Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2876
    Yesterday was actually a lot of fun up top. Not much open, but probably for good reason. Lower mountain was dust on crust. Follow the sun for a good time.

Why does PSE hate skiing? No new snow, no rain, no wind, not cold. This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, power died right about 2:00.

Chair 2 didn't open until 1:00, but it skied decently, lower mountain was a skating rink mounded with sugar.

No lines though.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah, good stuff. Family finally decided to head up with me. Lift stopped as we were heading to the line. PSE is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Why does PSE hate skiing? No new snow, no rain, no wind, not cold. This is getting ridiculous.
    It’s fucking bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    It’s fucking bullshit.
    TGR Forums
    You said it better than I did.

I guess they owe me nothing, but I feel like an explanation on what is up with these outages would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    You said it better than I did.

I guess they owe me nothing, but I feel like an explanation on what is up with these outages would be nice...
    Summit feels left out of the epic/iconic operational junkshows and decided to throw their hat in that ring?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Summit feels left out of the epic/iconic operational junkshows and decided to throw their hat in that ring?
    With the help of pse. First world problems, but I have missed 4 days with the day off due to power. (Maybe on of those was I 90...

Current outage is another tree fall.

A record breaking summer drought and heatwave then a record breaking 3 weeks of storms.

What would you like PSE to do?

Fix global warming or put all the distribution underground?

Wtf people….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

A record breaking summer drought and heatwave then a record breaking 3 weeks of storms.

Wtf people….

Fixing global warming would be a good start then bury the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Wtf people….

Learn from pg&e and start undergrounding power lines in forested/rural areas starting yesterday to account for a changing PNW climate over the coming decades.

In the short term, I suggest logging the shit out of transmission line corridors.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Learn from pg&e and start undergrounding power lines in forested/rural areas starting yesterday to account for a changing PNW climate over the coming decades.

In the short term, I suggest logging the shit out of transmission line corridors.
    Pretty much. The climate is changing, period. Whether we sped up that change people can debate. The world is yin and yang so I’m a yes on that debate.

Confusing what was going on at Alpental today. Drove through around 1:15 and all lots were slammed. But there was no line for Armstrong. Slopes looked empty. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Confusing what was going on at Alpental today. Drove through around 1:15 and all lots were slammed. But there was no line for Armstrong. Slopes looked empty. WTF?
    Power outage due to climate change.

Power outage due to climate change.

This was before the power went out. Magic carpet and sessel were packed. Armstrong was empty.

Zing!

Good morning and happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! It looks to be another nice weather day up at the pass. While we continue to struggle with less than a Partial Supply of Energy from our local utility, we will be operating in a limited fashion today, see updates below.

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    This was before the power went out. Magic carpet and sessel were packed. Armstrong was empty.
    Ah. Maybe because cascade traverse was closed and that’s when 2 opened. Snow was much better up top. International was closed so lots of people lapping chair 2. Patrol was busy with all the beginner/intermediates on icy Debbie’s most of the morning so they likely shifted over to Sessel to avoid.

I am happy to at least have global warming to blame.

Ah. Maybe because cascade traverse was closed and that’s when 2 opened. Snow was much better up top. International was closed so lots of people lapping chair 2. Patrol was busy with all the beginner/intermediates on icy Debbie’s most of the morning so they likely shifted over to Sessel to avoid.

Also do that is the tail end of lesson lunch so given the crappy conditions all the lesson families were inside eating and catching covid.

That makes sense. It was such an odd site.

Things were pretty mellow at Hyak. Short lift lines and decent weather. I wish they could get Hidden Valley open but maybe they just don't have the staff for it this season? We made morning laps with the kiddos, then stopped for a long lunch of grilled dogs and brats in the parking lot. Came back for the afternoon session just as the power went out. So far, that's 3 of my 5 lift served ski days affected by power outages. Shit happens but this seems like it's kind of ridiculous.

Anyway, a nice mellow Sunday regardless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220116_201358570.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	401523

Friday night was busy every lot nearly full dodos parking on the road but glad to snag a few laps with my babykooksrusgapers go marching one by onebogeys everywheresessel slayerhangfirebig moonbraaaaapbuenas vistasgreat peeps

Bunch of sissys and whiny butts in this thread. Yes the power went out but I'm kind of a fan of it when 95 percent of the skiers(bogeys) bail and you get Armstrong to yourself. For those saying they should run the power underground you do realize that we're talking about underground utilities in the mountains have fun digging through granite. Which one of you are gonna step up and pay for relocation of all the lines? Show up pay your nickel and be grateful for what you get.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    [. For those saying they should run the power underground you do realize that we're talking about underground utilities in the mountains have fun digging through granite. Which one of you are gonna step up and pay for relocation of all the lines? Show up pay your nickel and be grateful for what you get.

FWIW, PSE will go as low as 2' cover for transmission lines, if necessary. Which will work just fine going through the cascades.

Reason I say underground now, is looking a few states south at PG&E and all the fires caused by overhead lines, and now constant service blackouts during fire season to mitigate risk. Now they are expediting undergrounding their whole at risk network costing way more than if they had made along term plan to do so.

All that said, I was mostly being tongue in cheek, and I look at power outages the same way I look at driving up on 50/50 rain/snow days. Pay your nickel and take your chances. NBD if you turn back around, it's less than an hour driving one-way foremost of us.

Oh big big boom at around 415 430 yesterday up top. Maybe Snoq can fill us in on what that was about

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Oh big big boom at around 415 430 yesterday up top. Maybe Snoq can fill us in on what that was about

It was PSE mining thru the Denny granite to run transmission lines.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA