Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5eFy5H...d=gk4c7n2ymryp

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Just saw that, sitting here shivering now and trying to get my jaw off the floor. That would spread you like peanut butter.

Looks like there was at least one avalanche class in the basin Sunday too. That could have literally taken out dozens of people.

Whoa. There was a continuous conga line of people heading up there Sunday morning too. Hope there was nobody caught in that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Spring poked its head out today to take a look! Impressive rumbling coming from 90. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614798001.292616.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	365703
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614797858.524880.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	365702  

Night laps were fast and firm last night. I would expect the same after the warm weather today. On my MFree 108s but wished I was on my groomer zoomers. City League was taking 75+% of Sessel. Someone at Alpental needs to call them on that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    City League was taking 75+% of Sessel. Someone at Alpental needs to call them on that BS.
    Just the two City League courses, or more than two? Local youth race team and masters groups also train next to City League. All are strong advocates for keeping night skiing open.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Just the two City League courses, or more than two? Local youth race team and masters groups also train next to City League. All are strong advocates for keeping night skiing open.
    I'm generally a fan of City League, but last night seemed extreme. Roped area was way more than than the usual two lines. They only had the two course lines set up, but there were separate lines (with trenched turns) both inside and outside the courses and inside the rope line. Didn't see any other groups, so not sure if that's what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm generally a fan of City League, but last night seemed extreme. Roped area was way more than than the usual two lines. They only had the two course lines set up, but there were separate lines (with trenched turns) both inside and outside the courses and inside the rope line. Didn't see any other groups, so not sure if that's what was happening.
    As many as 4 courses may be set inside the ropes at once- the ski team nearest chair, 2 citileague courses, and masters on the far side. It can be tight in there- I know the kids used to try and wrap up close to/soon after the citi starts to have less interference with the spills and thrills of the beer league. Yeah, it really sucks when the only grooming for the day ends up inside those ropes, but I have also witnessed course collisions that take people out for the season.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Good to know. I haven't seen them pack that all in there before.

Shaping up to be a fun spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

City league can eat a bag of dicks

That's quite the hole at tower 10. I assume it had to be dug by hand? And to protect the chair, not just a vertfest transition zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Shaping up to be a fun spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see the Rollen cliffs melted out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sun, corn, no crowds.

Banana skin with 200 cm skis in the Alpental lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2452_spun.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	762.0 KB 
ID:	365903  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Around 1130 today upper gate popped unexpectedly.

mofro putting in workwill fresh back from udapimp
    creamy spiny goodness looking for his linestokedbirdman

Is everyone on the mfree108 now? 😁

Thinking some of us inland folk might pop out for LBD weekend, looking forward to seeing the lot4 kooks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Around 1130 today upper gate popped unexpectedly.

stoked
    Like a little sunshine
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Is everyone on the mfree108 now?

Thinking some of us inland folk might pop out for LBD weekend, looking forward to seeing the lot4 kooks.
    Everyone but me

Good shit getting the Nash gate drop. My last lap was right around noon and didnt notice it open until i was changing back at my car and heard the bros next to me arrive at their car stoking out on the lap. Goddamnit, i really need to start scheduling for the afternoon shifts so i can get the gate drops. Good skiing with ya Kevin and Will, even if it was only for a lap- i had to go let the dog out for a pee at the car and you guys with your legs of steel just charge all the way down haha.

Also, shout out the Alpental lift mechanic with the most enthusiastic, tarzan like lift inspection i have ever seen when a returning chair at the bottom of chair 2 snagged the ropeline that patrol was resetting and flipped almost all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Good shit getting the Nash gate drop. My last lap was right around noon and didnt notice it open until i was changing back at my car and heard the bros next to me arrive at their car stoking out on the lap. Goddamnit, i really need to start scheduling for the afternoon shifts so i can get the gate drops. Good skiing with ya Kevin and Will, even if it was only for a lap- i had to go let the dog out for a pee at the car and you guys with your legs of steel just charge all the way down haha.

Also, shout out the Alpental lift mechanic with the most enthusiastic, tarzan like lift inspection i have ever seen when a returning chair at the bottom of chair 2 snagged the ropeline that patrol was resetting and flipped almost all the way around.
    Was wondering what happened to you.

Last week for night laps.ill be up tmrw night for sure and Friday as well ww should have another mag night ski

Ending Alpy nights this week is such BS. They are still getting decent lines every night I've been. Will likely try to get a few nights in this week and crossing fingers they extend a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615245266.627546.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	366436
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post

Name:	Image1615245266.627546.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	366436
    Wait... how the ????

It used it's winch duh!

Did they actually try to groom, or is it just torn to shit now?

Must have been used for chair clearance

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    It used it's winch duh!

Did they actually try to groom, or is it just torn to shit now?

Must have been used for chair clearance
    It’s like Deer Valley

Name:	Image1615252427.339612.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	366448

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    It’s like Deer Valley ]
    Lol