Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best demo binding

What is the consensus on the best demo binding? Mounting some skis for guests who are really good skiers....thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I skied the hell out of Tyrolia sp 130s with no problem, Detrusor.

I have some used attack 13s and some sth 16s in demo if you're shopping.

I put a lot of days on the attak 13's with no problem

easy to mount just a couple of steel tracks the binding clips onto

which probably made them heavier
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Tyrolia Attack or Salomon Warden. Take your pick.

IME a demo binding is a good way to do back to back test runs to see how moving boot center affects a ski

as opposed to having thots and feelings/ anecdotal evidence of 1
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I skied the hell out of Tyrolia sp 130s with no problem, Detrusor.

I have some used attack 13s and some sth 16s in demo if you're shopping.
    This^^^. Although Salomon Warden 13 is also good.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Warden 13/11 MNC Demo or Attack2 13 AT Demo as they're the only ones that'll work with any boot sole type (ie alpine, GripWalk, WTR or AT) so you'll have no worries about boot/binding compatibility.

^^^^^^^^What he said.

Best demo binding

If you just have a normal sole boot. Hard to beat the og marker royal demos.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 11-22-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Big fan of the Attack2 13 AT demos if cost is no object; happy with Marker Griffon demo if < $100 is your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Warden 13 and Attack 13 AT demos. I would recommend either. As stated before they are comparable with all boots. I ski a 12 din and both have performed flawlessly for me. They are both equally simple to adjust. Get whatever one you can find cheaper.

Attack 13 demos. There is a reason [mention]CallMeAl [/mention]has these bindings on their ON3P demo fleet. I have used them on a pair of Praxis Protests playing around with mount points. Low stack height, metal rail, lots of versatility. I have picked up cheap pairs off here along with L9 in your neck of the woods.

Attack2.
    I don't care for the brake arms on the Warden demos - they're kinda weird. (Every time I lasso them to wax etc, they just seem lousy.)
    I've got both and the arms are the only piece on the Wardens I don't really like. (It's not a huge deal at all...but if I'm picking and all other details are equal, Attack2)

Are the metal rails the same for the first gen Attack demo and the Attack 2 demo?

I have the tyrollia aattack2 13 demo on 2 pairs and I can't tell the difference with the regular aattack2 13.

The toe rail is unchanged. (You can simply slide the old toe off and a new toe on the same rail.)

The heel is different, but uses the same screw pattern. (The brake is attached to the rail in the OG version, and in the Attack2 it's attached to the heel piece.)

i believe not

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Be careful, they increased the stack height on the new version to accomodate the gripwalk sole.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    Attack 13 demos. There is a reason [mention]CallMeAl [/mention]has these bindings on their ON3P demo fleet. I have used them on a pair of Praxis Protests playing around with mount points. Low stack height, metal rail, lots of versatility. I have picked up cheap pairs off here along with L9 in your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    The toe rail is unchanged. (You can simply slide the old toe off and a new toe on the same rail.)

The heel is different, but uses the same screw pattern. (The brake is attached to the rail in the OG version, and in the Attack2 it's attached to the heel piece.)
    If I understand correctly Attack2 could slide on OG rails (w/o brake), the only difference would be ramp angle. Going to do the Lindahl CAST alternative and want to maximize options

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    If I understand correctly Attack2 could slide on OG rails (w/o brake), the only difference would be ramp angle. Going to do the Lindahl CAST alternative and want to maximize options
    *NO*

The heel rail between the Attack 1 (OG) and 2 is totally different.
    [Even if you could slide the heel on, the brake arms are screwed into the ski (as part of the rail) on the OG. Two of the four mounting screws for the heel go through the brake/rail.]

In case there's any doubt. I just held both in my hands and verified. The heel rails are simply totally different.
    HOWEVER, the _screw pattern_ is the same. So you can remove an Attack1 heel-rail and drop the Attack2 heel-rail right in and screw it back down - no changes.

To be clear, we're talking about the *DEMO* Attack 1 vs 2, right? (Which seems obvious. But you'd be surprised. I've had people, in a DEMO template thread, post complaints about the non-demo template.)

Lastly, as I already noted, some posts ago, the TOE rail is unchanged. For the toe, you can slide the OG toe off and the Attack2 toe on - no change.

Well this thread just actually solved a problem for me. Nifty.

I have attack AT demos on one ski, and regular Attacks on the other. And a WTR boot I like to ski. Turns out I can just swap the toes.

We switched from Tyrolia Attack2 Demos to Salomon Warden 13's on our test skis because of binding height. The Tyrolia is over 32mm tall which can be felt on wider skiers. The Salomon is about 25mm high and ski closer to the retail counterparts.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    We switched from Tyrolia Attack2 Demos to Salomon Warden 13's on our test skis because of binding height. The Tyrolia is over 32mm tall which can be felt on wider skiers. The Salomon is about 25mm high and ski closer to the retail counterparts.
    Good to know. One great thing about Tyrolia is they haven't changed their hole patterns in decades.
    Solomon was great until the end of STH 1.
    Marker changed the demo royal pattern for no good reason.

Has Salomon been consistent and unchanged since the Wardens came out? Any expectation they will remain the same for the next few years?

Was about to mount up an Attack Demo, but sad to hear the mega stack height if I upgrade to WTR or gripwalk, etc.
    . . .

Best demo binding

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Good to know. One great thing about Tyrolia is they haven't changed their hole patterns in decades.
    Solomon was great until the end of STH 1.
    Marker changed the demo royal pattern for no good reason.

Has Salomon been consistent and unchanged since the Wardens came out? Any expectation they will remain the same for the next few years?

Was about to mount up an Attack Demo, but sad to hear the mega stack height if I upgrade to WTR or gripwalk, etc.
    Current attack demo 13 only comes in AT form.

Previous years were GW I believe with lower stack height.

Edit: previous were alpine only sole I think
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 03-04-2021 at 08:43 AM.

I have some Look Axial 3 120s I'd let go for anyone here