Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3002

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

They’ll pull the old silver fir chairs out of storage and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Also, what manufacturer still produces a fixed grip?
    22 new fixed grip chairs planned for US/Canada this year. 23 if you count the "chondola" in Tennessee.

https://liftblog.com/2022-new-lifts/

The hidden valley chair is news.

Seems like the other announcements are just rehashing old plans to stay in the news. Without dates for construction it isnt really real.

the international chair would still mean 2 chairs if you want to go out Egate, so im not sure why they wouldnt just put it all the way to the base? I bet they could squeeze it in.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The hidden valley chair is news.

Seems like the other announcements are just rehashing old plans to stay in the news. Without dates for construction it isnt really real.

the international chair would still mean 2 chairs if you want to go out Egate, so im not sure why they wouldnt just put it all the way to the base? I bet they could squeeze it in.
    Ironically it might be slower than Armstrong -> Ch 2 since Sessel takes as long/longer than Armstrong.

where the dates at tho?

It’s the 2030 plan right?

So maybe in 8 years….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They do classify the International chair as Near Term vs Middle term. I would expect that means within next 2-3 years.

Not a fan of RFID passes, so a bit bummed on that and don't care about F&B on mountain. Not looking forward to the price increases all of this is going to bring. As someone said, I'm OK with increased lift capacity with the current parking lots. Means shorter waits. New Sessel will take more of the lesson traffic from Armstrong, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Also, what manufacturer still produces a fixed grip?
    All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Not a fan of RFID passes, so a bit bummed on that
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Why?
    Yeah, I’m actually okay with RFID at Mission next season

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Why?
    I find they cause more issues and congestion at the bottom of lifts than a person scanning. You still need someone guiding traffic, so why not have them scanning vs running everyone through electronic gates dry humping them trying to get their pass to scan?

Plus they collect way more information about me and how I move around the mountain than a ski operation needs. I don't care how much vert I've skied or days I've skied or which lifts I've ridden. They increase cost to the customer while providing no value to the customer.

New chairs servicing old zones is nice but doesn't really address the problem.

Hopefully the hoi polloi will be sated and the important people can go about their business.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I find they cause more issues and congestion at the bottom of lifts than a person scanning. You still need someone guiding traffic, so why not have them scanning vs running everyone through electronic gates dry humping them trying to get their pass to scan?

Plus they collect way more information about me and how I move around the mountain than a ski operation needs. I don't care how much vert I've skied or days I've skied or which lifts I've ridden. They increase cost to the customer while providing no value to the customer.
    My observation at 2 mountains that switched from scan guns to RFID... RFID is way less congested as the ticket scanner person now can focus on line management and not have to scan like mad to keep the line from backing up. I prefer them.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    My observation at 2 mountains that switched from scan guns to RFID... RFID is way less congested as the ticket scanner person now can focus on line management and not have to scan like mad to keep the line from backing up. I prefer them.
    Fuck rfid

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Do you have a cellular phone?
    Do you keep locations on?
    Google, cookies....fuck, we're being tracked constantly

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Do you have a cellular phone?
    Do you keep locations on?
    Google, cookies....fuck, we're being tracked constantly
    Yeah, but Google/Apple /whatever are providing a service that is useful and valuable for me. I know I'm giving up tracking for that service. RFID adds nothing for the user and gives more info than I care to. I already bought my pass so it's not like it's changing my mind. I just hate the added cost that is passed on to me for the intrusion and no benefit for me.

In my experience this past year at multiple RFID resorts they either didn't have someone doing line management (Brighton, Lake Louise) causing a cluster in the line or the person doing line management was fine but the users constantly had issues at the scanner (Deer Valley, Sunshine, Lake Louise). I'm glad some have had better experiences but they definitely doesn't match mine.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Shorter lift lines because parking is full sounds good to me I can get my ass out of bed for that.
    No kidding. The lines can be deep when parking is full - especially when the gates are closed.

Yeah, but Google/Apple /whatever are providing a service that is useful and valuable for me. I know I'm giving up tracking for that service. RFID adds nothing for the user and gives more info than I care to. I already bought my pass so it's not like it's changing my mind. I just hate the added cost that is passed on to me for the intrusion and no benefit for me.

In my experience this past year at multiple RFID resorts they either didn't have someone doing line management (Brighton, Lake Louise) causing a cluster in the line or the person doing line management was fine but the users constantly had issues at the scanner (Deer Valley, Sunshine, Lake Louise). I'm glad some have had better experiences but they definitely doesn't match mine.
    RFID doesn't stop tracking you when you leave the mountain either. They know where you live, work, sleep etc..

Do you believe in chemtrails too?

Why did Crystal finally get rid of RFID?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    RFID doesn't stop tracking you when you leave the mountain either. They know where you live, work, sleep etc..

Do you believe in chemtrails too?
    I'm not a tin hat person, GTFOH. As I said, RFID is higher cost and no benefit for me. The tracking they do is lame (see Mr. 12 million vert) but not the real issue. I'm willing to give up my privacy to a point when it benefits me. RFID doesn't. And yes, RFID does keep track off the mountain as every single Ikon resort keeps bombarding me with useless surveys. That sucks.

RFID seems to work well at WP, from my perspective as an occasional guest. I don't get any emails or strange birds following me... Yet...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Getting back to the real issues, my kids are stoked on the International chair. We get them out the E gate sometimes, but this will get them out in the further terrain easier and they are excited. The release also put the replacement of 2 as mid-term so hopefully that's further out as it's way less necessary once the International chair is in place.

As a former instructor, I'm excited for the extension of Sessel. Lower I is the best teaching terrain on the mountain and taking young kids on the traverse early in the season is a gamble. I once lost 3 out of 6 kids to icy bumps on the traverse trying to get to Lower I.

Update: Guy Lawrence on the Storm Skiing Podcast talking about the plans. https://www.stormskiing.com/p/podcas...snoqualmie?s=r

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Why did Crystal finally get rid of RFID?

The system was malfunctioning. The purveyors offered to fix it for another measly $100000 and Kircher told them to stuff it.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The system was malfunctioning. The purveyors offered to fix it for another measly $100000 and Kircher told them to stuff it.
    Yea I remember it being glitchy and causing issues cant say I miss it

you guys think a ski mountain is sophisticated enough to take advantage of that data? nahhhh