Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3002
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Cascade traverse is gnarly. Hardest run on the mountain right now IMO.

International, other than the first pitch skied really well all morning I thought. Slush bumps under chair 2 and 50degree sunny skis were great. Crowds less than expected.
    I assume that is the traverse at the top of Armstrong over to where international comes down? I did not want to say something for fear of being called soft...but yeah, extremely burly friday eve. Again.
    , not trying to be a baby here...but do they ever do two cat wide, or is it single always? The ice moguls with sheet ice in between and a wall of ice to the left is fun...

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I assume that is the traverse at the top of Armstrong over to where international comes down? I did not want to say something for fear of being called soft...but yeah, extremely burly friday eve. Again.
    , not trying to be a baby here...but do they ever do two cat wide, or is it single always? The ice moguls with sheet ice in between and a wall of ice to the left is fun...
    Welcome to Alpental. Be happy if it’s even a single cat wide.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It really isn’t that bad itself, but the crowds make it hard when people are randomly stopping, turning etc. easy enough to bomb thru it if it’s clear.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

I figured. I can hang, hoerver that would be a tough sell for the rest of the family. They need to toughen up. Perhaps this is the recipe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Haha, so true. I was surprised they had it at a single.

puma, they do get it double wide once we get some more snow. It's pretty rough but it's only a 6 out of 10 (10 being worst) right now for how bad it can be. One week in lessons I lost 3 out of 6 kids to the traverse who all bailed off to the right.

I figured. I can hang, hoerver that would be a tough sell for the rest of the family. They need to toughen up. Perhaps this is the recipe!!!
    Give em time. My youngest is eight and said it was "fun" today. He's a little weird though.

Reasonable lines today. Nothing over 10 minutes for me. Sure was nice to have sun all day instead of the foggy gloom that everyone in the lowlands experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Shot six bomb? I heard a rumor earlier that day it was planned.
    I've been skiing Alpental for many years but I'm still a JONG. Is "Shot Six" the starting zone above the gully you traverse right after you go through the Shot Six gate?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    I've been skiing Alpental for many years but I'm still a JONG. Is "Shot Six" the starting zone above the gully you traverse right after you go through the Shot Six gate?
    Technically it doesn't start until the bottom of the rock wall when you have to step up a few through a gate.

Amazing weekend. Both girls are progressing proud dad moments . Managed to get 12 down Nash and 4 on st B yesterday 2 Nash 4 st b and 4 magic carpet today. Older daughter is skiing by herself now doesn't want to wait for dad and sissy. Tapatalk blows and says I've exceeded my monthly image allotment so no pics to upload but plenty of stoke this weekend from everyone in spite of the ski school madness and the firm conditions.
    The parking on the road from lot 2 to 4 is some bullshit someone needs to hit them with the crayon of shame.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Haha, so true. I was surprised they had it at a single.

puma, they do get it double wide once we get some more snow. It's pretty rough but it's only a 6 out of 10 (10 being worst) right now for how bad it can be. One week in lessons I lost 3 out of 6 kids to the traverse who all bailed off to the right.
    Perhaps I am sick in the head, but I am kind of looking forward to seeing a 10 someday!

Perhaps I am sick in the head, but I am kind of looking forward to seeing a 10 someday!
    We need a few more Shot 6 avalanches, exposed trees/rocks and blue ice to get that high on the scale.

Anyone else going up tonight? Can't decide between refreezing slush at silver and dust on crust under Armstrong...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Anyone else going up tonight? Can't decide between refreezing slush at silver and dust on crust under Armstrong...

I am planning to head up. My son, who would rather play xbox and has yet to go this year (and last year with a growth spurt of at least 12inches) will NOT be happy about this game plan. We are going to pop the cherry on his season probably at West.

If it was just me, based on last Friday, I'd probably be headed to Silver\Central.

