Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120
Results 2,976 to 2,998 of 2998
    Wow! That's getting insane. Before they split sessions, it was $700 for 8 lessons. That's why I started teaching there.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    $280 per class, wtf? Why on earth would I pay that when powderpigs is less than 1/3 of that?
    This year I just skied with my 3.5 y.o. and might also do the same next year, but I'm at least looking at options and $1400 for five classes is completely nonsensical.
    I feel violated just reading this pricing. I know the demand is high, but the shrinkflation effect on these lessons is mind boggling. So the new price is $70 per lesson hour! I don’t have the historical stats at hand, but I think the per-hour cost may have tripled in a five year time span.

Glad my kids have been done with lessons for awhile now. It was reasonably priced before especially given that the instructors were hit or miss, but the new pricing is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Glad my kids have been done with lessons for awhile now. It was reasonably priced before especially given that the instructors were hit or miss, but the new pricing is bonkers.
    For that price, you would hope all the instructors were PSIA certified at least Level 1, but that's definitely not the case. There are some good ones (my kids had some) but there are also teenagers way over their heads (my kids had those, too). My 13yo was just saying she might want to do a set of lessons again, but no way at that price.

Just throwing this out here but if you are a:

1. current Boeing employee
    2. a retiree or a former employee in good standing
    3. a spouse, sibling, child, or parent of someone who is #1 or #2
    4. current government, customer, vendor or contract personnel stationed at or exclusively serving the Boeing Company
    5. a spouse and immediate dependent family members of someone who is #4

SKIBACS offers astonishingly cheap multi-week lessons at Snoqualmie.

Even if you've somehow managed to dodge qualifying for any of the above, if you know someone who does qualify and they're taking lessons (or one of their family members are), they can sign up non-qualifying guests to take lessons on the same day (doesn't have to be the same skill level class).

Wow those are cheap. Does my summer internship 18 year ago qualify me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Just throwing this out here but if you are a:

1. current Boeing employee
    2. a retiree or a former employee in good standing
    3. a spouse, sibling, child, or parent of someone who is #1 or #2
    4. current government, customer, vendor or contract personnel stationed at or exclusively serving the Boeing Company
    5. a spouse and immediate dependent family members of someone who is #4

SKIBACS offers astonishingly cheap multi-week lessons at Snoqualmie.

Even if you've somehow managed to dodge qualifying for any of the above, if you know someone who does qualify and they're taking lessons (or one of their family members are), they can sign up non-qualifying guests to take lessons on the same day (doesn't have to be the same skill level class).

I’m a member of BECU.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Perfect spring day on the padded seats! Fun to chase sun/aspects until my legs gave out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Wow those are cheap. Does my summer internship 18 year ago qualify me?
    It is worth reaching out and asking, especially if you have a BEMSID you can dig up.

Closing weekend is April 20-21.

That's cool, and I'm a little surprised given the dwindling snowpack and their eagerness to get going with construction. But boo no Friday 19th. Great stuff today in the high traffic areas.

Chirp chirp

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/6L0Wsvx9e2c?si=6LOYneNiBM2BA8WB

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://youtu.be/6L0Wsvx9e2c?si=6LOYneNiBM2BA8WB

Spring shredding, nice. My thighs are burning watching that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

HIGHLY recommend Powderpigs for the tiny ones. We did Wednesday nights until they threw us out. Classes were tiny, no crowds. Do it. It was great.

$280 per class, wtf? Why on earth would I pay that when powderpigs is less than 1/3 of that?
    This year I just skied with my 3.5 y.o. and might also do the same next year, but I'm at least looking at options and $1400 for five classes is completely nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    HIGHLY recommend Powderpigs for the tiny ones. We did Wednesday nights until they threw us out. Classes were tiny, no crowds. Do it. It was great.
    If you NEED Alpental, I can recommend the Friday night lessons. Most of the instructors I worked with were great. Light crowds so more laps/time on snow for kids.

I bit the price increase for weekend alpental since my son is excited about it and i get to ski then. Friday nights might be a good future option when his bedtime is a bit later.
    Planning to head up with the little guy tomorrow afternoon if anyone will be out.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Thanks. Are Wednesday nights that much better than weekends? Maybe it's obvious, the crowds, duh. 9pm is kind of late for a 4 y.o. but I'd sure find it a lot more enjoyable. And two hours is plenty for him.

Thanks. Are Wednesday nights that much better than weekends? Maybe it's obvious, the crowds, duh. 9pm is kind of late for a 4 y.o. but I'd sure find it a lot more enjoyable. And two hours is plenty for him.
    Wednesday nights are no longer an option at alpy thanks to management and their infinite wisdom

Absolutely. It's only one night a week for a few weeks. And the 4 YO will feel like they're the shit for getting to stay up late! And they'll crash on the way home.

Crowds are a big part of it, but also tiny classes for lots of attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Well the weather sure cooperated

https://youtu.be/xLbTtVxxJqk?si=3_n_zwwvHsP-i3Z2

High on spring slush bump stoke…low on grunts.

Nice back-flip. Didn’t see that coming.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...