Page 39 of 116 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’m trying to get a reservation Sunday I guess. Will post up if successful.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Success!!

Will be up Sunday.

Got in at 10am no problem and added a ticket for Saturday for me with no issues. Try to add tickets for the kids and errors popping up. my cart now empty and now I can't get back in. What a shitshow

system is fucked, no success

Quote Originally Posted by Darra View Post
    Got in at 10am no problem and added a ticket for Saturday for me with no issues. Try to add tickets for the kids and errors popping up. my cart now empty and now I can't get back in. What a shitshow
    Same deal. Fuckers can't get their web store together at all

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm now in a queue with a wait time of an hour. Not sure how that's even possible given the number of passholders......

I think I'm just gonna roll up there on Sunday anyway and if they won't let me ride chairs I'll get some hooman powered laps in.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

This was at the bottom of my ticket. Not sure where the checkpoint will be.

Alpental Road Checkpoint: All passengers in vehicle must show passholder ticket at the checkpoint before Alpental parking lots. Please have your ticket(s) ready and visible. Parking sticker must be attached to vehicle for easy recognition.

Edelweiss Chair and beyond... Alpental , The valley and the rest of snocrummy

Last edited by AK47bp; 04-28-2021 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Got through the queue fast but got errors when entering my store login so no luck. Had to bail to go get my 2nd covid shot so no further attempts.

I just finished my hour long line wait and was able to get a Sunday res. Glad I held off on the meltdown. May the odds be ever in your favor.

After the initial boot out during ticket confirmation #1 and 1hr wait to get back in, was able to get tix for both Sat and Sun booked and barcodes sent.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Same deal, all good now. Just a big time suck. Overall I'm happy with most of the summit operations but they need to get this figured out.

Same here, finally got sorted for Saturday after the 1 hour wait and realizing that each ticket had to be taken through to checkout separately.

Thank fuck there were no other reservations required this season, don't think I could deal with that disaster on a regular basis.

Had issues with Sat reservations but not sunday, but got it all sorted... So I'm on the list?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

work pulled me away from the computer for a while after getting cockblocked at 10am, and it appears that there are no more slots. bah.

enjoy the weekend, homies.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I think I'm just gonna roll up there on Sunday anyway and if they won't let me ride chairs I'll get some hooman powered laps in.

Pro tip: go there Saturday night, park it and sleep in your car. You will get a sticker saying if you do it again, they will tow you but hey, it’s the end of the season. You can borrow your friends car for it if they already got your license plate number on their file.

That way they can’t turn you around. I’m curious how much of a big shit show this will create. They can’t set up a check point before the condo so lot 1? Are people going to park on the road and west parking lot and walk all the way from west? Bunch of people walking back on that road drunk while others driving home drunk is going to be disastrous. What time does the west open for getting tickets and parking stickers? Then drive over to Alpental and park where the attendant tell you to park? How about parents dropping kids off? No everyone in the car have to have tickets... oh man what a shit show.

Wife and I managed to get reservations for Sunday. BUT... when we tried to add reservations for both kids, their passes show an expiration of 4/30/21 and we got a message that their passes (regular, full kids passes) weren't eligible for weekend reservations. Why would kids' passes expire 4/30/21 and ours expire 11/1/21?!?

Emailed customer service, hoping our kids aren't shut out.

Well, I got through the hour long wait and had the option to make 1 reservation. I'm hoping to bring my kids up for one last day on Saturday. I'm so glad that we didn't have to do this all season long.

Maybe I'll just go friday instead... Weather doesn't look too promising but Sunday will probably be the best day.

Or they could just up the number of available slots or just make it open to all pass holders. More about the party anyway. Those at any serious risk have had months to get vaccinated. Maybe it’s time we end this Puritan kill-joy cock measuring contest we have gotten into. Having been elsewhere in the country recently folks in NY and WA seem to take pride in being absolutely miserable and making those around them miserable too.

Oh and open up on the 5th. Fuck it. Keeping it going on weekdays until Memorial Day.

My Mrs fired off an email during the crash this morning about things going down during to check out, and this was the response back:

I am so sorry that you had problems today! We had thousands of guest vying for the limited reservations/tickets that were available.
    No exceptions or changes to reservations will be made at this time. If others begin to cancel reservations, more will be added to the site to reserve on a first come first serve basis.
    If you were able to get tickets we will see you at Alpental, if not have a wonderful summer.

Thank you!
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    My Mrs fired off an email during the crash this morning about things going down during to check out, and this was the response back:
    I will say that my interactions with customer service have been similarly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    system is fucked, no success
    That sucks. I have five for each weekend day and I'm going to drop the Saturday I think as soon as I confirm a few things. If you want to be notified of when I do and potentially grab them I will give you a heads up via a PM.

I had several failures updating accounts trying to get next years season passes for my family. After some frustration and emails, I finally got the passes at spring prices.

Given that I have my second covid shot that Sunday and not wanting the frustration exposure for this, I'll skip the Alpy closer. Kinda bummed.

Have fun folks.

If it's not pouring, I'll be sn00ting around @ Crustal.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Maybe a hotdog stand between chair 1 and 2?
    I bet they could add over $100k of revenue with that hotdog stand... honestly a great idea...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    That sucks. I have five for each weekend day and I'm going to drop the Saturday I think as soon as I confirm a few things. If you want to be notified of when I do and potentially grab them I will give you a heads up via a PM.

Thanks man but we'll be out of town Saturday, knockin around the desert coming back from Bachelor.

I'm actually a little relieved to skip the closing weekend scene with the new protocols. The detour to West for parking vouchers is gonna be a goatfuck. I'd rather see a couple deputies counting cars and making a presence for drunks, then shutting the gates when the quota is reached or whatever. Building a whole reservation thing is silly... let's hope it's not the test run.