electrical wiring question

We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom with a light that is controlled by a wall switch and the fan speed and light on/off is also controlled by a remote. The fan works fine, but the light does not get bright enough even after putting stronger bulbs in. It's been like that forever and we've just dealt with it. The other day I inadvertently flicked the wall switch after it was already on and the light got very bright like it should, but then dim in a few seconds.

Any idea what this is and if there is an easy fix? I'm not a handy guy (obviously) and don't like to play with electricity.

Is it a dimmer switch? Maybe incompatibility with the dimmer and the type of bulb in the fixture? If there's an LED bulb in it try putting in an incandescent or vice versa.

is it a CFL light?

I would try replacing what is there with a Lutron Casetta fan speed control/ light dimmer and pair it with the Pico remote for your bedside.
    Those fan speed/ light combos are notorious for being a pita. They may have used a dimmer instead of fan speed or something odd.

The newer led bulbs need special dimmers or controls due to the drivers in them. Fans with led bulbs in them tend to hummers' at very low dim. Odd RF things going on there.

My sister company has a fan speed/ light dimmer/ voice controlled switch coming out soon. It solves the low hum at full dim problem.
    The brand is iDevices. I am not sure when they plan on launching the fan speed deal.

Thanks guys. Your comments on the dimmer reinforced my initial thought when i saw it get brighter and then fade was that it was tied to a dimmer. I was playing with the light button on the remote and turned it off and then held the button down and the light got continuously brighter. I can now turn it on and off on the wall switch and adjust as needed on the dimmer. Wow i feel stupid.

I think what threw me off was that if the light was on and you held in the button it did not change, but if you turned it off and then held in the button it gradually got brighter. Another remote for a different fan/light combo had 2 buttons to dim and brighten the room.

Voice activated sounds pretty cool.
    Last edited by JongDoe; 11-21-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Well problem solved at least.

Never trust an electrician with no eyebrows.

almost spit wine on the new LT
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know