanwhile, from the 18th..

Name:	IMG_9440.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	443684

Name:	IMG_9441.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	820.9 KB 
ID:	443685

I need to bushwhack out there with skis one of these days, been on the list for too long.

Tomorrow's forecast is looking quite tasty, at least this next high pressure ridge should hold good skiing.

I blame alpy patrol for moving the trees and cliffs around every summer
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I blame alpy patrol for moving the trees and cliffs around every summer
    Really wish they would have remembered to put the creeks and holes into storage. Goodness knows they have the room after moving the moguls out onto the mountain for the winter.

If that's Thunder, an uncommon spot to skin there, I've always gone up the righthand skyline and some times have skied down that skintrack.

Ol' Snowy living up to its namesake!

Fully aware. Death holes. I stay the fuk out of that drainage
    That one year when the avalanche filled it in all the way to the valley floor and made it into a groomed run was pretty nice

Sometimes if you aren't first down that it's just bone

^ I can feel that picture.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

I usually just point it between the sharks there, usually there’s some nice soft snow piled up at the base of that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

... and then TRAVERSE!

Guy in the pic seemed over-sloped just getting to that spot.

Caption: "Shit."

Someone post some gate stoke! The Hyak CC-bound crowd is dying for some vicarious living

I'd settling for parking stoke.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Someone post some gate stoke! The Hyak CC-bound crowd is dying for some vicarious living

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/7q0uIVG9COQ

I'm so sick of the Iklown show.

Lot of ikonic and generally moronic parking today. How long till the 5 and 7 packs start running out and they gotta go back to xtal or outta state?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://youtu.be/7q0uIVG9COQ

I'm so sick of the Iklown show.

That is funny. I was there when the gate dropped. I usually go down a tad and around. This time I went up. I now know what the High T's all about. While I did not fall, and sure as hell did not turn around...I'd say my fitness level and sidestepping on an off angle, definately aggressively up, and above what looked like decent exposure could have been better\quicker....

High T noobness aside...I believe we dropped into the trashcan area. The top section was fantastic. The bottom section was a good example of why I'm just a tad bit paranoid of not knowing the line. I had to sidestep back out of a cliff\hole at the bottom situation. And it sure as hell got tight after that with many holes and even some running water nearby...I think someone up the page said something about not heading into this area. I'd bet it ski's a hell of a lot better with a much bigger base. (I guess it all does!)

Anyway, sweet day.