Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3002
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Echoing the sentiment, glad you are safe Norseman, I too had some PTSD over a full burial, definitely change my outlook on getting after it in the backcountry.
    Oh and for what its worth I too broke (3) ribs in October, the visit went like this,
    Dr after looking at the X-Ray, "yep they are broke alright. Me, what should I do" Dr "Dont do anything that hurts for 4-6 weeks. Me, should I wrap them? Dr "we dont do that anymore, take a mixture of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. " That will be $1,000 please.
    Bottom line - other than confirming your ribs are broken that visit to instacare wont do much for you.
    Yeah, I know there's no "fixing" ribs. But during a previous rib break I experienced a pneumothorax, so I need to rule that out for this occasion, too. Dang things release a lot of energy when they snap and the organs behind em don't absorb it so well if they're close. I'm not feeling the squishing and gurgling so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ribs fuckin suck for sure. What do we do in the club? Sit around drinking, bitch about Alterra/Frank, try not to laugh or fart? Sorry about yours man. Good story at least?
    Late night pee break for 95lb puppy on icy driveway, instead of putting on boots with good lugs and great ice traction I slid into the nearby Blundstones with worn smooth soles.

I tried to stick it out with home care and curse words but just got to the point where my wife was about to call paramedics due to my screams.

Issaquah UC on Friday was a three-hour wait. Went to the Swedish ER at Issaquah Highlands where I was in the treatment room within 30 seconds of checking in. (Same last time I was there)

Fracture of 9th rib toward spine. Some signs of bleeding from time of injury, no internal/organ damage.

Trying to stay off the Hydrocodone but half dosage sure helped for the first few days and now when I wake up at 3-4.00 a.m. in pain.

We could race our Spirometers? Did they give you one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fuck Rob, Sorry.

Had some broken ribs too. Dragged through the woods by a horse by one stirrup. Ribs suck.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Late night pee break for 95lb puppy on icy driveway, instead of putting on boots with good lugs and great ice traction I slid into the nearby Blundstones with worn smooth soles.

I tried to stick it out with home care and curse words but just got to the point where my wife was about to call paramedics due to my screams.

Issaquah UC on Friday was a three-hour wait. Went to the Swedish ER at Issaquah Highlands where I was in the treatment room within 30 seconds of checking in. (Same last time I was there)

Fracture of 9th rib toward spine. Some signs of bleeding from time of injury, no internal/organ damage.

Trying to stay off the Hydrocodone but half dosage sure helped for the first few days and now when I wake up at 3-4.00 a.m. in pain.

We could race our Spirometers? Did they give you one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

The incident makes me really rethink going out there solo. Of course I know it's not totally safe, but I justify it by skiing something easy like Mach's/heavenly, stokes, or big trees. Maybe not wise...

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    The incident makes me really rethink going out there solo. Of course I know it's not totally safe, but I justify it by skiing something easy like Mach's/heavenly, stokes, or big trees. Maybe not wise...
    Same.

Familiarity breeds complacency kind of scenario as well.

I’ve trudged through avy debri a ton of times on that high T just assuming it was somewhat safe. No idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who’s going up tomorrow to find some of the 30+ in sitting at mid mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I'm coming up after work for clean up duty... Might pop some pillows at west if it opens and then head over to alpental.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Probably all of Pugetopolis.

Another 30" coming through tomorrow night, and then the rain comes. Flooding going to be of the charts.

I'll be up for afternoon/night duty

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Another 30" coming through tomorrow night, and then the rain comes. Flooding going to be of the charts.
    The base is set

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I'm coming up after work for clean up duty... Might pop some pillows at west if it opens and then head over to alpental.
    I am on the same game plan. Sure do love working today!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Had some broken ribs too. Dragged through the woods by a horse by one stirrup. Ribs suck.
    Yeah but your organs are grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’ve trudged through avy debri a ton of times on that high T just assuming it was somewhat safe. No idea why.
    Wellll maybe part of it is you think, like me, that patrol does some kind of control work out there before opening the gate. I'm not all wrong about that, am I?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Wellll maybe part of it is you think, like me, that patrol does some kind of control work out there before opening the gate. I'm not all wrong about that, am I?
    The do control it to an extent. But, the terrain out there (overhead and below) is so featured and complex that all they can really do is try and mitigate the risk of BIG stuff popping. Add in real time changes in risk from wind and solar and it would be impossible to truly control that whole zone without a LARGE amount of resources. IDK, i treat the High T as a race against risk everytime im on it as the overhead danger is so very blatantly in your face. That said, it is easy to get complacent when you are surrounded by so many newbs and folks without gear out there, and such a small percentage actually get in trouble (almost always cliffs are the issue).

Out Nash gate is some very dangerous terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I am on the same game plan. Sure do love working today!
    Womp womp, alpental closes at 4pm today. Central it is.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Womp womp, alpental closes at 4pm today. Central it is.

It does not surprise me given my "luck". It feels like every time I get a window of opportunity (days off, or all clear on the home front), power, or the roads, or staffing issues get in my way! I will stop bitching as it's been an incredible cycle, enormous turns were had, and it will be fun to get up there to make turns on the other side this evening regardless!

For those getting after it now, stay safe, enjoy, and yes us keyboard jockeys are jealous...

It does not surprise me given my "luck". It feels like every time I get a window of opportunity (days off, or all clear on the home front), power, or the roads, or staffing issues get in my way! I will stop bitching as it's been an incredible cycle, enormous turns were had, and it will be fun to get up there to make turns on the other side this evening regardless!

For those getting after it now, stay safe, enjoy, and yes us keyboard jockeys are jealous...
    I feel ya. They do be first world problems. Black jacket + orange pants, JJs or devastators, say hi if you see me!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'll be up for afternoon/night duty
    I have to work but divegirl is up there solo today. Turquoise helmet, blue jacket, maroon Solomon QST skis.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I will be on the lookout for Divegirl and Waveshello. I am in a blue coat with fluorescent red highlights, black helmet, grey pants, and ON3P Billygoats with the Wren top sheet. Will be riding with the tallest guy on the hill in a yellow coat.

So is my piano.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Yeah but your organs are grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I will be on the lookout for Divegirl and Waveshello. I am in a blue coat with fluorescent red highlights, black helmet, grey pants, and ON3P Billygoats with the Wren top sheet. Will be riding with the tallest guy on the hill in a yellow coat.
    Name:  IMG_3928.JPG
Views: 628
Size:  36.9 KB

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Name:  IMG_3928.JPG
Views: 628
Size:  36.9 KB

Nice.

That's him!

Classic Alpental day. Patrol did an awesome job at getting the mtn open. Figured I'd quit while I was ahead at 130. Catch yall on the otherside of the warm up hope ur feeling better Norse made some turns today for you.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Morning was good for me as well. Couple early fresh tracks on 2 then super goat chop smashing on Armstrong with no line before closing out with international face. Snake dance and Felson were still closed when I left

Felsen opened about 1:40 give or take. I really wanted to let loose through it but opted to stay super careful and plod my way through. So deep out there.