I am planning to head up. My son, who would rather play xbox and has yet to go this year (and last year with a growth spurt of at least 12inches) will NOT be happy about this game plan. We are going to pop the cherry on his season probably at West.

If it was just me, based on last Friday, I'd probably be headed to Silver\Central.
    Good for you. Enjoy the time with your kid. The pull of screens on kids minds these days is wild.

I just saw that silver isn't scheduled to close at 4pm tonight. Guess I'll kick things off on Armstrong!

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Good for you. Enjoy the time with your kid. The pull of screens on kids minds these days is wild.

I just saw that silver isn't scheduled to close at 4pm tonight. Guess I'll kick things off on Armstrong!

Have a good eve. Looks like west is closed, so central it will be!

Looks like only a couple more days before we get winter back. Looking forward to a powder Tuesday out with all our favorite powder techs next week.

The inversion has been rough for the pass this week. How have been groomer conditions at central been? I skied Red yesterday and never saw the lifts the cloud layer was so high

Thinking about taking the lady up tomorrow but if it doesn’t soften it’s not really worth it

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looks like only a couple more days before we get winter back. Looking forward to a powder Tuesday out with all our favorite powder techs next week.
    I appreciate your optimism

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I appreciate your optimism

I mounted up four sets of skis this week for phatty in anticipation of winter’s return. I feel like the act of faith is moving mountains…or rather an improved weather pattern. But, snow levels do look a little iffy for the I-90 corridor.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I had my 4runner washed for the second time in 8 years. Well, actually, my insurance had it washed, but still. This storm better fucking deliver.

My edge (and general ski) neglect has been biting me hard with the recent conditions. I need edgeable snow back!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    The inversion has been rough for the pass this week. How have been groomer conditions at central been? I skied Red yesterday and never saw the lifts the cloud layer was so high

Thinking about taking the lady up tomorrow but if it doesn’t soften it’s not really worth it
    If the forecast holds, should soften up by noon-ish? looking like a forecasted high of 41 +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I mounted up four sets of skis this week for phatty in anticipation of winter’s return. I feel like the act of faith is moving mountains…or rather an improved weather pattern. But, snow levels do look a little iffy for the I-90 corridor.
    And 3 were powder skis! I'm ready! It's coming, I feel it.

Mounted 3 cast in two days . 2nitewas fast af. Leaving for a week ur welcome

Chair 2 seems fun today.

From Snow Report.

Extra Challenging Conditions at Alpental: Conditions on upper mountain at Alpental have been quite challenging this week due to the freeze-thaw cycle associated with these spring-like temperature swings. Like always, our goal is to open as much terrain as possible given the conditions. However, we expect to have delayed openings or extended holds on Chair 2 until the weather changes, it's just too hard, icy, and challenging in the morning. Not only are these conditions hazardous, with hard impacts and long slides possible if you fall, but it also exposes our patrol team to the hazard when running routes or performing rescues. Recently we have been closing Triple60 early at night due to this same hazard.

If the sun softens up the surface snow, skiing on the chair side of the mountain can be enjoyable for expert skiers/riders. However, these conditions are still variable with extremely hard snow/ice in shaded areas, and only amplify the technical and challenging terrain on the upper half of Alpental. Please take the "Experts Only" warnings very seriously before considering going up Chair 2. That warning applies now more than ever, and now is not the time for a progressing skier or rider to take on the new challenge of riding Chair 2.

We know the view at the top is enticing, but if you're not ready for extremely difficult conditions/terrain - skip taking that step in your progression until the snow returns. For the hardcore folks out there that can hold an edge and want to make some turns from the top... ride with a buddy, take it easy, and enjoy the challenge.

If you're an intermediate level skier/rider, lower mountain at Alpental is challenging as well and a better experience will likely be had at Summit Central or Summit West. The Cascade Traverse is especially challenging right now, with icy areas and plenty of bumps. Watch and pay attention to signage on the mountain, it's there to provide awareness. Take it slow, look ahead and find the easiest path of travel.

god i miss it