Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be so good. Will probably be at Hyak in the morning and then to Alpy to shut it down.
    Gonna be on my OG Waterfall 188 Protests tomorrow at Hyak. Say hi if you see me

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Gonna be on my OG Waterfall 188 Protests tomorrow at Hyak. Say hi if you see me

Will keep my eyes open. I'll be wearing blue jacket w/navy pants on veneer BGs. Finally moving on the freeway. At least 3" stacked while I was stopped.
    Last edited by phatty; 02-27-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Yep, good to be moving again.

Got up late, one lap out elevator gate then kept skiing til close. Lots of fun today.

Will keep my eyes open. I'll be on veneer BGs. Finally moving on the freeway. At least 3" stacked while I was stopped.
    Damn. Planning on leaving Seattle by 6:30am or so just to be safe

definitely slackey trying to find some slackme being rad slackey with the shotum blue skies yeah!PNC CG and Slackey
    roofs still fattips up at multiple towers. Skied from 1030 to 815 I'm spent.
    3 and 1/2 e gate
    Shot 6 2x
    Upper lap through breakover
    Nash to Adrenalin to snakedance
    About 7 or 8 lower mtn

Close to 300" up top in the month of February alone

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Damn. Planning on leaving Seattle by 6:30am or so just to be safe

Forecast is for 12" at pass level. Early departures will be required to get parking would be my guess. I'm expecting the freeway to be a mess.

I saw they opened up pass sales for next season...I think I might have to pull the trigger. Someone help convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I saw they opened up pass sales for next season...I think I might have to pull the trigger. Someone help convince me.
    Depends on where you live, but night skiing is is my season MVP. I've logged the vast majority of my ski time at night. The ability to jump up to the hill and hit high speed laps for 2hrs and jet home and still see my kids before they go to bed (if they aren't with me) is awesome. Plus lines are usually short and snow is still good. Yes, at night you miss the untracked and Chair 2 (I haven't taken a lap from up top since January), but make up for it in volume.

Saturdays I'm usually at Hyak with my wife and kids. Wife's just coming back after 3 seasons off due to knee surgery (tore her ACL on a powder day at bottom of Rollen), so she has not wanted to go to Alpental on the weekends. Having a pass means we can ditch out when her knee starts acting up without feeling any guilt about not getting a full day.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Depends on where you live, but night skiing is is my season MVP. I've logged the vast majority of my ski time at night. The ability to jump up to the hill and hit high speed laps for 2hrs and jet home and still see my kids before they go to bed (if they aren't with me) is awesome. Plus lines are usually short and snow is still good. Yes, at night you miss the untracked and Chair 2 (I haven't taken a lap from up top since January), but make up for it in volume.

Saturdays I'm usually at Hyak with my wife and kids. Wife's just coming back after 3 seasons off due to knee surgery (tore her ACL on a powder day at bottom of Rollen), so she has not wanted to go to Alpental on the weekends. Having a pass means we can ditch out when her knee starts acting up without feeling any guilt about not getting a full day.
    That’s what I’m thinking too. Just so nice to pop up for a couple hours with no thought about maximizing value. Even making out to Crystal / Steven’s on the weekends can be a bear if the lines are bad.

Waited at Easton for WB to open this morning and then blitzed up to hyak. Got a couple runs down the backside in and then one under the chair on the front side just as they started loading. Felt a little guilty skiing under the first chair but the whoops and hollers from above put that to rest pretty quick.

Back side was ski on till after 10 and then the lines started stacking up. Sun stayed warning everything up by 11. Now I'm back home playing daddy. Can't wait to see the stoke from Alpy, I'm sure it was sick once it opened.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    some more rooftop p0rn for Sir Vic. Silver Fir skied amazing for the first couple hours today. Proud dad moment when the groms 'ripped' the run under the lift.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210227_191633961.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	365134

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    some more rooftop p0rn for Sir Vic. Silver Fir skied amazing for the first couple hours today. Proud dad moment when the groms 'ripped' the run under the lift.

Name:	PXL_20210227_191633961.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	365134
    I raise your Silver Fir roof top stoke with Summit West ski school rooftop.

Name:	Image1614465138.317324.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	365137

Wish I had some real stoke but kid had a lesson. The pow in the sun was manked by 10:30-11. Tomorrow I shall be childless and shredding Alpy with my me pole straps snug as fuuuuuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp;6249495
    The pow in the sun was manked by 10:30-11.

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=84222
    TGR Forums[/url]
    ^^^ this. amazing how fast the snow turned.

Two early eastpeak chairline laps were super fun with the wife. Totally bottomless and great quality. Super fun popping off everything and diving into waist deep turns with abandon. Then had here drop me off on the Northside for an e gate lap around 1230... Still holding deep, great quality snow.

And the mother fucking sun came out to play!

I'm honestly kinda hoping for a bit of a cold dry spell now so I don't have to deal with the crowds anymore. I miss the low key, ski on days with mediocre conditions. That's how good this february has been haha.

Stuck on 90 heading home after the best night of my year. Nukage stopped around 6pm and it was only light snow with wind fill. Soft light snow all over the lower mountain. Awesome skiing all night long. Bigger lines until 8pm. Soft snow had me and my son getting sendy, though nothing like some of you guys. So much fun. Back to nuking at 9pm. Tomorrow is going to be so good. Will probably be at Hyak in the morning and then to Alpy to shut it down.
    This. We got off the pass before the roads got bad I guess.

I've been doing most of my skiing at West with my wife and 3 kids (ages 5, 7, and 9). Last night the kids concluded that "POWDER IS THE BEST!"

