Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Mags of the year

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Oh man, heal up quick SVS.

Glad you’re still with us! Fucking scary
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Way to be a solid mountain partner Phatty! At least we know it'll take more than a 60 footer to take out svs. Glad you're gonna be OK dude

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Thanks for saving some leftovers for the sloppy seconders today. Beautiful day. Crowded as shit though. Some Darwin parking awards could’ve been given.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618185074.009156.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	371230

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Way to be a solid mountain partner Phatty! At least we know it'll take more than a 60 footer to take out svs. Glad you're gonna be OK dude

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    SVS said he landed the 60 footer and almost rode it out. I said “you stomped the landing?!?”. He said “well, I wouldn’t say I really stomped it...” lol

Holy crap, that looks scary af. Glad SVS is okay. Props to all who helped with the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Whoa. That went bigger than I thought. I saw a lot snow moving around me, but seemed like fairly normal slough. That's definitely not normal. We were very lucky. Thanks for posting the video, Brit.

Heal up SVS! Hope to see you at JH next season for the January shenanigans DJ is planning.

Glad to hear everything went as well as it could have... after the shit hit the fan. Sending well wishes on a speedy physical and mental recovery SVS.

I haven't taken my GoPro out much at all this year, but in honor of SVS who shares more than his fair share of GoPro stoke, heres the top of a couple laps from today:

Holy shit, wow! That looked like a close one. Glad to hear you are there to hug your fam!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Glad to hear everything went as well as it could have... after the shit hit the fan. Sending well wishes on a speedy physical and mental recovery SVS.

I haven't taken my GoPro out much at all this year, but in honor of SVS who shares more than his fair share of GoPro stoke, heres the top of a couple laps from today:

Nice vid. Some of the best April conditions I can remember. I was going to head out the gate solo today but SVS’s incident gave me a much needed dose of reality.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Dumb . Lucky. Traumatized. Bunged up.
    Grateful to hug my daughters tonight.
    I've not had the pleasure to meet you, but I will say that I am very happy to hear you are ok and were able to give the family a big hug. Scary. Take care.

I just spoke with NWAC to give my report on the incident. So many lessons learned on my part from it. I'm working on writing it up for here and NWAC will be posting their report fairly soon.

Here's one takeaway I have, though. The Mag (and non-Mag) community at Lot 4 is undefeated. I'm a periphery player. I've met most folks once or twice. Taken a run here and there, but I'm a weekend warrior who's usually with my family and don't really know many very well.

SVS is different. He's a king of stoke and a ringleader in the lot. His Gopro grunting is legendary. The number of folks that stuck around for us to make it down and that helped out was inspiring. The love for SVS was so great to see and very touching. You guys rock.

I spoke with his wife yesterday after he went to the doctor. He's supposed to have surgery on his shoulder today. Keep the vibes coming for him.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I just spoke with NWAC to give my report on the incident. So many lessons learned on my part from it. I'm working on writing it up for here and NWAC will be posting their report fairly soon.

Here's one takeaway I have, though. The Mag (and non-Mag) community at Lot 4 is undefeated. I'm a periphery player. I've met most folks once or twice. Taken a run here and there, but I'm a weekend warrior who's usually with my family and don't really know many very well.

SVS is different. He's a king of stoke and a ringleader in the lot. His Gopro grunting is legendary. The number of folks that stuck around for us to make it down and that helped out was inspiring. The love for SVS was so great to see and very touching. You guys rock.

I spoke with his wife yesterday after he went to the doctor. He's supposed to have surgery on his shoulder today. Keep the vibes coming for him.
    Man I'd love to hear it first hand from you, in order to learn from the experience, and be able to ask questions about the situation as a learning opportunity for me. You around this upcoming week? Obviously I'd bring beer.

Also: What's the prognosis on SVS's Knee/leg?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Despite the scary ending on Saturday, goddamn was that a stoke fueled couple of pow days.

Plenty of clean palletes to palate
    Name:  20210409_100606.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  243.9 KB

Fun runs with these dudes.
    Name:  20210409_101053.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  220.5 KB

April 10, return to winter
    Name:  20210410_111624.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  92.1 KB

The Smasher Smashin'
    Name:  20210410_140340.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  216.3 KB

Know all these kooks are sending the healing vibes.

Name:  20210410_164014 (1).jpg
Views: 697
Size:  242.1 KB

Heal up quick SVS, that was quite the ride you took.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Man I'd love to hear it first hand from you, in order to learn from the experience, and be able to ask questions about the situation as a learning opportunity for me. You around this upcoming week? Obviously I'd bring beer.

Also: What's the prognosis on SVS's Knee/leg?
    He's getting scheduled for a priority MRI for his knee. Not sure on timing yet. His knee buckled pretty hard when he tried to take his first turn. He said he felt bone on bone. Past experiences lead me to think it's a torn ACL, but we can hope for a better diagnosis.

I'm around this week and happy to talk about it. Send me a PM.

I got up there late afternoon, but that was some of the best skiing of the year. Snow was awesome. I can only imagine how it would have been Thursday if they had been open. Mofro's pics nail the vibe perfectly.

Vibes. Get well. Ski ya soon
    What run/area was this?
    NWAC was vague on specific location

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Vibes. Get well. Ski ya soon
    What run/area was this?
    NWAC was vague on specific location
    Shot 261 to great Scott. Once unburied traversed to a flat/safe area above big trees.

I know I say this a lot, but Saturday was probably in top 5 all time lift served days ever. I mean it this time

+vibes for a quick but more importantly a full recovery. Will be a hell of a campfire story someday.

Kudos to those involved in the recovery/rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Shot 261 to great Scott. Once unburied traversed to a flat/safe area above big trees.

I know I say this a lot, but Saturday was probably in top 5 all time lift served days ever. I mean it this time
    Thanks
    Like me saying, OK, just one more run on my new ACL last season when we showed the out of towners around in waist deep "top 5" day of powder skiing

saw the avie report, figured it was 261 and wondered if it was one of the crew. Glad SVS made it out of there and props to his partner. Heal up and vibes on a quick recovery. I've had a scary moment in the same area but nothing close to that.

Ok, I was digging around online and found a pic that seems to show pretty well where we were. It's found here with a write up: http://www.alpental.com/pineapple2.htm

This passage from their description basically sums up what happened with us.

"Then there's 261. Go left (but not too soon) for a few lines directly into Great Scott Bowl, but be warned that the fall line leads over a cliff."

Name:  great scott 3.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  47.4 KB

We descended the higher of the two red lines below the bootpack (dotted red line). SVS got swept by the avalanche and went over the cliff into Great Scott Bowl while thefortrees and I followed the red line around the cliff band and then traversed under the cliff band to SVS. SVS said he turned left on the descent too early as he was planning to ski the lower red line which is 261 proper.