Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Apparently the front office still cannot figure out how to handle the crush of web traffic when they put a limited amount of season passes back on sale this morning. I hear you can still buy season passes to crystal though....

Looking like a beautiful sunny weekend to start the lift served season off. Snow might be a bit crunchy, but at least i wont have to skin up to ski it!

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Apparently the front office still cannot figure out how to handle the crush of web traffic when they put a limited amount of season passes back on sale this morning. I hear you can still buy season passes to crystal though....

Looking like a beautiful sunny weekend to start the lift served season off. Snow might be a bit crunchy, but at least i wont have to skin up to ski it!
    not to be too big of a dick but as someone who's bought my pass early for a decade, color me happy that they seem to be sincere about limiting pass sales to regulate numbers as opposed to reservations.

Sucks for those that procrastinated.
    Last edited by SeatownSlackey; 12-02-2020 at 08:39 PM.

A little birdy told me some lift-served is in play on the other (south) side of the highway tomorrow mid-morning-ish.
    Last edited by gnarbro365; 12-03-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    not to be too big of a dick but as someone who's bought my pass early for a decade, color me happy that they seem to be sincere about limiting pass sales to regulate numbers as opposed to reservations.

Sucks for those that procrastinated.
    Pretty much. Reading some of the entitled comments on SM about their second failed last minute pass sale was somewhat entertaining. A lot of " I'm going to Steven's now". Good. I hear there's a great place to get breakfast sandwiches too

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Pretty much. Reading some of the entitled comments on SM about their second failed last minute pass sale was somewhat entertaining. A lot of " I'm going to Steven's now". Good. I hear there's a great place to get breakfast sandwiches too

I didn't not enjoy some of the posts trolling "your longest most loyal passholders who will now be going ikon or epic, or to baker" because they waited until the very last minute to try and get pass and couldnt. Lot of entitlement and whining for sure. Could be the best year ever if crowds are minimized (even if lift wait times are just as long, it'll get less tracked), no reservations for passholders, and they hire some crusty, angry local to be the parking nazi for Lot 4. Shoot, id drop off hot coffee and a bfast sandwich each time i go if the parking security is ruthless enforcing their new policy.

I have had a pass for long enough that this year they sent one to me twice.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I didn't not enjoy some of the posts trolling "your longest most loyal passholders who will now be going ikon or epic, or to baker" because they waited until the very last minute to try and get pass and couldnt. Lot of entitlement and whining for sure. Could be the best year ever if crowds are minimized (even if lift wait times are just as long, it'll get less tracked), no reservations for passholders, and they hire some crusty, angry local to be the parking nazi for Lot 4. Shoot, id drop off hot coffee and a bfast sandwich each time i go if the parking security is ruthless enforcing their new policy.
    That Lot 4 job will suck balls. We need to make sure that person(s) feels the love from all of us.

I keep holding back on SM with all the whiners. I just want to scream "You could have bought a pass for way cheaper in May! They even took away most of the COVID risk from you!". The threats of going somewhere else are pretty hollow.

Yeah - This late in the game good luck getting a reservation at Crystal or Stevens on the weekends

This high pressure is delaying Alpental from opening but the cooler Temps have negated any snow melt. I dumped a bag of ice in my yard 3 days ago and it's still there looking exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Harsh View Post
    Yeah - This late in the game good luck getting a reservation at Crystal or Stevens on the weekends
    If someone is just buying an Ikon Pass, they won't be skiing weekends at Crystal until late Feb at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I have had a pass for long enough that this year they sent one to me twice.
    Sounds about right given your annual mileage.

w00t, c'mon La Nina, douse us with your moist unguents, slather us with that cold PNW spackle, exfoliate our voluble visages with gale force graupel.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

w00t, c'mon La Nina, douse us with your moist unguents, slather us with that cold PNW spackle, exfoliate our voluble visages with gale force graupel.
    Well now I’m aroused.

Le Tit Snow please!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

BOING!

24" of Cold Graupel is a dream run for me.

Gale force exfoliation sounds appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Gale force exfoliation sounds appealing.
    Bah-dum-dum!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Any new updates from that little Birdy?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    A little birdy told me some lift-served is in play on the other (south) side of the highway tomorrow mid-morning-ish.
    I don't see any chairs spinning today
    https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/webcams
    Last edited by 2Harsh; 12-03-2020 at 03:27 PM.

That birdy was correct although I didn't make it

Ski on lift(s) today at central ,crust turned to cream the more skied in everything got and the clouds burned off about 11. Morale was high and should continue that way into the weekend

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

^^Shit. Should’ve pinged you but then again I’m not ready for a chair hip check.

Just leaving central now. Figured wrong that I’d run into a kook or two.

360 face looked like it was going to be heinous but skied really well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	351169

They spin up Silver Fir today?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Negative

^^Shit. Should’ve pinged you but then again I’m not ready for a chair hip check.

Can't believe we didn't run into each other. There were a couple other kooks in attendance.

Green boots? What skis? I thought I saw you getting to the lift as we were heading up but I wasn't sure.

Ditto as I did a double take thinking it was you. Green Lange’s and mantra 102s. New black coat n helmet so I’m def less photoslutty and more incognito

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Silver still has open creeks

Ditto as I did a double take thinking it was you. Green Lange’s and mantra 102s. New black coat n helmet so I’m def less photoslutty and more incognito

Didn't recognize the skis and then I figured the clothes were too subdued to be you. Everyone but svs was incognito today I guess