The 5 year old had a full on meltdown when we said it was time to head home. She repeatedly announced between sobs that "she was just going to ski alone". That's my girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    This. We got off the pass before the roads got bad I guess.

I've been doing most of my skiing at West with my wife and 3 kids (ages 5, 7, and 9). Last night the kids concluded that "POWDER IS THE BEST!"

The 5 year old had a full on meltdown when we said it was time to head home. She repeatedly announced between sobs that "she was just going to ski alone". That's my girl.
    That's awesome! My 10yo today "I love the parts with no tracks. It feels like you're flying."

Today didn't end up the way I had hoped. After dealing with the back up getting off the freeway, finally got to East at 9am to full parking. Headed to Silver Fir and was in the 2nd overflow lot. It was 10am by the time we finally got through the line and to the top of the lift. Headed to East for more huge lines and 98% tracked out snow. Got a few decent runs in and then the sun started to do its work on the snow. My wife's repaired ACL started barking around 1pm so we headed home. Was going to head back up, but too much to do at home. 4 straight days for me so I won't complain at all.

Stoked for the lucky ones who got untracked like californiagrown. Sounds like it was fantastic.

Stoked for the lucky ones who got untracked like californiagrown. Sounds like it was fantastic.
    Looked for the veneer BGs to no avail.

Today was all time at Hyak . Got to the top lot at 7:45, was around the 10th chair or so once they started loading just before 9. No lines really started until around 11am, then it was time for drinks anywhoo. All knee to thigh deep untracked everywhere before that. Snow was surprisingly light for how not cold it was out and the trees to both the right and left of Rampart where as good as I've ever skied them. Sorry it didn't work out better for ya today

Today was all time at Hyak . Got to the top lot at 7:45, was around the 10th chair or so once they started loading just before 9. No lines really started until around 11am, then it was time for drinks anywhoo. All knee to thigh deep untracked everywhere before that. Snow was surprisingly light for how not cold it was out and the trees to both the right and left of Rampart where as good as I've ever skied them. Sorry it didn't work out better for ya today

I knew it would be great for the early chairs. So awesome!

I knew it wasn't going to be my day when I got home from Alpental at 11:30 last night and my 10yo was just going to bed. Getting up early enough for fresh wasn't going to be an option. It's the first time in 10yrs we haven't done lessons at Alpental on Saturday, so I'm just getting my bearings of the other hills and how they work on Saturdays.

We still had fun, wife and kids were smiling when we left and I earn a few extra points, so I'm totally good. I just try to be stoked for everyone who gets the goods. I've had plenty in my days with way more to come. Skiing is way better than not skiing.

We've talked about it a bunch in past years about how lame it is they shut nights down so early (only 2 weeks left at Alpental and 3 at Central). I emailed the general email and got a pretty lame answer (below). If you have an opinion on when they shut down nights, let them know. Hopefully we can get a bit more out of them.

My email

I noticed there are only two weeks left with night skiing at Alpental and only one additional week at Central. For many of us, night skiing is the only time we can get up and cutting it off so early in the season, especially when we have such a deep snow pack really hurts. Is there any potential that the closing dates get adjusted now that we have so much snow? I hate to cut off such a great season too early.

Response from Summit

Unfortunately not. The temps will start to warm up and we will lose snow pack in some key places making it unsafe.

I liked the outdoor setup they had over to the side. Good weather for it!

First time there this year and had to park closer to the interstate than the lifts, about 9:20ish. Still had a fun time despite the warming temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I liked the outdoor setup they had over to the side. Good weather for it!

First time there this year and had to park closer to the interstate than the lifts, about 9:20ish. Still had a fun time despite the warming temps.
    Yeah, nice they expanded it. Was super small before and everyone was crammed it tight, which obv makes no sense especially considering the current times and all the available space over in that area.

Been at Hyak pretty much every Sat morn this season, it's been a crazy shit show so you gotta show up waaaaaay early to park anywhere near. The overflow from the tubing area was a total disaster earlier in the season too

Response from Summit

Unfortunately not. The temps will start to warm up and we will lose snow pack in some key places making it unsafe.
    That's some serious BS. I'm guessing it's a staffing/payroll issue but they don't want to say it so for PR reasons or something

Other than the lift lines Alpy was pretty awesome today. Got the first run straight down the middle of Edelweiss Bowl and it was fantastic.

Today was rad. Bluebird beauty. Deep and faceshots. Great times with Abe, Rob, John and some others

Name:	F7038CC8-BCC1-4193-BF45-DC35B8B8FD26.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	607.7 KB 
ID:	365178

Name:	6E69DBBE-9691-4464-89BF-06B1F71A3C59.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	631.6 KB 
ID:	365179

Name:	EEC2F327-7EE7-4AE8-90C0-ADC031880A06.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	617.6 KB 
ID:	365180

Name:	3284A3C7-5532-4380-BA28-390A7C930876.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	463.5 KB 
ID:	365181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EEC2F327-7EE7-4AE8-90C0-ADC031880A06.jpg 
Size:	617.6 KB 
ID:	365180

Name:	8178CCE9-8637-4FCA-8B47-EA02F5B7CEB3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	365182

Name:	04F94230-3EA4-419F-96A2-A521204E5AFC.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	362.7 KB 
ID:	365183

Name:	04ABFAF5-CFA4-48B1-9BFA-589E69F1755A.jpg 
Size:	743.6 KB 
ID:	365184

Name:	75F4065B-610F-4BD2-8D08-9B44E5535B82.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	731.4 KB 
ID:	365185
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Name:	IMG_3711.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	365187

Name:	IMG_3714.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	365188
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Looks like you just about need to take down those "cliff" signs