Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    That's some serious BS. I'm guessing it's a staffing/payroll issue but they don't want to say it so for PR reasons or something
    Yeah, it's a trash answer. They could easily run nights all the way through April without terrain issues unless we get a few Pineapples in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    wow

thing #2 told me after yesterday no airing necessary for Rollen.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Looks like you just about need to take down those "cliff" signs
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    wow
    Right

this to this ...
    Unfuckingbelievable

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I’m sure it’s happened but don’t recall rollen cliffs completely disappearing in my 30 yrs at Alpental. Appears it could happen soon

Friday 2-26-21 below The Fan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	398.7 KB 
ID:	365234

Name:	IMG_0043.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	365235
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Unfortunately not. The temps will start to warm up and we will lose snow pack in some key places making it unsafe.
    I also emailed a similar request regarding keeping night skiing open at West and was given a similar response. I get that there are a lot of things going on. Weather gets fickle, people get involved in spring sports, etc. But man, they have such an amazing base this year. Surely they could extend the operations through March.

Alpental closing night skiing is a real bummer. My little kids are just getting to the point where I think they could handle skiing off of Armstrong and the door for night skiing after school is closing there too.

Nights have been a huge part of my physical and mental health this year. Hope temps stay cool enough for the rest of the nights left to be soft. Had to head up today to see faceshotuary come to an end. The warm up was fine then about 130 the fog rolled in and snow instantly became less forgiving. 3 out e gate and a couple lower mountain.

Thanks February you fucking rocked this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Nights have been a huge part of my physical and mental health this year. Hope temps stay cool enough for the rest of the nights left to be soft. Had to head up today to see faceshotuary come to an end. The warm up was fine then about 130 the fog rolled in and snow instantly became less forgiving. 3 out e gate and a couple lower mountain.

Thanks February you fucking rocked this year.

Great to share it with you bud!
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Had bad sleep last night due to daughter having an allergy attack at 4am so we didn't make it up until almost 11 today. Alpental lots full so rolled over to west and hit wildside till 1 with no lines to speak of. Went over to alpental after that and made a few runs off edelweiss then one down nash to snake dance with the family + another 8 yo girl my daughter was in ski school with whose dad teaches there as well. Also pretty much no lines after the first run. I guess the heavy snow tired everyone out early?
    Going to be solo at alpy Wednesday night if anyone is around. Oh yeah, first time up in a couple weeks as I was at crystal last week. Just a stupid amount of snow up high. Amazing.

Holy warm up. Sunny and warm tour on the kob. Heavy heavy pow but still fun low angle turns. Good to get the sweat on.

Name:	511F68D2-C66A-4731-B23E-4160CCA60BC7.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	870.0 KB 
ID:	365378

Name:	B051F967-3EFB-4F02-937C-A09FF5B6D7BB.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	781.4 KB 
ID:	365379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7F2AEED-5BF6-4B52-BC50-3A2B8C45A0D7.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	365380
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    I also emailed a similar request regarding keeping night skiing open at West and was given a similar response. I get that there are a lot of things going on. Weather gets fickle, people get involved in spring sports, etc. But man, they have such an amazing base this year. Surely they could extend the operations through March.

Alpental closing night skiing is a real bummer. My little kids are just getting to the point where I think they could handle skiing off of Armstrong and the door for night skiing after school is closing there too.
    I agree on all accounts. They can say what they want in their replies, but I think the simple truth is financial. Visits to the hill ramp down tremendously this time of year.

New to the area, I saw that Black Pass option that gives the rest of the year, plus next year. Not having nights at Alpental through March is a bummer. it looks like nights at Central are the only option? Being a total newb here...what are nights like at Central? Any decent terrain to lap? Comparable to Armstrong at Alpental at night, or not so much...?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Being a total newb here...what are nights like at Central? Any decent terrain to lap? Comparable to Armstrong at Alpental at night, or not so much...?
    I personally find the terrain on Armstrong really, really fun. Lots of nooks and little lines, varied, featured, steep in spots, playful, etc. I can bang out 10 laps in row and ski a very different, fun line down each time that gives a unique skiing experience.

The terrain off Central Express and Triple60 is pretty meh. Triple60 face is alright but really short, and just your basic, featureless blackdiamond mogul run. The rest is pretty much blue/green groomer. I used to ski for an hour or two at alpental then drive over (sans boot on my pedal foot) to Central and lap the medium line in the park for a bit. Without the park, i wouldnt find Central-only worth the trip for nightskiing more than once or twice, personally. When you are forced to make do, im sure you could find some creative lines there though.

While I would choose nights at Alpental over Central every time, I can still have fun over there off Central Express and (less so) Triple 60. The long flat run outs are the worst, though.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The terrain off Central Express and Triple60 is pretty meh. Triple60 face is alright but really short, and just your basic, featureless black-diamond mogul run... Without the park, I wouldn't find Central-only worth the trip for nightskiing more than once or twice, personally. When you are forced to make do, I'm sure you could find some creative lines there though.
    Silver Fir running at night helps, but I agree that Central/Triple60 don't have the same "fun" terrain as Armstrong. Always sad to see nights end mid-March.

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I personally find the terrain on Armstrong really, really fun. Lots of nooks and little lines, varied, featured, steep in spots, playful, etc. I can bang out 10 laps in row and ski a very different, fun line down each time that gives a unique skiing experience.

The terrain off Central Express and Triple60 is pretty meh. Triple60 face is alright but really short, and just your basic, featureless blackdiamond mogul run. The rest is pretty much blue/green groomer. I used to ski for an hour or two at alpental then drive over (sans boot on my pedal foot) to Central and lap the medium line in the park for a bit. Without the park, i wouldnt find Central-only worth the trip for nightskiing more than once or twice, personally. When you are forced to make do, im sure you could find some creative lines there though.
    My favorite part of night skiing at central is picking up chicks in The Village after close.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by AK47bp; 03-01-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: My bad...The Village

The Village

Happy March. Goobs gon be thinkin about bikinis and lawncare any day now.

"Central.... do it for the babes"

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My favorite part of night skiing at central is picking up chicks in The Village after close.

Chloroform is not consent, brah

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Chloroform is not consent, brah
    Even if I ask; “does this smell like chloroform to you?”

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The Village

Happy March. Goobs gon be thinkin about bikinis and lawncare any day now.
    Too late, already thinking about both of those things (never really stop thinking about the former). Not gonna stop me from skiing though.

Already threw down some moss killer in the lawn and planted a tree. Bring on the corn!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5eFy5H...d=gk4c7n2ymryp

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5eFy5H...d=gk4c7n2ymryp

Absolutely insane. Could have been so deadly if it happened on Sunday.